Forums

Topic: Problems with calibration inside games

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

lostie815

Hi,

I have Playstation move since its release and i have tested the controllers (move+navigation) with success on the playstation move starter pack CD, on the Heavy Rain Move Edition and the Sport Champions. Yesterday i was just starting to play a bit more of Heavy Rain and i couldnĀ“t calibration the move controller. I've tried to put Sport Champions and do the same calibration process but with no luck, even the move controller works in the ps3 menus.

I've tried to take of the camera and put it back again, go to the PS3 move calibration feature and recalibrate it again, restore my ps3 definitions to the default but all with no success.

I've been seeing that some people are posting on youtube videos with similar problems but none of them actually got the problem solved.

Does anyone here had this kind of problem and knows howto solve it or has any suggestion on what i can do to solve this annoying issue?

PS: I also tried to call the Sony Playstation support of my country (Portugal) but the guy that took the call knew less about Playstation Move than i do (yes, they have a crappy support service)

lostie815

lostie815

I'm giving up on this. It's damn frustating trying to calibrate the move controller inside the games and don't know what's wrong with it.

Please if anyone knows a way to try to fix this issue, please help!

lostie815

Slapshot

@lostie.... I havent ever had this kind of problem at all. I played Sports Championsips for hours today and no issues whatsoever.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

PSN: crossed23 | Twitter:

lostie815

try search youtube and you'll see i'm not the only one. anyway i don't think it has to be with the game but with the controller itself cause i can't play on other games too

lostie815

James

Hey Lostie,

Sorry to hear about your issues. If it's now refusing to calibrate with any games then it sounds like the Move is faulty.

Try contacting the retailer and seeing if they'll exchange it for you - if not then contact Sony again and see if they will arrange a repair/replacement for you.

Good luck!

James

Slapshot

Yep, Im with James on this one and thought about the same thing last night. Its new hardware and its very possible to see a few problems here and there at launch.

Other than that Ive found that using the expensive brighter/clearer light bulbs makes a big difference to the standard Soft White bulbs we commonly use today. Also you can play it in the dark as the camera can see the glowing orbs great then as well.

JamieO

Like @slapshot82 says, the light can make a big difference to the PS Eye detecting the Move's controller movements. I was playing High Velocity Bowling online, but because the sun was bursting into the room and messing with the camera distinguishing the orb against the background, my controls became all messed up and I had to recalibrate it.

I sorted it by drawing the curtains, banishing that darned light and bowling like a sunlight-fearing vampire.

From what you have said it sounds like the issues with your Move set-up are not so easy to fix, sorry I can't be of more help. I hope that you are able to sort the problem out, or exchange it for a new controller.

I am passionate about retro gaming, from antiquated consoles to the continuation of classics. Obviously I love PSone, and PS2 retro games. I blast my ears to breakneck melodic punk, gruff vocals and nimble alternative guitar hooks.

Twitter:

lostie815

Hi,

I got it replaced by a new one. I just hope this doesn't happen again.

lostie815

Terraunbound

I was having the same problem and tried many combinations of lights and positions etc. Then I put on another shirt that happened to be blue (I was getting cold) and bingo! The controller suddenly worked! Could it be that easy? It's not the lighting orthe device but that it couldn't see the wand with my light tan shirt? Anyone else try this before?

Terraunbound

Slapshot

@Terranbound... I think it's reasonable to think that shirt color could in fact falter the image received by the Eyetoy. The Move orb is suppose to to change to the best color for recognition possible, but considering that is based off the background and not clothing colors, when the orb gets near the clothing it may very well cause issues. I think its very plausible!

NathanUC

I have a similar issue with one of my four controllers.

It consistently fails the calibration processes after flashing a few colors. Lighting, background colors,game are irrelevant for me sadly.

It wasn't always like this, but I found to correct it, I just need to turn it on and off MANY times (sometimes even pushing the reset button the back).

