Forums

Topic: The thing about... Toukiden: Age of Demons

Posts 21 to 22 of 22

Scollurio
Reverandjames

I've been toying with idea to pick up this game since payday, and have come to the conclusion, that I can't leave P4G unfinished. I can't have to huge RPG's on the go at once, that said, I don't want to wait until the multiplayer activity has dried up completely.

As a gamer who has never played monster hunter, but loves RPG's (weird, I know), would any of you recommend this game?

I got 30+ hours in it already, not slowing down and still plenty of stuff to do. I do enjoy it and I also love Monster Hunter, they can easily co-exist. When you mentioned "huge RPG" - Toukiden is not exactly what you'd expect to be a "huge RPG". Sobery summed up it's a long grindfest that plays a lot like Dynasty Warriors with some RPG-elements trickled over it. I still really enjoy it and would personally rate it a 8.5 or something along that.

You will be fighting, a lot. conversations and (the nicely done) cutscenes are not really adding too much of depth (still more than in Monster Hunter though). But please don't expect something like Persona or Tales. Its light on story, heavy on fighting with lots of repetition, but the controls are spot on and its mad fun whacking away, combining fallen warriors souls to imbue your weapons with special skills and abilities. Also armor and weapon-crafting is really nicely done and accessible! If that is what you're looking for, I can wholeheartedly recommend it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

JaxonH

Just bought this game, haven't played it yet though. Thanks for the detailed review of the game- very well done, and I've got a much better understanding of what to expect now. I'm a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate vet (600+ hours), but I never had the problems the OP had with the game because I played it mostly on Wii U. When I did transfer my save to 3DS for on the go play, I used the Circle Pad Pro- I don't know how anyone manages to play a game like MH without it.

Sounds fun, I'll get to it soon I'm sure...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.