Forums

Topic: Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 164

CanisWolfred

Simple enough, this is the thread to talk about anything Anime and/or Manga related.

To start, I'll ask a few questions:

What's everybody's Favorite Anime and/ or Manga? Their Least Favorite Anime/Manga?

What's Everybody Watching? What are you reading? And of course, what do you think of them?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

As for me, my favorite anime should be obvious: Gundam. It have everything I look for in anime: deep, complex storylines, interesting characters that grow over time, great action scenes, and of course giant robots!!! (portrayed in a semi-realistic manner, too) Nothing can beat it in my eyes.

My favorite Manga is Crossbone Gundam, which happens to have the best Gundam story never animated, with some really cool mobile suit designs to boot.

Least favorite is End of Evangelion. Words cannot describe the amount of seething hatred I feel towards that movie.

I'm currently watching Soul Eater and Shaman King, both of which are very good. Soul Eater has a good mix of comedy and action, and the story seems to be getting interesting recently. Shaman King has been great from the get-go, though. I love the characters and how they all develop, and the action is just right. In fact, I find character development to be the key to a shonen anime, and both shows have it in spades right now.

I'm not reading any manga right now, but I do intend to read the manga versions of Soul Eater and Shaman King when I'm done with the anime versions.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Right now I am not watching anything anime related now but I do have a pretty nice collection on DVD.  Some of my favorites include

Fushigi Yuugi
Trigun
Initial D
Inuyasha
Ruroni Kenshin
Fullmetal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
DN Angel

and a bunch more that I will probably add here later.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

CanisWolfred

That's cool. Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, and Fullmetal alchemist are all very good anime. I've also been meaning to get into DN Angel and Fushigi Yugi.

Anyways, I'm also watching Tenjho Tenge, whuch is....pretty bad so far, yet enjoyable enough for me to keep watching. By bad, I mean the plot is thin, the characters are mostly idiots, and nothing makes sense, at least so far. Everything just seems like an excuse to have random fights with people who inexplicably have super powers (which, btw, only the biggest idiot in the whole group seems to be surprised about...). Still, the fights are good, and everything else I can just laugh at.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Noire

My favorite anime is probably FLCL. It's so absolutely bonkers I can't help but love it and it has the added bonus of not being five-hundred episodes long, which means it's rewatchable~

Other favorites include:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gurren Lagaan
Darker than Black
Eden of the East

Least favorite, just because I remember forcing myself to watch it because of the name, was Persona: Trinity Soul. If it was anything else I would have given up on it and gleefully forgotten picking it up but I had to see how that one ended. ... Yeah.

Right now I'm watching Persona 4 the Animation which is way better.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

PSN: PhoenixSage123

Tasuki

Ok back to add some more.  These ones I watched on Netflix so if you have Netflix streaming you can check them out there

Sacred Blacksmith
Kaze No Stigma
Sekirei

@GundamMac:  Fushigi Yuugi is a great one, it starts kinda slow in the beginning but it picks up.  As you can tell from my user name its one of my top favorites.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Dynetheous

my top three anime are:

Nura: Rise of the yokai
Katekyo hitman reborn
Bleach

and my favorite Manga are:

Zombie Powder
One Piece ( cause im not watching 500 episodes)
Fairy Tail

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Genostar09

I absolutely love several anime on Netflix. I've fully watched Clannad, Clannad After Story, Baccano!, Mushi-Shi, Moribito: Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Samurai 7, Ghost Hound, Rideback, D.Gray-man, Soul Eater, Noein, Last Exile, Hell Girl, Blue Drop, and Rosario + Vampire.

I can definitely say that all of those were great anime, but the ones that stood out the most were Mushi-Shi and Moribito: Gaurdian of the Sacred Spirit. Those two anime are downright incredible!

As for manga, the only manga I own is Azumanga Daioh Omnibus, which is HUGE! The manga covers all of the hilarious jokes from the anime series. Great manga

Genostar09

CanisWolfred
Genostar09

I absolutely love several anime on Netflix. I've fully watched Clannad, Clannad After Story, Baccano!, Mushi-Shi, Moribito: Guardian of the Sacred Spirit, Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Samurai 7, Ghost Hound, Rideback, D.Gray-man, Soul Eater, Noein, Last Exile, Hell Girl, Blue Drop, and Rosario + Vampire.

I can definitely say that all of those were great anime, but the ones that stood out the most were Mushi-Shi and Moribito: Gaurdian of the Sacred Spirit. Those two anime are downright incredible!

As for manga, the only manga I own is Azumanga Daioh Omnibus, which is HUGE! The manga covers all of the hilarious jokes from the anime series. Great manga

Wow, that's a lot of shows. How'd I miss this before? Very eclectic mix, too. I see you're still around. If you can still remember, what did you think of Ghost Hound, Noien, Last Exile, Hell Girl, and Blue Drop?

Also, unrelated, but are there any anime you disliked?

