Forums

Topic: Plan on selling the PS3?

Posts 1 to 20 of 27

TheBandicoot

Several of my friends with a PS4 have started selling their PS3s. I personally plan on holding onto mine for at least another year or so depending on how many PS4 games I acquire until then as right now have a pretty big PS3 library.

TheBandicoot

sinalefa

I will not sell mine. Maybe if PS4 was backwards compatible, as I have a bunch of games that I haven't  touched yet.

I may even get an Xbox One and thus have a console from each company. Also have a Wii U.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

DerMeister

I don't like selling my consoles, so no. I understand why people do it, but I'd rather keep my systems.

I enjoy the games I have on the system. Although I don't have a PS4 yet, I still won't sell my PS3. Heck, I still have my PS2.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

DerMeister

I don't like selling my consoles, so no. I understand why people do it, but I'd rather keep my systems.

I enjoy the games I have on the system. Although I don't have a PS4 yet, I still won't sell my PS3. Heck, I still have my PS2.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Tasuki

The only console I sold was my N64 and that was to get the Gamecube back when it first released.  I regretted a few years later and it wasn't till about a year ago that I was finally able to get an N64 again.    After that I will never sell a console again cause eventually I do like to go back and play the games again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

The only console I sold was my N64 and that was to get the Gamecube back when it first released.  I regretted a few years later and it wasn't till about a year ago that I was finally able to get an N64 again.    After that I will never sell a console again cause eventually I do like to go back and play the games again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

Never. There are still games for me to get on the PS3, and I want to replay games on it I already have. That's not even considering the backlog I have for it too. I don't sell consoles unless I'm buying backwards compatable one. And then I have to own the system that plays the game the older system was backwards compatable with.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Never. There are still games for me to get on the PS3, and I want to replay games on it I already have. That's not even considering the backlog I have for it too. I don't sell consoles unless I'm buying backwards compatable one. And then I have to own the system that plays the game the older system was backwards compatable with.

Jaz007

Splat

I have way to many games downloaded on my PS3 to ever think about getting rid of it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

ZeD

I will not be getting rid of my PS3 any times soon.  Like @Splat I have too many games left to play from last Generation plus we have Borderlands. KH2.5 and AC Rouge out at the moment/soon

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

ZeD

I will not be getting rid of my PS3 any times soon.  Like @Splat I have too many games left to play from last Generation plus we have Borderlands. KH2.5 and AC Rouge out at the moment/soon

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards

And I quote: I will never EVER sell my PS3! (Chris Jericho reference)

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards

And I quote: I will never EVER sell my PS3! (Chris Jericho reference)

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

rjejr

I sold my PS2 - had the original - thinking I would replace it some day w/ the newer model, but I never did. Held out hope PS4 would play PS2 discs. Now I have a guitar hero guitar and a bunch of games I can never play again. Well unless I buy the HD ports, they are mostly games that have had HD ports. 

Moral of the story - don't do it.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

I sold my PS2 - had the original - thinking I would replace it some day w/ the newer model, but I never did. Held out hope PS4 would play PS2 discs. Now I have a guitar hero guitar and a bunch of games I can never play again. Well unless I buy the HD ports, they are mostly games that have had HD ports. 

Moral of the story - don't do it.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

SteveButler2210

Echoing the thoughts of everyone so far, I wouldn't dream of it. I've probably got somewhere between at least 20-40 games in my PS3 backlog, all of which I fully intend to play at some point, even if I don't get there for another 10 years!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

SteveButler2210

Echoing the thoughts of everyone so far, I wouldn't dream of it. I've probably got somewhere between at least 20-40 games in my PS3 backlog, all of which I fully intend to play at some point, even if I don't get there for another 10 years!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.