Forums

Topic: Burn-In on PS Vita 1000 model

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

20thPaul

Has this been an issue for anyone? I'm planning on getting a vita soon and I'm debating between which model I should get. I've heard this is a problem on the original model; I'm wondering how much of a problem it is.

Edited on by 20thPaul

I love rpgs and platformers the most... racing games are good too!
I have a black dsi and a blue 3DS. :D
"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."
3DS friend code: 3695 0029 5257

Madd_Hatter401

I have had mine since release and haven't had any problems. I don't know much about the newer model but I do know the screen on the current model I OLED which is better then the upcoming models LCD.

Madd_hatter401 Proud owner of: PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Xbox one, Xbox 360, 3DS, Nintendo 64, Gameboy advance, Sega, and Sega Nomad.

PSN: Madd_hatter401 | Twitter:

Epic

Even thought I dont have a Vita myself, I heard that alot of people prefers the original vita.
And yeah never heard any problems related to that
Here's an article of this site talking about the matter:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/01/ … e_original

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

KALofKRYPTON

No problem here.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

20thPaul

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking I might get the 1000 model unless I find a good bundle on the slim. I'm just not sure about the lifespans of oled screens vs. lcd.

Edited on by 20thPaul

"Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out, but rather to see who will take the time to break them down."

XavandSo
20thPaul

I'm just not sure about the lifespans of oled screens vs. lcd.

I was thinking about this earlier today. OLEDs are known not to last very long, so if you want to play your Vita in 10, 20 years time, I'd recommend the 2000 model*. LCDs last quite along time.

*Unless the Vita 1000's OLED defies earlier precedent.

Daily schedule:
Eat, work, make love to my beloved Pokémon LE N64, play EarthBound, repeat.

italodance

Get the new model and ignore all reviews,new model has better battery life and low weight.

PS VITA Lover!

20thPaul

Yeah I'm thinking of getting the Boarderlands bundle next week.

MadchesterManc
20thPaul

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking I might get the 1000 model unless I find a good bundle on the slim. I'm just not sure about the lifespans of oled screens vs. lcd.

As @XavandSo mentioned, OLED screens at the moment don't tend to last too long compared to LCD.The more the OLED has to output 'white' especially, the faster the quality of the screen will deteriarate. It'll take a few years at least, but it will eventually happen.

The original Vita doesn't seem to suffer burn in, but there is another screen issue that crops up referred to as the 'mura' effect. At some point the screen may develop 'blotches' or 'spots' on black loading screens. It seems to be an issue inherant with the the technology rather than the Vita itself as its an issue on Samsung gadgets etc that use OLED. It could look a little like this:

img_4efca375010d3.jpg

My Vita has this issue unfortunately. A large blotch running down the left side & a few spots on the right. Considering I have a protective case for my Vita etc Its definetly not a due to misuse. You'll only notice it when playing in low light and the Vita is displaying a black screen ie Loading screens in particular and doesn't effect the Vita for the most part though.

Im guessing this may be what you've heard of before.

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Squiggle55
MadchesterManc
20thPaul

As @XavandSo mentioned, OLED screens at the moment don't tend to last too long compared to LCD.The more the OLED has to output 'white' especially, the faster the quality of the screen will deteriarate. It'll take a few years at least, but it will eventually happen.

The original Vita doesn't seem to suffer burn in, but there is another screen issue that crops up referred to as the 'mura' effect. At some point the screen may develop 'blotches' or 'spots' on black loading screens. It seems to be an issue inherant with the the technology rather than the Vita itself as its an issue on Samsung gadgets etc that use OLED. It could look a little like this:

http://img.psx-sense.nl/images/file/img … 5010d3.jpg

My Vita has this issue unfortunately. A large blotch running down the left side & a few spots on the right. Considering I have a protective case for my Vita etc Its definetly not a due to misuse. You'll only notice it when playing in low light and the Vita is displaying a black screen ie Loading screens in particular and doesn't effect the Vita for the most part though.

Im guessing this may be what you've heard of before.

My Vita has those too. Noticeable on black screens/loading screens when playing in low light. Very noticeable. I considered returning it and trying my luck with a different one, but I heard it was really very common and more than likely I'd just have splotches in a different pattern.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.