Does yours flash the red/green/blue then go white and fail too? I called Sony about it a while back and they suggested pushing the reset button which worked on the first try while on the phone. Sadly, it started failing again after I hung up.

Another aspect to note is it works 100% fine once it finally calibrates. Either way, It's not a big deal in my situation since I have 4 but rarely use them all =\

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

jneul

lol it's not hard to calibrate it in xmb, just follow the instructions, glad you got it replaced tho
however next time try the manual reset button, there is one hiding on the back of the move, it is small, so you will require something small to do it ok

Edited on by jneul

I'm a enormous move fan, supporting it since e3 09, when it had no name

2x moves 1x navi 1x charger 1xeye!!

move games i own: sports champions, eyepet, heavy rain, resident evil 5 gold, time crisis: rs, the fight, start the party, singstar dance, tumble(psn), funky lab rat(psn)

Wastedyuthe

I have a similar problem and am trying to figure out wether its just one of my 2 Move controllers thats faulty or if this is something that is usual, so perhaps you guys could answer that question.

Basically, the Move control works well in the XMB but I have a few games such as EyePet and Sports Champions that allow you to point at the menu to select, but sometimes the cursor will be all over the place- ending up at the edge of the screen most the time.  I found that quitting and restarting the game fixes it.  Last night when it happened, I also tried turning off the controller and back on, and that fixed the issue too.  A similar problem is when I am trying to calibrate with The Fight.  The part where you stretch your arms out either side of you and press the Move button, it kept telling me not to hold them upright, but i wasn't and it wouldn't work no matter what i tried until i quit the game and restarted (i'll try turning off the controller next time too).
Again, this doesn't happen all the time- say 1 in 3 or 4 times.  Which makes me wonder if it is a faulty controller or if it is a software glitch.

Does anyone else have this?

Wastedyuthe

Wastedyuthe

Calibrated using the XMB settings, eye set to blue (wide), controller fully charged, no phone/router etc close.  Not tried calling Sony yet.
Funny thing is, yesterday I played several of my Move games, and not once did it happen The day before was the first time I tried just turning the controller off and on again with the game still running (which solved the problem and was much a much quicker solution than my usual one of quitting the game and re-loading it).  I am now wondering if the problem has permanently been fixed.  More play-testing to do later, but if thats the case, this is very strange indeed.

Wastedyuthe

Wastedyuthe

Well, a bit of an update- I put The Fight back on again tonight, and once again had the problem when it told me to stretch my arms out- it was telling me not to hold the controllers upright, when i wasn't.  so i turned the one controller off and on again (the one i thought may be faulty) and this got me past that part of the calibration.  But then the next part of the calibration for the game is when you hold both controllers upright under your chin, and again it wasn't accepting, so this time I turned the other controller off and on again and managed to then successfully calibrate.  They worked perfectly afterwards.   Surely both controllers can't be faulty.

Wastedyuthe

lipnox

your PS eye could be faulty, and so could your ps3. I really suggest you report this issue to sony. I would further test using the Fight but the lack of local 2 player support in the US version of the Fight led me to spend my money elsewhere.

Same as always. All bark, and no bite!

turtlelink

Yea, sometimes I have calibration problems with Modern Combat Domination.
Sometimes it works, but sometimes it effs up and I can't find the good spot to play in.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

lipnox

ive played like *7 hours of modern combat at least and I havent had a single issue with the move controls, or Calibration. Mind you for that particular game I sit rather close to the tv probably a meter and a half (I have no clue what that means for americans)

Edited on by lipnox

Same as always. All bark, and no bite!

turtlelink

Well for m, once it works, it just works lol. But if I where to try and recalibrate it again, it may get a bit wonky and become unresponsive. :/

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Wastedyuthe

I'll try reporting my issue to Sony.  I do think its weird though that it doesn't happen all the time.  I played The Fight again today and it calibrated perfectly first time.  If i play 4 Move games in a night, it will only tend to happen once the whole night.  Some nights not happening at all.  Lighting?

Wastedyuthe

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.