Forums

Topic: Great Action RPG for PS3

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

CanisWolfred
ChocoGoldfish

I like the very dark setting, though. It's one of the Lord of the Rings fans rather than the high fantasy folks.

That's actually one of the things that irked me. Yeah, I liked Lord of the Rings and all, they were good movies and probably better books, but why the hell does nearly every WRPG Developer have to copy it down to a T?

Anyways at least it was fun to play, and from what I played the story seems pretty good, so I can overlook the setting being a little generic.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShogunRok
Mickeymac
ChocoGoldfish

I like the very dark setting, though. It's one of the Lord of the Rings fans rather than the high fantasy folks.

That's actually one of the things that irked me. Yeah, I liked Lord of the Rings and all, they were good movies and probably better books, but why the hell does nearly every WRPG Developer have to copy it down to a T?

Anyways at least it was fun to play, and from what I played the story seems pretty good, so I can overlook the setting being a little generic.

It's true, it irks me a little too. LotR basically created the high fantasy setting, and books/games/movies are still using that exact same formula, and it can get a bit drab now and then.

Which is why games like Mass Effect, which have crafted their own lore and settings are truly great. Which makes me realise;
ME2 and 3 are two of the best action RPGs on PS3, easily. Obviously more to do with shooting than hacking and slashing, but action is a key part of the formula.

Basically, every Bioware RPG on PS3 is a superb action RPG. Some more than others. Hell, even though DA2 gets hated on, it's still better than a large majority of other RPGs. Hopefully Dragon Age 3 puts the series back on top.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

fluffyluna

I am disappointed that no one mentioned darksiders 2. While this game may not be your typical rpg, it still shouldn't be counted out. This game does focus more on the action, (and does it amazingly well!) but it does have extremely intuitive rpg elements such as a wide branching skill tree, a huge open world to explore on your horse and even by running up, down, and sideways on walls like on prince of persia, and there is also a huge amount of loot to be had. This game also has one of the best story lines of any game out there and takes in a beautiful, rich, open world with a vast amount of side quests and even npc interaction that really develops the story line.

fluffyluna

Madd_Hatter401

Fallout 3 or new vegas very glitchy games but awesome atmosphere and a TON to do

Madd_hatter401 Proud owner of: PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Xbox one, Xbox 360, 3DS, Nintendo 64, Gameboy advance, Sega, and Sega Nomad.

PSN: Madd_hatter401 | Twitter:

Jaz007
fluffyluna

I am disappointed that no one mentioned darksiders 2. While this game may not be your typical rpg, it still shouldn't be counted out. This game does focus more on the action, (and does it amazingly well!) but it does have extremely intuitive rpg elements such as a wide branching skill tree, a huge open world to explore on your horse and even by running up, down, and sideways on walls like on prince of persia, and there is also a huge amount of loot to be had. This game also has one of the best story lines of any game out there and takes in a beautiful, rich, open world with a vast amount of side quests and even npc interaction that really develops the story line.

I don't think Darksiders 2 was out at the time of the last post before you, so that would be why no one menitoned it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Abelus

Nier and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll are the best action/RPG for PS3, imo.
I didn't play Drakengard 3 yet though.

Edited on by Abelus

Abelus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.