Forums

Topic: US Borderlands 2 Vita players impression...

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Enobmah_Shards

Anyone in US got the bundle and the voucher code that came with it? I need some impressions on how the game runs.                   

Thanks in advance!

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

rastamadeus

Heard the Trophies have the same set as the PS3 version so if you've already got the Platinum you get no trophies. That true? I'm quite happy with that, just wanting any excuse to play through the game again, but the missus wants to have it and Platinum it herself seeing as I did the PS3 version.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

JaxonH

I already had a Vita, but bought Borderlands 2 with the 6 DLC packs that came with it. I've been having this crazy love/hate relationship with it, and I'll explain what I mean by that.

The game itself is awesome. Great game, solid as they come. Just amazing. The game ON VITA, however, does it no justice. You must use both the left and right sides of the rear touchpad due to lack of buttons, and the left and right sides of the OLED screen as well. I'm CONSTANTLY accidentally brushing my thumb against the screen and throw grenades, and end up killing myself by it. Same problem I experienced in Killzone. The analogues are just too close to the edge of the screen, conversely, the window of the screen which registers the action could have been edged over a bit to give some room as well. VERY FRUSTRATING. The rear toucpad though is the real offender. My fingers are always just barely, BARELY making contact with the rear touchpad, causing her to melee and yell, which gets frustrating as well. I tried holding my fingers ON the touchpad and just lifting up and tapping, but for some reason the electrocurrent isn't perfect, and the action will still spontaneously occur when I don't want it to.

There's just no getting around it- the controls suck HARD. The touchpad and touchscreen just don't work as intended on the Vita. If they made the window of registered contact smaller and placed over from the edges perhaps this issue could have been avoided, but they didn't. The WHOLE THING will register, even to the very edge (which is basically the entire back of the Vita where your fingers are)

As for the game itself, it's impressive seeing this game run on Vita at all. With that said, it DOES have framerate issues, serious pop-in textures at times- even while on the main menu, the main character's eyes were missing for a good 10 seconds before the textures loaded in properly.

Even with all that, I can't stop playing the game. I'm constantly getting frustrated and dealing with the issues at hand, but, the game is so good that I'm willing to put up with it. Considering the library of the Vita at the moment, I'd have to recommend buying this game, UNLESS you can get it on console. If you have a PS3 PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't subject yourself to this version. It's about as offensive as they come. But, if you no longer have a means to play this game on a console/PC, or really must have this game for travel play, then yes I'd recommend it.

It's just such a great game, implemented so poorly. The Vita just doesn't have enough buttons for a game like this, and the touchpad and touchscreen causes more problems than they solve. But again, the developer COULD have tweaked the window of the pad and screen that registers the action by scooting them over a little and giving some breathing room on the edges. It's a shame something so trivial can affect the experience so negatively. But it does.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

ObviouslyAdachi

I disagree. I have big hands and not once have I accidentally hit the rear touch pad. You just position your fingertips in the dips on the back of the vita and your problem is solved. Or you can just let your fingers hang and grip the vita with your palms. Either way, no big deal. As for the graphics, there are only popins when you first load the map and try to turn really fast. And the only framerate drops occur when you turn too fast. That's it. It's a great game and the controls aren't one-hundredth as bad as people say.

ObviouslyAdachi

PSN: Sol_Schitea

Enobmah_Shards

Thanks for your input guys! Even with the mentioned issues of the game, I'm still having a blast with it!

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

JaxonH
ObviouslyAdachi

I disagree. I have big hands and not once have I accidentally hit the rear touch pad. You just position your fingertips in the dips on the back of the vita and your problem is solved. Or you can just let your fingers hang and grip the vita with your palms. Either way, no big deal. As for the graphics, there are only popins when you first load the map and try to turn really fast. And the only framerate drops occur when you turn too fast. That's it. It's a great game and the controls aren't one-hundredth as bad as people say.

Well, they are for me. I've learned to mitigate the issues for the most part just from playing a few hours, but the way you describe holding it just doesn't work for me. If I put my fingers in the dips, it's awkward for one, but also it's hard to extend a finger to the touchpad real fast and retract again. When I let my fingers hang, again it's awkward, but also my fingers naturally start curving back toward my hand when in a resting position, and all it takes is the ever-so-slightest contact to trigger the touchpad. Again, I've learned to mitigate the issue for the most part just from playing it enough- I have to hold it a very specific way for my fingers to hang out and not retract back to the touchpad. But it's still awkward.

You might be right about the pop-ins. But as for the framerate, it drops non-stop during action when I play. It stutters and catches up really fast. Whether from turning fast, I don't know. But I know I shouldn't have to NOT turn fast just to avoid framerate issues. Also, the analogues being too close to the touchscreen is a real issue for me as well. They're so tiny and slippery that my thumbs will sometimes slip off center a bit, and if it happens when I'm pushing the direction that's toward the touchscreen, usually it ends up in throwing a grenade or whatever action is assigned.

But I'm glad you're enjoying it. I am too. Make no mistake, I AM enjoying it. But the problems are very real for me. If they weren't that big an issue, I wouldn't have been that upset about them. I don't count framerates or bicker about trivial issues. In fact, I rarely have any complaints with games at all. So when I voice a concern, you already KNOW it's substantial. And I'd be very surprised if I was the only one.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

Punished_Boss_84

I am not a US player, but a UK one so deal with it!

I just have B2 delivered today. But other than the intro video being fussy, no complaints about controls. I'm not fussy about that, but it is odd. Thats just an hour or so gameplay. One problem is memory constraints for the DLC, would have been better if installed on the card.

Edit: Those frame drops are noticeable and coming from me thats something!

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

Enobmah_Shards
Punished_Boss

I am not a US player, but a UK one so deal with it!

I just have B2 delivered today. But other than the intro video being fussy, no complaints about controls. I'm not fussy about that, but it is odd. Thats just an hour or so gameplay. One problem is memory constraints for the DLC, would have been better if installed on the card.

Edit: Those frame drops are noticeable and coming from me thats something!

I most certainly agree!

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.