Forums

Topic: Has sony given up on the PS Vita?

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

Jazzer94
Scollurio
Jazzer94
Scollurio

It's my personal take on it rastamadeus. No offense. I love to play Monster Hunter on my 3DS but it would be much easier (especially underwater fights) if it had a second circle pad. And really I wouldn't call it a feature just having ONE. There is no benefit to it. 3D is a matter of taste, I'd rather have a bit higher resolution instead of the 3D effect. Also, but thats just me, I wouldn't even want/need the second screen.

In my dream world Sony would make a new handheld, reasonably priced, compatible to standard SD cards and Nintendo would develop games for it!

If MH was such a problem underwater you should of got a circle pad pro.

An ideal world is Nintendo making games for their own hardware which they know inside out.

The circle pad is abysmal and ugly and I played over 250 hours of MH well without it. Just as an afterthought, I thought it's on Nintendo to "foresee" the use of a second circlepad.

Yep it's ugly and a bit bulky but it's actually quite comfortable and made MH a thousand times better to play and it's really cheap now. I only use it with MH and KH because honestly most 3DS games don't need a second circle pad but with MH4U next year I'm planing on getting one for my XL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xey__wjOg7I

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

Enobmah_Shards

No matter how dead the Vita gets, I'm still playing games like Borderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice and Killzone.

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

sinalefa

Last October I went to a shop to get the Pokemon blue XL. I got a Cosmo Black 3DS at launch. When I was there I saw a CoD Vita. So I actually preferred to buy a second 3DS than to get a system I don't have.

For me the biggest things that prevented me from getting a Vita are the lack of compelling exclusives and the proprietary memory cards. I would rather get an optional Circle Pad Pro for a second stick (for the few games where I actually feel it is needed) than a mandatory Sony memory card that ends up being more expensive than said peripheral.

And for Sony's biggest games, I already have my PS3, so I always thought a Vita would be redundant.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Knux

I love my Vita, but Sony is treating it like utter garbage! Eff you, Sony!!

Knux

WebHead

Seems it unfortunately. Darn shame since I have a Vita Slim. what an underappreciated device.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Ralizah

Vita is only dead if you care about AAA stuff. If you love indies and Japanese games, the Vita is exploding with awesome titles right now.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

WebHead
Ralizah

Vita is only dead if you care about AAA stuff. If you love indies and Japanese games, the Vita is exploding with awesome titles right now.

And that is true I guess. PS Vita is the best place to play Indie titles as well as PS1 Classics on the go.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Scollurio

Interesting conversation indeed, but if you take the 3DS into account, you have to notice something. It's also really quite around the 3DS. Yes I mean there's some solid first party stuff that already has released and also some more on the horizon, which might not be the case for the Vita, but compared to the times of the original gameboy or the gameboy advance, releases have been really slow on the 3DS too. I really think that's the casual iPad and smartphone gaming market cutting into their sales. I never thought this would become a big problem, because I personally can't see the appeal of buttonless tablet gaming, but there you go. Industry serves what the masses demand, and the "masses" are not known for their collective intellect or great taste since the invention of... people. I guess.

This is a true shame really, as I enjoy some handheld gaming and just now that handheld gaming was really lifting off in the department of online connectivity and worldwide multiplayer, it seems like it's dying. Heck my 3DS and Vita "Lanparties" I had 2 years ago were the best things happening to me in gaming for a very long time. Playing on a console, alone in your room, with some strangers around the globe just isn't the same as getting together for a handheld lanparty!

*sigh*

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Tasuki

Now that's just silly saying that the reason for declining handheld sales are because of smartphones.  Honestly who buys a phone to play games on? People buy phones for phone and texting, I never heard someone say oh I bought an iPhone so I can play Angry Birds.

You might as well say that console says are down cause of PCs.  People who play games like Candy Crush or Angry Birds on there phones are not typical gamers and have no interest in Vitas or 3ds.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ZeD
get2sammyb
Ralizah

I think that's spot on. I will add that Vita is my most played platform at the moment.

I am going through a phase of going through my Vita backlog (thanks you PS+ and sales) and trying to get as many 100% as possible!

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

mr_snout

Tasuki wrote:

Now that's just silly saying that the reason for declining handheld sales are because of smartphones. Honestly who buys a phone to play games on? People buy phones for phone and texting, I never heard someone say oh I bought an iPhone so I can play Angry Birds.

You might as well say that console says are down cause of PCs. People who play games like Candy Crush or Angry Birds on there phones are not typical gamers and have no interest in Vitas or 3ds.

I don't think it's completely inaccurate to say this. Most people buy a phone or a tablet for other purposes- true. But when they see that they can play games for 99 cents to $5 or $10 at most, I think most people don't see the need for another device. I was kind of in this category- four years ago, I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I was fine with the games that it had at the time. But then on an impulse about 9 months later, I got a Wii U. I had such a good time- and read about people loving their 3ds so much that a few months after that, I took the plunge and got a 3ds.

Fast forward to now- I recently caved in and got a Vita. I saw that Amazon had them for $169 with Borderlands. I thought about it for a few days- and then when I checked back, it went back up to $187. BUT, I didn't have to pay taxes. The deal for $169 ended up to be $184 after taxes, so I thought I'd check it out.

Anyway, I'm the exception. Even tho these are my first handhelds in over a decade, I did own a Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and an Atari Lynx- and always generally thought that portable systems were cool. You need to have that mindset to even consider getting one these days- plus, I think you need to enjoy some real games on a real system, then play the crap you get on a phone/tablet to really appreciate what either system offers.

mr_snout

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.