Forums

Topic: Whats up with PS Allstars?

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Scollurio

I read everywhere that the game is dead but all the things I read about the game itself makes me wanna buy it. Anyone can help me out with advice? Whats wrong with it?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

irken004

People expected it to be a Smash Bros clone and the scoring system isn't the same as it is in smash bros. Lots of people fought over the character choices too, but overall it's a fun game. You can find it really cheap nowadays. There's always people to fight with online too from what I've played lately.

Epic

I played a bit with a friend today, its really a good game but it failed in alot of aspects.
-Wierd menus
-Balance issues
-Stale images used as cutscenes
-Generic/bad single player content.
-1vs1 Feels wrong.

If you can ignore all the problems above and focus on the combo system and gameplay you are going to end having a blast.
This comes from a lifelong Smash Bros Fan that was played the Open Beta like there was no tomorrow and ended up getting it after few months.

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

Scollurio

Thanks for the advice, I do know its not 1:1 smash bros and the scoring system is "the other way round" but actually thats something I find intriguing rather than irritating. Hmm. Maybe I should really give it a try. Too bad there is no demo!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

JaxonH
Scollurio

I read everywhere that the game is dead but all the things I read about the game itself makes me wanna buy it. Anyone can help me out with advice? Whats wrong with it?

In my humble opinion, the game is great for the price you can get it nowadays. Make no mistake, it's not nearly as good a game as Smash Bros is. It's the little things ya know? But it's still a decent game, and for less than $20 you can't go too wrong. Me personally, I'd rather play Smash Bros Melee or Brawl but hey, it's a good alternative. One of the major reasons the game isn't as appealing is the poor character selection. I mean, they tried, but the characters just aren't as renowned and beloved as the Smash Bros roster. The biggest upset about the game is unbalanced characters, but if you're just playing more casually then it probably won't be a big deal for you.

Again, I love Smash Bros and am absolutely stoked for the new one hitting Wii U/3DS, but this game on the Vita is a decent substitute. As of right now, there is no Smash Bros on a handheld (not yet, anyways), so clearly this is the best option right now if you really want to scratch that itch.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.