Forums

Topic: Remote Play help

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

rastamadeus

First of all, **** you Remote Play. Utter, utter garbage.

Right, as you may have worked out I'm having a problem with Remote Play on the PS4. The soon-to-be-missus and I have been trying to play Lego Hobbit together but as we only have one pad (£60? No chance!) we remembered we could use the Vita as a second pad. Problem is that's it's absolute crap. Won't go longer than two minutes without the Vita disconnecting from the PS4. Read online if you delete your wifi setting off the Vita - so there's no chance it will connect to it - then it works perfectly but when we tried that last night it kept disconnecting after no more than ten seconds each time. It's, frankly, pathetic.

So what's going wrong and how can we get at least a level, a single level, done without having to reconnect the Vita? Even that would be a start!

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

tesi8

I only tried once with Assasin's Creed, but it worked great for about the hour I used it.

tesi8

Twitter:

Ginkgo

If you have a home WIFI, connect through that rather than directly with the PS4. I found it much more stable that way.

There is a setting on the PS4, about allowing the Vita to connect directly. Turn that off, i.e. don't tick it. The direct PS4 connection didn't seem to have much range and was flaky. My home WIFI worked much better. I also wonder if they interfere with each other.

If you need more direction than that let me know and I will send screen shots etc.

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

KALofKRYPTON

Only time I've experienced any issues with Remote Play (either direct PS4 connection or home WiFi connection) is when I've already got a large download running on the PS4.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ztpayne7

Remote play has worked pretty good for me - actually much better recently than during launch. I use Wi-Fi. The only time I have problems is when I go into a room and shut the door - my router isn't that strong.  It's still playable, there's just lag sometimes.

ztpayne7

rastamadeus

It's still not working for us at all, no matter what we do. Gonna try it one more time tonight and then just give up.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

NathanUC
rastamadeus

It's still not working for us at all, no matter what we do. Gonna try it one more time tonight and then just give up.

If you're having issues maintaining a direct connection, maybe you should try going through your router instead. Is your PS4 connected to your home network via wireless or wired? If you're using wireless, use an app like Wifi Analyzer on your phone (if you can) to make sure you're not trying to connect on an already very crowded wifi band. From what little information I have from you, it seems like you're running into some serious interference or faulty devices (either the PS4 or Vita) because this is NOT normal remote play behavior. I use it daily and only get disconnected every few hours when tethered to my cell phone miles away from my PS4.

Back when the 'cross controller' patch came out for LBP2 on PS3, I had similar issues where it would disconnect every couple of minutes as well. It's a different situation, but the cause was my router.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.