Forums

Topic: Will the ps vita endure the test of time this year?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Enobmah_Shards

Unless we get some games that will be announce this year at E3 I am worried about the state PS vita is in even if borderlands
2 were to come out for it.

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

moomoo

Yes, since at the very least indie game ports and an influx of Japanese game translations will keep it afloat. It may be a niche crowd, but at the very least it's a niche crowd that buys *lots* of games.

Most people just don't want to play AAA games on a portable. They would rather play them on a TV. Sony was and is never going to win with a strategy of those kinds of games in portable form.

At the very least, Sony can make a profit on the machine through their ridiculous memory card prices and the absurd amount of digital purchases they get from many Vitas. With Playstation Plus around, most Vita owners will be using their machines on a regular basis, which is ultimately matters. The PSP had a ton of units sold, but it's attach-ratio was abysmal. People would just buy a few games (GTA, God of War and the like) and then never use the machine again. That, and piracy (something the Vita doesn't quite struggle with yet).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

Punished_Boss_84

No one who can save Vita cares, even Sony (forget Japan) themselves. I'm absolutely sorry but that is the cold hard truth for a long time now. First E3 didn't wow anyone (even though COD & AC did their part), second one was laughable and this one isn't going to change a thing.

Localisations and ports, thats it.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

Sanquine

Save? I don't know it's a niche machine now. I'm oke with the localisations @Punished_boss
All that matters is that i get some JRPG's. It's far to late to make this thing a mainstream succes.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Punished_Boss_84

Well what is the OP expecting out of E3? I'm just putting it out there.

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

Enobmah_Shards
Punished_Boss

No one who can save Vita cares, even Sony (forget Japan) themselves. I'm absolutely sorry but that is the cold hard truth for a long time now. First E3 didn't wow anyone (even though COD & AC did their part), second one was laughable and this one isn't going to change a thing.

Localisations and ports, thats it.

Well, what would be your reaction if Sony DID announced first party games for the vita? Anything can happen at E3!

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

Well, what would be your reaction if Sony DID announced first party games for the vita? Anything can happen at E3!

I would be in shock, considering their recent comments in regards to Vita. I don't expect either to happen anytime soon.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

Victor_Meldrew

Its just neglected not dying

Victor_Meldrew

Jazzer94

This is probably going to be their last handheld its clear they don't hold much of an interest in the area.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

john_c

It is doing good business in its native Japan and most weeks it is selling the same and occasionally even more than the 3DS. Just because it is not selling in America does not mean it is a dying console. Does the fact that Xbox is only selling about 200 consoles a week in Japan mean that the Xbox is a dying console?

It will continue to live because it does decent business in Japan. Just because Western games companies haven't got the courage to make games for the Vita doesn't mean it is a goner. The Japanese Vita owners are being served by their software companies maybe we should ask why the Western companies aren't doing there job.

john_c

Scollurio

Whatever you guys might think but I firmly believe in a Vita successor a few years down the line, with (then at that time) less superior hardware to launch at a lower price but with a similar architecture as the PS4/PC to make ports quick and easy and we will basicly just be able to play scaled down PS4 games on their next system, it could even be (this would destroy the competition in my opinion) that you get the "Vita 2" version of any PS4 game for free or for a slightly higher price. Like 60,- for just the PS4 game, 69,- with scaled down Vita 2 version included. I see this. Seriously. With their Playstation Now, Vita connectability to PS4 it just makes sense for the whole ecosystem. At least, thats what I believe!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Sanquine
Scollurio

Whatever you guys might think but I firmly believe in a Vita successor a few years down the line, with (then at that time) less superior hardware to launch at a lower price but with a similar architecture as the PS4/PC to make ports quick and easy and we will basicly just be able to play scaled down PS4 games on their next system, it could even be (this would destroy the competition in my opinion) that you get the "Vita 2" version of any PS4 game for free or for a slightly higher price. Like 60,- for just the PS4 game, 69,- with scaled down Vita 2 version included. I see this. Seriously. With their Playstation Now, Vita connectability to PS4 it just makes sense for the whole ecosystem. At least, thats what I believe!

As long as i get my JRPG shot i'm ready to use my wallet

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Heavyman99

Well, all those Borderlands Vita bundles just sold out here in America. I think it's safe for people to make games on it now.

Heavyman99

Jo_Jo718

I think it'll do well, for me at least, with Freedom Wars, Oreshika, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Murasaki Baby, Hohokum and maybe (Hopefully!) Gravity Rush 2, Though I have to get a 32 GB memory card, it would be really great if they lowered the price of those things, it's just ridiculous as it is now.

Jo_Jo718

Victor_Meldrew

Sony needs to have more faith in their product, its very good but the marketing has been pretty poor. It will be fine and I can see it getting more popular over the next few years, just needs a little zazz and a steady stream of varied games.

Victor_Meldrew

Punished_Boss_84
SimonAdebisi

Its both, unless someone gets their act together.

ObviouslyAdachi

Who cares if it "dies?" Great games will always be released on it just as they always have been.

ObviouslyAdachi

PSN: Sol_Schitea

Victor_Meldrew
Punished_Boss
SimonAdebisi

Its both, unless someone gets their act together.

Its death will only come about if Sony decide its not worth Japan studio bothering with it anymore.

Victor_Meldrew

JaxonH
john_c

It is doing good business in its native Japan and most weeks it is selling the same and occasionally even more than the 3DS. Just because it is not selling in America does not mean it is a dying console. Does the fact that Xbox is only selling about 200 consoles a week in Japan mean that the Xbox is a dying console?

Eh, that's not entirely true. The Vita usually pulls a little over half of the 3DS family numbers in Japan. When FFX released, there was one week where it sold more. Other than that, it's been pretty consistent at selling at around 60% of whatever the 3DS family rakes in.

The problem that concerns fans is, that's not enough. The Xbox can afford to flop in Japan because it's selling millions in every other country it's in. The PS4, to give you another example, can afford to flop in Japan (and it is) because it's only one country. The Vita, on the other hand, is not just failing in one country. THAT would be totally fine. It's the fact that it's not doing well in any country, and the one country it's doing best in, isn't really doing well at all either. Take a look at last week's numbers:

3DS family..... 23,224
Vita........... 14, 070

Now, do I think the Vita has no future or is "dead"? Absolutely not. It's already amassed over 7 million units sold, which is a decent chunk of consumers to make games for already, considering it has a good number of years ahead of it still. The Vita isn't going anywhere, of that I am certain. The only question is, how much support will we see for it? With Sony relegating the handheld to PS2 collections, it's up to 3rd party support to carry the console going forward. I think that this E3 and the latter 2014 lineup will be indicative of the future we can look forward to on the Vita. All we can do for now, is wait and see. Worst case scenario, it stays a platform for collections, ports, and Japanese localizations. I can live with that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

jmburks

I think the Vita will be fine. We just have to except the fact that it is never going to move huge amounts of units. It will never sell like the psp but that doesnt mean it's dead. i'm perfectly fine with indies. They tend to be better suited for a handheld in my opinion anyway. I have my ps4 for the AAA games and my vita for the indies and mobile games. That makes sense to me and i love it. I dont know that there will ever be a vita 2 but i think the vita will continue to be suported for years to come. I didnt buy my vita with the intent on playing huge AAA games and sitting on it for hours at a time. I bought if for on the go gaming and short waits like at the dentist or something. I think it still remains a perfect system for that.

Own: PS4 and PS Vita
PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-
Call of duty Ghosts....PS4
OlliOlli and Rainbow Moon...PS Vita

PSN: XTheMinisterX

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.