Forums

Topic: Journey

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

kevohki

Nice article.  Very interesting like you said.  I really enjoyed the game, thought it was amazing and well worth the asking price.  Great experience just like their previous game Flower but much better.  Very powerful game considering how minimal the concept is.  Incredible visuals and a totally amazing soundtrack as well.

I can see Journey as a game I'll keep going back to every now and then just to experience again in between the usual game genres I play.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

James

I really need to play this game, but I might wait until the retail collector's edition.

James

NathanUC

I'll be the first to say it here (there's a nice talk going on in the comments of a recent news article regarding this game), but I don't think Journey is as great as most others do. I can see and appreciate how that article makes sense as it's such a vague game, but that isn't how I experienced the game.

It's a well polished game with a very interesting perspective and 'story'. It definitely invokes emotion and has a bit of fun to it, but as a video game, it's hard for me to consider it a 'must have' or even worth the 14.99. After the two or three hours of gameplay, it's over and I don't see any replay value at all. Even at about 3 hours, I began to feel it was too long (to be fair though, I finished it in one sitting).

The game heavily relies on personal experience which might be why I don't hold it in such high regards as many others. When I think about the games that I consider to be emotional experiences and 'fun', I think of titles like Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and Metal Gear Solid 3&4. For me, each of these offered more emotional and fulfilling experiences than Journey.

There is nothing wrong with the game really, it is just a bit to simplistic for some individuals. I completely understand that a lot of people consider this one of the best games on the PS3 and appreciate that opinion. In a genre where 'the experience' is the entire game, there will always be split opinions and those who really enjoyed it simply had a different experience than those who didn't find much in it. It is what makes the game so great for some and mediocre for others. If anything, this fact makes me truly experience the game, but it also makes it hard for me to recommend or consider a worthy use of ones money.

Only way to know is to play it yourself. It's a lot of fun to talk about though!

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Blaze
nathanuc1988

I'll be the first to say it here (there's a nice talk going on in the comments of a recent news article regarding this game), but I don't think Journey is as great as most others do. I can see and appreciate how that article makes sense as it's such a vague game, but that isn't how I experienced the game.

It's a well polished game with a very interesting perspective and 'story'. It definitely invokes emotion and has a bit of fun to it, but as a video game, it's hard for me to consider it a 'must have' or even worth the 14.99. After the two or three hours of gameplay, it's over and I don't see any replay value at all. Even at about 3 hours, I began to feel it was too long (to be fair though, I finished it in one sitting).

The game heavily relies on personal experience which might be why I don't hold it in such high regards as many others. When I think about the games that I consider to be emotional experiences and 'fun', I think of titles like Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and Metal Gear Solid 3&4. For me, each of these offered more emotional and fulfilling experiences than Journey.

There is nothing wrong with the game really, it is just a bit to simplistic for some individuals. I completely understand that a lot of people consider this one of the best games on the PS3 and appreciate that opinion. In a genre where 'the experience' is the entire game, there will always be split opinions and those who really enjoyed it simply had a different experience than those who didn't find much in it. It is what makes the game so great for some and mediocre for others. If anything, this fact makes me truly experience the game, but it also makes it hard for me to recommend or consider a worthy use of ones money.

Only way to know is to play it yourself. It's a lot of fun to talk about though!

Yep, I think it depends on what you're looking for as to if you love or hate Journey. If you're simply looking for an awesome experience with some great visuals and an astounding soundtrack, then Journey would be for you, but if you're wanting something with more substance and gameplay, then I think you'll probably dislike Journey. I didn't think the game was perfect (Gave it a 9.0 in my review) simply because it lacked any real gameplay, but then again I still thought it was a brilliant game.

I can completely understand why some would dislike it though, completely depends on what you're looking for in a game.

ShogunRok

No idea how people can say this game has no replay value. Playing with different anonymous players always gives a different experience, plus the fact there are so many hidden secrets to find throughout the game. By finishing the game, I think you should be considering playing it again, almost immediately. The whole game seems to be based on the idea of reincarnation anyway - that by completing this journey you become more enlightened - thus you eventually gain your white cloak, aka your enlightenment.

Getting a bit spiritual here, but that's the basis of the game. It's probably a theme that isn't touched upon enough in gaming.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

8vpiper

So just picked this up on my way home lets see what's the fuss about Going to try it on my hmz since its just been gathering dust.

PSN ID : piper8v

Twitter:

8vpiper

Excellent was quite the experience. lost the guy guy I was playing with right before the end. kept looking but eventually finished on my own

Twitter:

Squiggle55

I really love this game. An absolutely beautiful piece of art. And if you've lived long enough to experience the range of emotions life has in store for you, then it can be very emotional. Check out this article if you haven't seen it.

http://kotaku.com/5982655/she-lost-her- … d-her-cope

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

8vpiper
Squiggle55

I really love this game. An absolutely beautiful piece of art. And if you've lived long enough to experience the range of emotions life has in store for you, then it can be very emotional. Check out this article if you haven't seen it.

http://kotaku.com/5982655/she-lost-her- … d-her-cope

I thought that was a very touching letter, Then I started reading the comments. Some people are just D***$

Twitter:

rastamadeus

Anybody fancy trying to go through the entire game with me in one go one night? Would like to 100% it. Sadly I know it'd be a problem as you can't ask people to join you, relying on luck, but you never know.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

8vpiper

what time you going to be on roughly?

Twitter:

rastamadeus

Won't be tonight sadly as I have a baby to look after. Why she can't look after herself yet I do not know, haha.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

8vpiper

haha all good been looking at the trophies how does one get across the bridge with out opening any of those gates??? well I am up pretty late only leave for work at +-1 am South African time which is pretty much the same as most of europe

Twitter:

PMasterTy9

I finally played it over the weekend and I gotta say it was well worth the $3.75 . I just need to get all of the trophies now. I think it's a game that everyone should experience. I though it was cool at the end of the game it showed you the PSN IDs of all the people you came across.

PSN ID: tgraves82

PSN: TGraves82 | Twitter:

Melle25

Sorry but advertising is against the rules here. -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Melle25

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.