Forums

Topic: How to i transfer games between memory cards?

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

jmburks

So i buy all my games via the PS store. I made the mistake of buying a 8GB memory card and soon realized that it was not going to cut it. i can only save about 4 games on the card when i own a lot more. so i have to delete a game and then install a new one when i ever i want to play a different game. obviously this sucks so i'm buying a larger memory card. I wanted to know how i can get all the game data off of my old memory card and on to my new one so that way i dont have to change out memory cards if i want to play a game that is on my other card. I was thinking that if i saved all my save files to the cloud and then re downloaded the game on to the new memory card and then dowloaded the save file from the cloud back on to the memory card then that should work. i wanted to see if anyone has done this and if it worked. if not what is another way to trasfer files from one memory card to another?

Own: PS4 and PS Vita
PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-
Call of duty Ghosts....PS4
OlliOlli and Rainbow Moon...PS Vita

PSN: XTheMinisterX

Victor_Meldrew

I haven't done this but I can't see why it wouldn't work. I've got a 16gb memory cars which is sufficient for now.

Victor_Meldrew

KALofKRYPTON

Yep, that's how to do it.
Make sure you go in to the Live area screen for each game and ensure that you've backed it up. Delete the games then putting your new card and queue up your download list.

A similar principle applies to Card/PSN games. I recently trades my physical copy of Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed since it was on Plus. I backed up the save to the cloud (didn't delete the game data though), and downloaded the game from plus. It just seemed to install 'on top' of the physical copy data, save and progress etc all intact.

EDIT

Get a 32 card, much better than compromising on a 16, even you have to save a bit for one.
I have a 4GB 'spare' card that I chuck a bit of music or a couple of films on every now and then, it's handy.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

SuperSilverback

Whenever i got a bigger mem card i hooked my vita up to my pc. Used the content manager on vita to transfer everything to my pc, swapped mem cards and then transferred it back to vita with the bigger card. Very handy

Cryptic Metaphor!
PSN: Super-Silverback

PSN: Super-Silverback | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON
SuperSilverback

Whenever i got a bigger mem card i hooked my vita up to my pc. Used the content manager on vita to transfer everything to my pc, swapped mem cards and then transferred it back to vita with the bigger card. Very handy

Much easier if you have access to a PC actually.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

jmburks

My only questing with using a PC is will it trasfer the game itself too or just the save data? I dont have physical media for games. All my games were downloaded from the playstation store so if i'm going to have to re download the games onto the new memory card anyway then it seems like it would be easier to just use the cloud to save the save data then re download the game and then download the save data from the cloud. Then i can do it all from the Vita instead of having to use a PC. If i can trasnfer the entire game from one memory card to another using a pc then that would be great.

PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-

jmburks

Also i was considering getting the 64 GB card from Japan so that way i'll never run out of space. I live in America and it's only 20 bucks more for the 64 GB one on Amazon compared to the 32 GB

PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-

SuperSilverback

I think you can transfer the entire game via pc. Im pretty sure, was a while since i used it!

Cryptic Metaphor!
PSN: Super-Silverback

PSN: Super-Silverback | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

I would think it does transfer the game. If you can afford the 64, get the 64!

jmburks

So i tried doing it the way i mentioned in the first comment and it worked perfectly and i did not have to us a pc. Basically just saved the save data to the cloud on the ps network. downloaded the game again and then downloaded the save data and it was all there and working fine.

PSN- XTheMinisterX
Currently playing-

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.