Forums

Topic: Buy a new tv for ps4

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

dedin017

I am looking to buy a new TV 50" around 1,200 euros. worth it to buy a 4K tv or not?

dedin017

Faruko

I dont think 4K televisions are worth it at all, the ammount of content its really low, you really need a big tv to see the difference or be far away (10+ feet), im not sure there are TVs with full HDMI 2.0 support, i would say they will be worth it, but not now, maybe in a yeaar or so, when theres much more content and they come down in price a little (8k is already on works)

its much more important a better screen technology (OLED, brightness, contrast, etc...) than raw extra resolution

HDMI its REALLY important, so far 1.4 only supports 30fps, where as HDMI 2.0 supports 60fps (and gives you much better audio too)

This all comes from that im actually looking for a TV too and all the research ive done resumes in that

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Jaz007

If you're looking for TV for a PS4, then definitely don't get 4K. There won't be a single 4K game for the PS4. We're really just making 1080P standard right now. I'd also recommend you try avoiding a TV that goes above 60FPS. You should probably look into for yourself a bit, but I've heard that too high a FPS creates lag for games.

Jaz007

arnoldlayne83

4k is not supported by ps4, so it is pretty useless.....

Moreover, to really appreciate 4k, you need a huge tv and even bigger room. So, I would say not at all.... save the money and get yourself a proper audio system instead

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Victor_Meldrew

It will support 4k tv, I don't know if it is possible now or if it will need a patch in future, 4k games aint gonna happen.

Victor_Meldrew

--ZAT--

i got a 50 inch panasonic plasma for 400 quid, my ps4 looks great on it.

i wouldn't bother with 4k just yet, wait until the prices drop and there is stuff you can actually
watch on it. give it a couple of years.

--ZAT--

KALofKRYPTON

No reason to shell out massive amounts on a good screen anymore.

My 40" Bravia is pushing 7 years old now, and it was the 'supermarket' model then. It's brilliant.

If you're only using it for gaming, then go for whatever you can get, most big names are good, and many lower spec tvs use the same screens (albeit with inferior processing technology). Also, be wary of refresh rates. High refresh rate tvs are great for gaming. Anything over 100hz is fine, and most new sets these days are much higher. Again, fine for gaming. But if you're watching TV or movies on it, then try and get a demo before you buy.

A friend of mine got a shiny new Panasonic a couple of years back. Beautiful screen with a 600hz refresh rate. WipEout HD was phenomenal looking on it. But tv and movies have a bizarre look to them. Everything moves too quickly, the audio remains in sync, but we found it very difficult to watch anything. He said he's since become used to it though.
In addition to that, my folks have a new Sammy, again-big, shiny and beautiful, but there's a horrid lag to anything coming from the internal tuner and the Tivo box. There are settings to mitigate it a little, but they don't do much to help.

A decent Bravia from 2 or more years ago can be gotten really reasonably. For a good experience you aught to turn most, if not all of the bells & whistles off anyway. That said the game mode on the Samsungs is pretty neat.

Whenever my Bravia bites the dust, I'm not getting anything over 200hz, that's for sure.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

arnoldlayne83

Again, don't spend too much for a 4k, many FullHD tv of big brands will do it, instead get some good Dolby or Stereo system (I have my tv connected to the yamaha crx550), trust me, your gaming experience will improve a lot (and not only that, but any music/movie)

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Bridgeman

I have a sony KDL47W805 and love it, aparently best in price cat for lag reduction. Smart features work a dream and is 3D compatible too. Also looks pretty sexy next to my ps4!!!

Bridgeman

Ronin424C

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

This site here lists the best TVs for input lag etc. I refer to it every other day as I dream about winning the lottery and what tv would I then buy 
Sony seems to wipe the floor with everyone.

Ronin424C

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.