Tasuki

Ok back to add some more.  These ones I watched on Netflix so if you have Netflix streaming you can check them out there

Sacred Blacksmith
Kaze No Stigma
Sekirei

Wait, to your favorites, or these are just ones you were watching? I only ask because Kaze no Stigma was pretty notorious around one of the forums I visit.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Currently watching One Piece...which I've spent most of the past 5 months watching. I'm on the Impel Down arc, and it's been an incredible ride so far. A lot has happened, and right now [SPOILER] Blackbeard just showed up, and made the Head Jailer part of his crew. As if they weren't dangerous enough! Looking forward to seeing how Luffy gets away from them... [SPOILER]

I'm tempted to take a break when I'm done with this arc and go rewatch a Gundam show, possibly Gundam X, in order to hype myself up for the 6th episode of Gundam U.C. in March.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Brotagonist

I'm currently watching Persona 4 and Kotoura-san, as well as rewatching Haruhi and Code Geass.

No one touches my precious Nanako!
A man chooses, a slave obeys! - Andrew Ryan

Currently Playing: The Last of Us, Pokemon X

FullbringIchigo

that a tough one i would say my favourite Anime and Manga series is Naruto with Dragon Ball a close second (like a nat's wing difference) then One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA Brotherhood, Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) and honestly this list could go on for ages

but anyway i'm currently reading Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail and Kuroshitsuji and enjoying them very much the storys are moving along nicely and have had quite a few twists pop up but i wont spoil them for anyone, if you want to know then you should read them, it's also sad that Bleach is coming to a end but you know that old saying All Good Things...

as for my least favourite Anime that would have to be Vandread i just found the whole thing BORING and the characters were pretty bland also the story setting kinda sucked

and my least favourite manga is...... actually i haven't encountered a manga i haven't liked reading but i suppose the worst i did read was Freezing it wasn't bad but just not as good as all the others i have read i can't really explain why

well that my thought on subject of this thread

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Sanquine

Has someone any advice for me on anime? I am currently watching persona anime because of the game ( That kills my social life)... And i am searching for somethign with the typical high school stuff with a good story ( LOL again like persona)

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

CanisWolfred

@majin-Naruto good to see another shounen fan. Believe it or not, I haven't run into many on the web.

I never liked Vandread, either. It's more or less a fanservice anime, iirc.

@sanquine I wish I could help you. I've yet to watch a show with a high school setting that I liked. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

My favorite anime would probably be Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist or Ghost Stories, one for the heart in its story, another for its well-thought-out setting, characters and longevity while still being engrossing, and the other for being what is basically an abridged anime of itself.
As for least favorite... Of the ones I've watched and completed, I'd go with Vandread too. I'm kind of surprised I ever finished it. The story, characters, and setting were never really all that appealing.

For what I'm currently watching, Soul Eater is what I've been spending time on. It's pretty interesting, and the setting and cast are very different from pretty much everything out there, which is a big plus. A lot of the humor feels forced, though, which rubs me the wrong way. Still, I'm having a good time with it.

Also, I plan on getting Cowboy Bebop soon. I've never watched it, and I really want to get to changing that.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

NathanUC

I don't have much to add here.. but I loved the Persona 4 anime. It was very well made for a tv show about a game!

The only other one I really watched and enjoyed was the Sengoku Basara anime.

Both from games.. I know.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

FullbringIchigo
CanisWolfred

@majin-Naruto good to see another shounen fan. Believe it or not, I haven't run into many on the web.

well we are everywhere, hiding, waiting for our moment to strike.....BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

seriously though i just think a lot of people are embarrassed to admit they like them, but i'm not i proudly admit that i do

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007
Sanquine

Has someone any advice for me on anime? I am currently watching persona anime because of the game ( That kills my social life)... And i am searching for somethign with the typical high school stuff with a good story ( LOL again like persona)

Fruits Basket has a high school setting and is great.

Jaz007

turtlelink
moomoo

My favorite anime would probably be Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist or Ghost Stories, one for the heart in its story, another for its well-thought-out setting, characters and longevity while still being engrossing, and the other for being what is basically an abridged anime of itself.
As for least favorite... Of the ones I've watched and completed, I'd go with Vandread too. I'm kind of surprised I ever finished it. The story, characters, and setting were never really all that appealing.

For what I'm currently watching, Soul Eater is what I've been spending time on. It's pretty interesting, and the setting and cast are very different from pretty much everything out there, which is a big plus. A lot of the humor feels forced, though, which rubs me the wrong way. Still, I'm having a good time with it.

Also, I plan on getting Cowboy Bebop soon. I've never watched it, and I really want to get to changing that.

I'm watching Soul Eater too! I actually like it. Didn't think I would at first. Really love the sun and moon lol.

I plan on watching Cowboy Bepop too as well as Yu Yu Hakusho when I'm not busy.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred
moomoo

Haha, all great shows there. Trigun and FMA are among my top 30 shows (and yes, I've seen enough that I have to count that high just for my favorites), and Soul Eater is up there, too. If you really get into it, be sure to check out the Manga someday, since the story changes around episode 30, IIRC, and of course it keeps going for quite a while longer.

Cowboy Bebop is definitely something to look forward too, as well.

@Turtlink - you reminded me, I never finished Yu Yu Hakusho. I really should get on that soonish.

Right now I'm watching Guilty Crown, Fairy Tail, Majestic Prince, Gargantia, and I'll soon be watching Valvrave once the first episode is out on Crunchyroll. Tonight I also intend to watch Gundam Unicorn episode 6. I've waited far too long to finally watch that.

Since I just started watching most of those, I have nothing to report other than they all seem promising so far. Fairy Tail I'm up to episode 31, and the previous arc was fantastic. This show had a really slow start, but it seems like it's finally taking itself seriously, and I look forward to watching the next major arc.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.