Forums

Topic: The left Analoge stick on my Vita isn't working right.

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Jaz007

The left analog stick on my Vita is always acting like it's being pushed right, pushing left does nothing, it does respond to up and down, but it still has the problem then. I think it worked once since this started and then hasn't worked since. I tried tracing a circle with the analog stick like the trouble shooting suggested (multiple times), but it did nothing. I even tried doing a system restore on my Vita, but that didn't work either.
I've had my Vita for a bit over a year now. I've taken good care of it. I might have a dropped a few times months ago, but recently I've only dropped it from waist height on mostly carpet a few times. I've never dropped it on pavement or anything like that though. I'm not sure if the problems related to that though, it could just be from being used or a freak accident where something broke inside. I haven't used my Vita in excess either.
Does anyone know any ways to fix this problem, and if I do have to send it in to Sony, does anyone have any idea how much it will cost?

Jaz007

Axel210

It sounds like a physical issue to be honest if you have tried all those steps. I wouldn't be too sure of costs to repair it but, you could always just call Sony Tech and ask, they were helpful when my PS3 broke, no-one can give you better advice than them I think.

Sorry I can't be of more help myself. I hate to hear of a fellow gamer in pain.

Axel210

Victor_Meldrew

Sounds pretty broken. Probably just needs nudging around if you're brave enough to open it up. My left analogue stick on the dualshock 4 started falling apart a few weeks after I got my ps4, its so bad now that the rubber is completely split and my thumb slips off. Ive emailed Sony today funnily enough. I would just buy replacement thumb grips but I'm not sure which are any good, may ask that very question on the ps4 forum.

Victor_Meldrew

Enobmah_Shards
RyoHazuki

Sounds pretty broken. Probably just needs nudging around if you're brave enough to open it up. My left analogue stick on the dualshock 4 started falling apart a few weeks after I got my ps4, its so bad now that the rubber is completely split and my thumb slips off. Ive emailed Sony today funnily enough. I would just buy replacement thumb grips but I'm not sure which are any good, may ask that very question on the ps4 forum.

Heyy ryo! I think I saw you on miiverse and you yeahed one of my posts. Is that you and your mii "Ryo Hazuki"?

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards
RyoHazuki

Sorry, no idea?

What do you mean by that? Don't you have a Wii U? o.o

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Scollurio

Thats because its the LEFT one...

so it won't work RIGHT...

sorry, im not helpful,
I'll show myself to the door...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

Sounds like the previous drops and subsequent use is the cause. Check out this video. Looks like it'll be a lot cheaper to fix it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDX4uMr … ata_player

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Squiggle55

Yeah you make it sound like you've actually dropped it quite a bit, being able to break your drops into different categories of types of drops.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.