Forums

Topic: ADVICE: Should I get a vita

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

SethPuddle

I am thoroughly convinced. the vita has one loyal fanbase to be sure. @Sanquine. I've never played a persona game before, will it hinder me in anyway or can I jump right into persona 4?

SethPuddle

PSN: Sunny_Shores

Squiggle55
turtlelink
Unca_Lz

Vita is good for some indie titles and niche support like JRPGs

Yea pretty much this and if you'd like to prefer PS3 games on a portable device.

Good point. Lots of PSN games come to both PS3 and Vita now, and usually I want them on my Vita.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Jazzer94
Unca_Lz

Vita is good for some indie titles and niche support like JRPGs

Also fighting games.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

irken004

getting a vita with a big memory card and PS+ would set you up pretty well.

SethPuddle

is there a bundle for the vita with a big memory card by chance?

SethPuddle

PSN: Sunny_Shores

Weskerb

I've not enjoyed big budget releases as much as I hoped to, but I've enjoyed indie and smaller games much more than I expected to. Games like Spelunky, Monsters HD and Limbo are really good. Better than the PS3 versions IMO. On the other hand, those main franchises like Resistance, KillZone and Assassins are not worth it IMO. Uncharted is good though. Remote play on PS4 is fine, crappy on PS3 same like PSP.

Weskerb

moomoo
SunnyShores

is there a bundle for the vita with a big memory card by chance?

Not that I can find, at least in the U.S. That upcoming Borderlands 2 bundle looks like a good starting point, especially if you never owned a PSP, since you won't be transferring a huge backlog to your system. The 8 gigs will fill up fast with PS Plus alone, but it'll do the job for a little while.
There was a sale on memory cards on Black Friday, but that's gone, and Sony really seems to want to keep those memory card prices up.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

jmburks

if you can stand the price the vita is awesome! i forked over a hundred bucks for the 64gb memory card and i went all digital with my games and it's perfect. I have tons of games to play at a instant with out having to carry around a bunch of game cards. IMO there are plenty of games to play. I have been playing Rainbow moon which is a rpg and then Olliolli the skateboarding game and between the two i'm pushing 100 hours. love them and i still have about ten games on my back log. if you get PS+ you will get a ton of free games and discounts on others. the only down fall to me is the memory card price, otherwise it's a awesome device!

Own: PS4 and PS Vita
PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-
Call of duty Ghosts....PS4
OlliOlli and Rainbow Moon...PS Vita

PSN: XTheMinisterX

Jaz007

Considering the impressions there are already are, you also might want to look into getting a OlED normal model before it gets discontinued and taken over by the slim model.

Jaz007

moomoo

I think it's worth mentioning that there are tons of sales on this thing. Unlike the 3DS, games are available for less all of the time on the Vita, with even deeper discounts if you have PS Plus. So if you want to play lots of games, but don't care what they are as long as they're good, the value you'll get out of this game system is pretty big.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

Squiggle55
moomoo

I think it's worth mentioning that there are tons of sales on this thing. Unlike the 3DS, games are available for less all of the time on the Vita, with even deeper discounts if you have PS Plus. So if you want to play lots of games, but don't care what they are as long as they're good, the value you'll get out of this game system is pretty big.

That's true. I'm buying games on PSN so much more often than the eShop because of the ecosystem (store, blog, etc.), sales and PS+. Wake up, Nintendo!

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Jairo_MC

@SunnyShores
I also have not played any Persona games before and I can tell you that you can jump straight to Persona 4 as each story is independet with only a few cameos from past games but they don't hinder or further your understanding of the story. I've said it before and for me Persona 4 Golden is still the best game on the Vita.
Gravity Rush is great IMO and I enjoyed Tearaway a lot, but I didn't love it so much as i want to play it again, which was the feeling I had with Persona 4 and Gravity Rush.
Other than that, you can expect a LOT of ports from PS2/PS3 games and some indies. A lot of big games from Sony got games on the Vita, but they're not as good as the PS3 ones.
The store is good but I don't buy from it anymore because even though I have a 16GB memory card it's almost full so I'm going all physical for the time being.

Jairo_MC

PSN: Jairo_MC | Twitter:

Scollurio
Toddler_Naruto

@SunnyShores: I'd recommend grabbing a 3DS myself, there's not much you can get for PSVita that you couldn't play on a PS3 or PS4 instead.

I'm personally not gonna bother buying a PSVita until 2015 or 2016 at the earliest.

I've had a 3DS a long time before I got a Vita, played everything I liked there but eventually ended up buying the Vita and since then, the 3DS is collecting dust really. I guess its a pure matter of preference in games, I can find plenty on Vita to enjoy and if you'Re into retro games, the library of psone classics and psp games on Vita is far superior to anything from the NES and gameboy color/gamegear era you can find on the 3DS from a technical point of view. Sure if you're into Zelda and the Mario classics, a 3DS it is!

I guess they can both coexist easily, depending on your taste in games!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

charlesnarles

Its always gonna be expensive to get a new system, but I think its been worth all the funding I put into mine. 32 has been more than enough to have every game I actually want to play at the same time. A 3DS with Circle Pad Pro is pretty comparable to a Vita button-wise, but the screen honestly hurts my eyes to use in 3-d (24y/o) and has poor, fuzzy resolution compared to Vita's OLED, which are intentionally easy on the eyes. PSP games get smoothed-out and can be told to map the right analog stick as whatever you need, so you can use it for MHFU (d-pad) and MGSPW (face buttons), and even map the screen's corners as any button. Its unique and fun to play the different games using sixaxis, the touchpad/screen, the mic and the cameras. It kinda sucks to use the back pad's corners as L/R2/3, but you get used to it after a while. Vita games make great use of the interface, like "pinching" your character by touching front/back pads. I bought mine thinking forward to when they've refined the formula for control schemes, which is coming faster than I expected. Grab an OLED fatty before they're all gone forever!

Edited on by charlesnarles

"Oh yeah? How 'bout I slap you and kill you?" - Curtis Ackers, SH: Homecoming

PSN: charlesnarles

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.