Forums

Topic: Do you think PS TV will help the Vita get any better next year?

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Enobmah_Shards

In the U.S., Europe and all parts of the world besides Japan?

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards
Tasuki

If Sony can't take the Vita seriously how do we expect anyone else to?

Does tweeting one of them work by telling them to support this system? o.o

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

DualWielding

Unfortunately no, the only thing that would help the Vita is exclusives with brand name

PSN: Fertheseeker

MadchesterManc
DualWielding

Unfortunately no, the only thing that would help the Vita is exclusives with brand name

Yeah because that really got the Vita's flying off the shelves when the likes of Uncharted, Wipeout, Killzone etc were launching on it & 3rd partys were releasing big hitters like Assassins Creed & Need for Speed on the handheld :rolleyes: Its an argument I see all the time, but if people weren't buying a Vita for the big games in its first year or so, why would releasing some save it now? It wouldn't

Edited on by MadchesterManc

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew
MadchesterManc
DualWielding

Yeah because that really got the Vita's flying off the shelves when the likes of Uncharted, Wipeout, Killzone etc were launching on it & 3rd partys were releasing big hitters like Assassins Creed & Need for Speed on the handheld :rolleyes: Its an argument I see all the time, but if people weren't buying a Vita for the big games in its first year or so, why would releasing some save it now? It wouldn't

Indeed, proper marketing up to and post launch might have helped, I was a casual gamer on the ps3 for about 5/6 years, I hadn't even heard of the PS vita until I started looking into getting a ps4.
Sony have been pretty pathetic.

Victor_Meldrew

Vincent294

I was hoping that would happen, but it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon. Take it into account with The new 3DS and I know my chances of getting a PS TV have been killed. I've joked that the marketing campaign behind The new 3DS should parody the improved camera quality: "The new 3DS comes with real cameras, hands, and a nose, so it can find, hunt, kill, and put your Vita 6 feet under." I hate to say it but things aren't looking good. Minecraft?

Vincent294

Enobmah_Shards

I Don't really understand why it WOULD'NT sell in all parts of the world. It is 99 dollars cheap and I understand that not all games are compatible during the launch date, but if it DOES sell well in Europe and in the U.S., that could bring a lot of devolopers to make third party games for it...

Sony did say more games for PS TV would be compatible as the days and months go by so I dunno what else the Vita brand has to do in order to sell very well in the handheld/microconsole market...

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

Enobmah_Shards
Blaze

I hope it will, but I don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure it had pretty dismal sales figures in Japan, didn't it?

But I thought Sony stated that the PS TV will be a different market in the U.S. and Europe?

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

Blaze
Enobmah_Shards
Blaze

I hope it will, but I don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure it had pretty dismal sales figures in Japan, didn't it?

But I thought Sony stated that the PS TV will be a different market in the U.S. and Europe?

But that doesn't guarantee success. :/

Punished_Boss_84

No chance.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

Enobmah_Shards

I see you are all obliged to think the PS TV will not do any better next year so what is it going to take to sell vitas unless you guys have a better idea? :/

Edit: Better yet, let me reiterate the topic question with this: What would be your reaction if you were wrong about the PS TV not selling well next year? Think about it...

Edited on by Enobmah_Shards

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

Blaze

If I was wrong about the PS TV selling badly next year, then I'd be happy because then the Vita would likely get some actual support, but like I said, I don't see it happening.

It's not as though I want the PS TV to fail, lol, I'm just basing my conclusions on the evidence of poor sales in Japan. I don't see why there would be anything more than a minimal difference in sales between Japan and the rest of the world anyway~

rjejr

They didn't call it Vita TV or even PS Vita TV, it's simply PS TV, that should tell you something right there.

I still want 1, and I think the Vita can stick around as a PS4 controller - see PS Move - but its days of being sold as it's own gaming machine are over. PS TV is a streaming device for PS4 and Netflix that plays a few Vita games. I don't imagine it selling very well. Not even Vita numbers.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

eaglebob345

The only thing I think can get the Vita to sell better is to get better games. Sony likes to sling around money for sequels, but didn't try to get a Kingdom Hearts game on the Vita and that annoys me. Even  Vita versions of PS4 games could help. Do as Nintendo did with SSB4. If Infamous, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, RE Revelations 1+2, and Batman: Arkham Knight made it to the Vita, it could help sales a lot.

eaglebob345

ObviouslyAdachi

Dualwielding is kinda right guys. Yeah, the Vita does have NFS, Killzone, Uncharted, etc. but people who aren't gamers don't know those names- and I use "gamer" loosely. My parents haven't heard of any of the "brands" on Vita except Call of Duty. The Vita needs games whose titles are known by everyone but unfortunately there aren't many of those on PlayStaion aside from Sonic and Lego, among a few others. The 3DS is an easy pick for parents because they know Mario and Donkey Kong and Kirby and Zelda, etc. They don't know Uncharted or Final Fantasy or Bioshock or Assassins creed. The Vita needs more games parents know, and that's a hard goal to reach.

Edited on by ObviouslyAdachi

ObviouslyAdachi

PSN: Sol_Schitea

Enobmah_Shards
ObviouslyAdachi

Dualwielding is kinda right guys. Yeah, the Vita does have NFS, Killzone, Uncharted, etc. but people who aren't gamers don't know those names- and I use "gamer" loosely. My parents haven't heard of any of the "brands" on Vita except Call of Duty. The Vita needs games whose titles are known by everyone but unfortunately there aren't many of those on PlayStaion aside from Sonic and Lego, among a few others. The 3DS is an easy pick for parents because they know Mario and Donkey Kong and Kirby and Zelda, etc. They don't know Uncharted or Final Fantasy or Bioshock or Assassins creed. The Vita needs more games parents know, and that's a hard goal to reach.

I agree about this!

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

ztpayne7

They potentially could have made a real difference if they had taken away the proprietary memory cards, even if just for PS TV.

ztpayne7

Enobmah_Shards

This was a nice discussion in regards to PS TV. I hope the outcome of the device remains intact, if not I am moving on.

I hope Sony knows where it stands in all this...

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
NNID - EnobmahShards

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.