Forums

Topic: DUST 514

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

KALofKRYPTON

Hi all,

Just wandering if any of you guys here are playing Dust 514?

I realise the game is in Beta and is likely subject to non-disclosure agreements, so I won't be asking on any particular specifics.

Since I've been playing a lot of Black Ops 2 and enjoying it I think I'd like to move over to a Sci-Fi shooter. I loved playing MAG but it takes an age to get a decent game these days.

So I just thought I'd ask if people playing would recommend it. It looks great, and it's been very much on my radar since it was announced. i can still get decent money for Black ops 2 and the sadly neglected NFS Most Wanted- so I thought I'd take a punt on the Mercenary Pack.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

NathanUC

As you mentioned, we can't say a whole lot because of the silly NDA

I would really recommend either waiting for public beta (or a PS+ closed beta) or waiting for release before purchasing the Merc Pack. It's an extremely unique game that can't really be compared to any other so it's difficult to say if you'd like it or not. I'm not completely sure what I'm allowed to say and what I'm not so I'm afraid I'll have to leave it at that

All that being said, MAG is still EASILY my favorite PvP fps since Unreal Tournament. It's possible that once this game has been refined and actually released it could take that title.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

KALofKRYPTON

HI,

I bought the Mercenary Pack anyway after selling on CoD and NFS.

It has massive, massive potential this game- still very much a beta, still plenty to sort out- but I enjoyed the 3 hours or so I threw in to it last night.

I know a couple of EVE players, one considering getting back in to it if Dust comes comes good, so I look forward to the future of the game and helping it along.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

MadchesterManc

Anyone still playing the beta for Dust514? Ive had it since it became available for PS+ users and have enjoyed seeing the game progress and develop through each subsequent update. The latest patch (V4.0 I think) ironed out the game even more but no-one on my list seems to bother with it anymore, plus my stats were reset with the last patch so Ive not played it much lately myself due to being a tad miffed. Wouldn't mind getting into Dust again so Im wondering if anyone here still ply's their trade on it

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

I jump on every now and then. The last patch has improved things somewhat, and the majority of gripes people have had (me included) with the weapons and general gunplay are resolved once you really start spending your skill points in earnest and buying better stuff.

Also, since it went open there's a much higher population, which softens the sparse but huge maps quite a lot. Still attempting to find a decent corp'. Joined one that's just a bit too hardcore/serious.

They're headed in the right direction, still needs plenty of work-but as I say- getting better.

If you fancy a game add me.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON

MadchesterManc

Im still looking for a suitable corp myself. I like the serious nature of some corps but I prefer things a little laid back so Im kinda in the middle when it comes to finding the right one. I did apply for one a couple of weeks back but there was a trail and if you passed you were a 'private' in the corps. I liked the sound of it but to advance through the ranks in the corps you had to contribute serious hours, just not able to at the moment. It has massive potential and looks to be everything a shooter fan would want but I remember MAG being the same with its huge 256 player games and command structure but silly gamers kinda didn't take to it. Ideas are always great but some people end up disliking them when they are implemented.

Ill add you on PSN when I get a chance, probably tomorrow. Ive noticed you mentioned MAG in your opening post. Still play that? I still play it from time to time, shame the numbers have dwindled though but to be honest, aside from Battlefield3, no other shooter has come close to how Id want a shooter to be like MAG has. FDunnily enough theres a lot of ex-MAG players on the Dust514 forums who are looking at Dust to be the next MAG for them. Ive been thinking the same same since CCP ran closed tests with player counts as high as 128 per game n the servers/game came through with flying colours so hopefully someday....

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

I ventured back in to MAG recently too. Still with Raven though which has always seemed to be a terrible choice compared to the SVER and Valor. Got a few good games in, takes a whiled to get in to one though, and Demolition matches are pretty much non existent with Raven unless you get on when a huge number of Japanese players are on.
The corp I'm in is run by former MAG players who as I say, are bit too hardcore and expect the kind of hours you mention.
I picked up Ace Combat on ebay today so I'll be putting a fair bit of time in to that.

Ginkgo

Downloaded it an tried (set everything up) but they take the server down for maintenance between 10-11pm (Australia time) which is my prime gaming window. Makes it very hard ,so haven't' got far.

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.