Forums

Topic: Best RPG games for the vita

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

jmburks

So until recently i had never played a RPG game before besides Pokemon on my gameboy back in the day. I decided to pick up Rainbow Moon for my vita because it was cheap and had a good review and i figured what the heck. I got to say, i love this game. its super addicting. I love the customization it has when it comes to upgrading your charecters and i enjoy the battles. For some reason i really like the graphics too. It's only 2D but i think that makes it better. I pretty much just love everything about this game. I dont really have any complaints. My question is, what are some other good RPG games that are similar to this one? I'm hooked on the ganre now and want to try out some others.

Own: PS4 and PS Vita
PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-
Call of duty Ghosts....PS4
OlliOlli and Rainbow Moon...PS Vita

PSN: XTheMinisterX

Sanquine
jmburks

So until recently i had never played a RPG game before besides Pokemon on my gameboy back in the day. I decided to pick up Rainbow Moon for my vita because it was cheap and had a good review and i figured what the heck. I got to say, i love this game. its super addicting. I love the customization it has when it comes to upgrading your charecters and i enjoy the battles. For some reason i really like the graphics too. It's only 2D but i think that makes it better. I pretty much just love everything about this game. I dont really have any complaints. My question is, what are some other good RPG games that are similar to this one? I'm hooked on the ganre now and want to try out some others.

Disgaea 3 absense of detention

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Sanquine
JMC

For me the best RPG on the Vita is Persona 4 Golden by far

This!

PSNid= Sanquine90

Victor_Meldrew
Sanquine
JMC

For me the best RPG on the Vita is Persona 4 Golden by far

This!

You can't change your mind? I've yet to get into an RPG on my vita thus far. Working my way through the beat em up, shoot em up n stealth em ups first.

Victor_Meldrew

Jairo_MC

Well, I only got Persona 4 Golden and Ys: Memories of Celceta on my Vita. All the other RPGs I have are PSOne Classics or PSP games, so I play them on my PSP. However, Persona 4 Golden is not only the best RPG on the Vita, it's the best game of the system, in my opinion. I has a fantastic story, great gameplay and I couldn't put it down until I played it to the end. I'm already on my second playtrough and I'm loving it all over again. Vita has a lot of good games, such as Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes, Uncharted and all the great fighting games, but for me Persona 4 is the best by far.

Jairo_MC

PSN: Jairo_MC | Twitter:

MrBert

Persona 4 Golden! I've just finished it last weekend, and I have to say it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The story is awesome and the characters are very funny and real, which makes it easy to connect to the game and spend a lot of time in it. It may start a little slow, but once you get the hang of it, it's a true masterpiece. The handheld format only makes things easier, and for a Pokemon fan like yourself, I think the whole concept of using the personas in battle and fusing them to create stronger ones is a must.

PSN: junior_bertolla

PSN: junior_bertolla

moomoo

Persona 4 Golden is easily the best RPG on the system, no contest. Ys: Memories of Celceta is a really good action RPG, too. Disgaea 3 is more Disgaea.

I don't know if any of them are particularly similar, though. Haven't played Rainbow Moon yet.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that there are a ton of fantastic RPGs on PSP that you can play on the Vita.

EDIT: So I looked at some footage at Rainbow Moon, and I think that the Disgaea series is right up your ally. You can buy 1 and 2 as PSP games, and 3 is for the Vita (and more expensive). They're all really fun, and really hard. I have a feeling they aren't as newbie friendly as Rainbow Moon looks to be. Still, I was able to get into them without much experience with SRPGs.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

Gemuarto

Persona 4: The Golden is medicore, if you ask me. Can't make myself to finish it for 5 month already. Persona 3 was much better. And Persona 4 is too pop and casual, with pretty generic heroes and slow predictable story. Glad I bought it for 20$, it's worth 20$, one way or another.

I think that Rainbow Moon is better than Persona 4... =(. I really enjoyed it more, and couldn't stop playing untill platinum.

Gemuarto

jmburks
Gemuarto

Persona 4: The Golden is medicore, if you ask me. Can't make myself to finish it for 5 month already. Persona 3 was much better. And Persona 4 is too pop and casual, with pretty generic heroes and slow predictable story. Glad I bought it for 20$, it's worth 20$, one way or another.

I think that Rainbow Moon is better than Persona 4... =(. I really enjoyed it more, and couldn't stop playing untill platinum.

I love Rainbow moon. I cant stop playing it either. i dont know if i can go platinum though. i would have to level my charecter to 500. lots of grinding!

PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-

jmburks

Thanks for all the replies i definitely have some games to check out now!

PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-

Sanquine
Gemuarto

Overreacting, Persona 3 is indeed better than 4 but worth 20 bucks? You are out of your mind.

PSNid= Sanquine90

Jairo_MC

@Gemuarto
For me Persona 4 Golden is better than Persona 3 even if it is by a little. Persona 3 story moved way slower than 4. There is only one thing happening per month to move the story forward (destroy the Shadow on the full moon) and only after that it gets really good which took a loooong time.
The social links are a lot weaker, in my opinion, and I didn't like that I couldn't form social links with all of the members of my party, but just the ladies and all of those evolved into romantic ones, without the option to be friends as there is with Persona 4.
The battle system is the same, so there's nothing to complain but the exploration of Tartarus was awful as it was always the same floors changing from time to time. Dungeon exploration in Persona 4 is done so much better because they are always thematic with different layouts and music.
The music on both games are great.
The only thing that Persona 3 did a lit bit better than 4 was the ending as it was completely unexpected and brought the whole theme of Death together and made the story feel complete. However, I do think that all the characters got a better resolution at the end of Persona 4 than the characters of Persona 3. This may be because of the theme of the game, but I enjoyed myself a lot more with Persona 4.
Persona 4 also has a personal advantage over 3 for me as it was the first Persona game I ever played. After I finished 4 I donwloaded Persona 3 Portable and beat it and with the recent sale of Persona games I got the 3 remaining PSP games and Persona 3 FES, which is a better than P3P considering its presentation.
All of this is my personal opinion though, as I just wanted to explain why I liked Persona 4 more than 3.

Edited on by Jairo_MC

Jairo_MC

PSN: Jairo_MC | Twitter:

Gemuarto
Sanquine
Gemuarto

Overreacting, Persona 3 is indeed better than 4 but worth 20 bucks? You are out of your mind.

Man, what's up? I don't know what is Persona 4: The Golden price in retail, now. But you can buy it for 20$ in US PSN, at the moment.

Gemuarto

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.