Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare FIFA World Cup Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 321

Tasuki

Well this kinda sucks now.  Last game of the World Cup is Sunday and then I have to wait another 4 years to watch soccer games

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

rastamadeus

Third place play off games are normally quite good so looking forward to this and think the Brazilians know if they lose again they may never see their families again. Brazil 2 Netherlands 0.

Big Phil has been roundly booed so think it's safe to say he's getting the sack. Hope they boo David Luiz too - alright having "heart" but he was single-handedly responsible for six of the seven goals. He needs a kicking.

Tasuki

Well this kinda sucks now.  Last game of the World Cup is Sunday and then I have to wait another 4 years to watch soccer games

Watch Liverpool in the Premier League every week Or any league. Can see any game in the world either legally or not online.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

rastamadeus
Sanquine
rastamadeus

Holland got what they deserved for playing worse and worse and worse throughout the tournament. A star player who has been anonymous since the first game, a midfield which just kicks anyone and everyone, 242 minutes without a single goal, the worst diver in the history of football, players with no bottle, heart or desire and a 'tactical genius' manager who's luck ran out. They won't be missed in the final.

Manchester United better throw money at the FA and Premier League to extend every draw to extra time otherwise with Van Gaal in charge they won't get a single win.

Oohw C'mon you just hate Holland ;P

Ha, nah, two of my favourite ever players are Dutch, Clarence Seedorf (who is a seriously sexy human being - and I'm straight) and Dirk 'face like a bucket-full of kneecaps' Kuyt. Since the Spain game though they've got worse and played for penalties. Boring and negative in a World Cup full of excitement and goals. I expect that from Chelsea, not the Netherlands who, lest we forget, invented Total Football.

EDIT (18mins in): This is much better as Holland are actually doing something. The last ten minutes against Mexico is the only time since Spain and before tonight they've actually gone at the opposition. It suits them much better.

PSG must be suicidal about spending £50m on David Luiz.

Edited on by rastamadeus

Tasuki
rastamadeus

Third place play off games are normally quite good so looking forward to this and think the Brazilians know if they lose again they may never see their families again. Brazil 2 Netherlands 0.

Big Phil has been roundly booed so think it's safe to say he's getting the sack. Hope they boo David Luiz too - alright having "heart" but he was single-handedly responsible for six of the seven goals. He needs a kicking.

Tasuki

Watch Liverpool in the Premier League every week Or any league. Can see any game in the world either legally or not online.

Hmmm I will have to check for that thanks for the tip.  Problem here in the US the only really good way we can watch a soccer game is if you get one of those premium channels from a cable or satellite company.

My Backlog

ShogunRok

I'd feel sorry for David Luiz if he wasn't an egotistical fool.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

rastamadeus
Tasuki
rastamadeus

Tasuki

Hmmm I will have to check for that thanks for the tip.  Problem here in the US the only really good way we can watch a soccer game is if you get one of those premium channels from a cable or satellite company.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?p … e=football is what I use if the game isn't on or if I wanna watch Serie A/Brazilian football - just make sure you follow Liverpool you hear haha.

Edited on by rastamadeus

rastamadeus
ShogunRok

He's going to be a laughing stock in Ligue 1. He was alright at Chelsea with Mourinho's bus or two to protect him but without that he's exposed to be the joke of a defender he is.

sinalefa

Another bad game for Brazil. Not even having Neymar at the bench helped them much.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

ShogunRok
rastamadeus
ShogunRok

He's going to be a laughing stock in Ligue 1. He was alright at Chelsea with Mourinho's bus or two to protect him but without that he's exposed to be the joke of a defender he is.

It's just insane that he's played as a centreback. We've seen him do some fantastic passes and that brilliant free kick, but there's no way in hell he's a defender. Needs to be played as a defensive midfielder with two centrebacks behind him - that's the only way he's not going to screw up 75% of the time.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

TOMBOY25

germany, been backing them from the beginning.

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

ShogunRok

I usually support Germany as much as England (as long as England aren't total trash) so Germany all the way. That said, I won't be too sad if Argentina win - the two best teams are in the final as far as  I'm concerned.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

sinalefa

As usual, I will support the underdog. I feel Germany will win, but I wish Argentina wins. Either way I will be happy since neither Brazil nor Netherlands got in the finals.

rastamadeus

Germany. If Argentina win it will be a travesty. You want exciting, wonderful, absorbing football at the end of the day, not a team set up not to lose to win something. It will be a cagey match and hopefully Germany score early so we have a spectacle. If Argentina score the game will be a worse final than when the Dutch decided to audition for cage fighting against Spain.

Tasuki

UGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!! I have to work today cause someone quit at my job this week .  So I will totally miss the game I will have to be content on checking my phone for the score every so often.  Other then that I will be going for Germany.  They were my pick along with the Netherlands since the beginning.

UPDATE:  Since this is the last game I will go ahead and change the thread name later tonight.

My Backlog

TOMBOY25

just to clarify i expect germany to win but would like argentina to win

TOMBOY25

PSN: TOMBOY25

rastamadeus

What a miss by Gonzalo Higuain! He could end up a recluse like Ray Finkle in Ace Ventura, his whole career defined by that clanger...

sinalefa

Well, congratulations to Germany. They turned a chance into a goal, unlike Argentina which had two of those. And they took home another World record with Klose.

ShogunRok

Best team of the tournament won. Argentina will feel even worse when they see all the chances they missed horribly.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.