Forums

Topic: The Last of Us

Posts 1 to 20 of 78

Splat

It's all most here!!!

You can Pre-Order it now off PSN and apparently there is going to be a "season pass" for $20.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/ … -detailed/

The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is available for pre-order now on PlayStation Store — only $19.99 for three DLC Packs. This is a 30% savings over the pricing of the DLC packs individually. The Season Pass will be available at your local GameStop when you pick up The Last of Us, as well. Unique to Season Pass buyers are the following Day 1 bonuses:

Day 1 Bonuses

Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Grounded – exclusive 90min "Making of The Last of Us" documentary

These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie's struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we'll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we've got more of the story to tell. The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You'll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It's an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can't wait to tell you more about it.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Epic

I don't like this kind of DLC make the game just extremely easy most of the time.

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

Splat
Epic

I don't like this kind of DLC make the game just extremely easy most of the time.

I can agree with that but "we've got more of the story to tell." has me sold. More single player could be great.

DeHorror1975

I have never been more anxious for a video game than I am for the Last of Us.

PSN - Flyboyv
Xbox Live - JesseDarko75

Gamer83

The Season Pass actually sounds pretty interesting. I'm guessing you wouldn't have to use those bonuses that make the game super easy. The single player content and making of would seem worth it. I'm really just waiting to see how the multiplayer turns out in the end, if it's good then I'll get the season pass because I know I'd end up buying all the extra content anyway and $20 isn't an outrageous asking price.

Gamer83

irken004

Well, time to upgrade my PS3 hard drive for space. Guess I'll buy digitally for the game and season pass

Splat

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/ … pdate-293/

"The game will be a Day 1 Digital download — this means you can get it at midnight on June 14th.

The digital edition features a unique download installer which will allow you to start playing the game once the game data is a little over half way downloaded."

Pretty sweet but I all ready have the retail version Pre-Ordered. I will probably go a head and get the season pass off PSN in the next few days.

Edited on by Splat

Splat

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/ … s-trophies

Trophy list for the game.

Sounds like there will be a New Game Plus mode... I'm giddy.

Edited on by Splat

Gamer83

New Game Plus is always welcome.

Gamer83

Splat

Today!!! Going to get my copy in a few hours...

This going to be me on the car ride.

s625twjpg.gif

This is going to be me after I get it.

RonSwansonTigerWoods.gif

Edited on by Splat

Gamer83

This will indeed be a great day, felt like an eternity but it's finally here.

Gamer83

Splat

Believe the hype. It really is that good.

Gamer83

Played for a good 5 or 6 hours straight. I thought the game started a little slow but once it introduced the gameplay mechanics it really picks up. I love that so far it seems you have to be pretty careful about how choose to approach each situation. This is no run 'n gunner like you can turn Uncharted into.

Gamer83

Splat

I thought the prologue was amazing. After that it did slow down a bit but I didn't really mind. I thought it was a nice way for you to be introduced to the play style. You quickly learn that this isn't Uncharted.   

You have to be very careful around clickers they don't mess around haha.

Gamer83

The clickers definitely ratchet up the tension more than I expected they would. Good job by Naughty Dog on that one.

Gamer83

Gamer83

Had another marathon session, I think I'm about halfway through now, maybe a little over. It's absolutely fantastic, I'm really enjoying the stealth and hand-to-hand combat, guns can be effective but I usually go to them as a last resort unless I'm using the rifle to pick off some enemies to make a section a little easier. Story is really enjoyable too, maybe a bit cliche in some parts but Joel and Ellie are quickly becoming two of my favorite game characters ever, they really make the narrative.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Ginkgo

Yeah, loving this. About 6 hours in. awesome game. Am playing on hard and so far it hasn't been THAT hard, only one bit has got me so far. Wondering what survival mode is like?

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

Splat
Gamer83

I'm really enjoying the stealth and hand-to-hand combat, guns can be effective but I usually go to them as a last resort.

Yeah, same here. Unless I get swarmed then I pull out my trusty shotgun. I love when Ellie helps out by throwing a rock at someone faces and then I run up and nail them with a bat or whatever I happen to have.

The relationship between Joel and Ellie and their acting/voice work is just top notch.

I recommend playing with headphones on not only does it sound awesome it helps with clickers.

I'm SOOO happy this game has New Game Plus...

JayArr
Ginkgo

Wondering what survival mode is like?

F***ING BRUTAL!   Listen mode is disengaged the entire game.   Bullets and supplies are beyond scarce.  I estimate around 1/8 as many as Normal.    (just got to first bloater and have only been able to make two med packs the entire game.   Never have more than 8 bullets on any gun)

You have to be a Survivor for real.   Scraping for every inch.........and I f***ing love it.

Edited on by JayArr

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

PSN: JR_Smitty

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.