Forums

Topic: PS Vita Shoulder Buttons

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

get2sammyb

So, the Dead Nation review got me thinking about this, but I didn't want to de-rail that thread. Does anyone else have an issue with their L and R buttons on the Vita? I love my console, but I'm almost scared to use it sometimes, because they feel so flimsy and loose. I'm pretty sure they've been like this since launch, but I always wonder whether I got a faulty console, and always forget to test them out on other systems to see if they're the same.

Sometimes in games that require acceleration or running, I push down the R button and it'll work, then stop working, then start working again. I'm not sure whether Gravity Rush accentuated the problem, or whether it's just supposed to be like this and I should stop worrying about it. It's definitely the one problem I have with the hardware, though. (Apart from the hard to press Start and Select buttons.)

EDIT: I should clarify, I'm talking about the original model, not the slim.

Punished_Boss_84

Start & Select buttons are most definitely a problem (remedied in the slim). The shoulder buttons? No? Not yet anyways. Slippery? Yes.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

ShogunRok

They are a bit flimsy, but I've had no problems during gameplay. I have wondered whether they're supposed to be as wobbly as they are, though.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

Are... You two are still talking about PS Vita right?

I've just had a mental image.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

Jazzer94
get2sammyb
ShogunRok

They are a bit flimsy, but I've had no problems during gameplay. I have wondered whether they're supposed to be as wobbly as they are, though.

Can you push yours back and forth and they rock?

They are a bit wriggly (both left to right and back and forth) but have never stopped working for me though I've only had mine for 4 months.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

ShogunRok
get2sammyb
ShogunRok

Can you push yours back and forth and they rock?

I can, yes. Not to any huge degree, but they definitely seem like they're balanced on a middle point.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

get2sammyb

Hmm, it sounds like mine are maybe a little bit more flimsy than other people's, however, apparently other people have had the problem I've had where it temporarily stops detecting a button push. I don't know why they didn't stick with the clicky PSP shoulder buttons - I must preferred those.

Thanks for the responses.

ztpayne7

I don't even use the vita buttons. I have that trigger grip thing, which to me makes the vita feel more comfortable overall.  The triggers do get difficult for quick pushing games sometimes...but moreso for remote play.

ztpayne7

Scollurio

Did you have some hand-on with the new model already? Any changes to the triggers?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.