Forums

Topic: Minimizing, cleansing and ordering your life....

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Scollurio

You know, I'm a strange fellow. I'm into gaming but also into the victorian era, ancient times, aliens and science. I read everything I get my eyes on from fiction over historical accounts up to fanfiction about my favourite gaming franchises. I also write and I have a rather creative job. Still. I feel unsatisfied, confused and all in all I'm a chaotic personality. I'm suffering from "too high expectations" when engaging in cross-human relations, struggle to trust people and on the other hand I'm caring, emotional and can be a rather fun guy. Yet I'm cynical, critical, and pretty much hate most of our society trademarks nowadays. As you can see, it's all a little much for just one mind to comprehend.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

I struggled for years to have some focus in my life, achieve some kind of satisfaction, working towards a goal or something. For quite some while I fancied the artistic style of minimalism and now it seems to carry over into my everyday life and it LIFTS A TON OF A BURDEN off my confused mind. I reduced my wardrobe significantly, I went all digital with my gaming, cleared shelfspace, went with a kindle and do all my "consuming of documentaries and feature films" on my iPad. I don't have a regular telly anymore. I don't watch normal programming, I try to avoid garbage, plastic bags, decorations and all the litter society throws at us. I got rid of many so called "friends" that were just lingering in my hemisphere and try to focus my life on the simple and functional things. I got rid of my 3DS, will soon get rid of my PS3 and gaming PC, only keep PS4 and Vita to play. Mac to work. No windows. No garbage. No nonsense. I have removed all but one picture frames from my walls and the only one remaining is a white frame with a white poster in it with helvetica light font saying "MINIMALIST" centered in the frame. That's all. I got rid of furniture, 3 bags I used for work and instead got a 600 Euro bag from saddleback leather which fits my victorian taste AND has a 100 year warranty. Talking about quality over quantity and such...

As a result, my mind is clearing up, I'm more productive, my whole life is less cluttered. I feel better. I even switched my nutrition to totally Paleo and lost 15kg of weight, gained muscle and all in all feel like I'm the Version 2.0 of myself. Not bragging here, not seeking attention, I'm just wondering if there are other people in here that have similar situations to deal with!

Share your thoughts folks!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards

If you look at my genuine question topic, I am struggling a little, but recovering surely but slowly. I used to think people are out to get me back in junior high. I was really depressed at the time.

In order to take the importance of balance in your life you need to understand personal responsibility. That's how you move on in terms of living in the now or so to speak.

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

ObviouslyAdachi

I see what you mean, I'm very cynical and dissillusioned as well. But I'm more of a realist, I don't care about minimalism- that's just me. You sound like the opposite of a hoarder to me

ObviouslyAdachi

PSN: Sol_Schitea

Scollurio
ObviouslyAdachi

I see what you mean, I'm very cynical and dissillusioned as well. But I'm more of a realist, I don't care about minimalism- that's just me. You sound like the opposite of a hoarder to me

I might be a hoarder if I don't force myself to slim down on everything. The less complicated my life is, the better I function I found. I also am a realist to some extent but also a dreamer day and night. I just really wonder about the "tricks" other people use to get along nicely in their lives. For me it definitely works like "simple and functional" thats where I shine (but I have a very capitalist, consumation-oriented past...).

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Sanquine

Just finished my bachelor, broke up with the cheating ex 4 months ago and quiet gaming in general. Went to the gym to workout five times a week and changed my diet. Gain 15 kg of weight in muscle and like no fat ( my fat percentage is below 8%). I love the change i made and working out has replaced gaming in my life. Futhermore, starting my master on the university of Amsterdam ( Economics) and the best news met a girl 4 weeks ago and now since 2 weeks she is my girlfriend. I almost forget, i'm moving to Amsterdam and im so excited for that.

Life couldn't be better.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Scollurio
Sanquine

Just finished my bachelor, broke up with the cheating ex 4 months ago and quiet gaming in general. Went to the gym to workout five times a week and changed my diet. Gain 15 kg of weight in muscle and like no fat ( my fat percentage is below 8%). I love the change i made and working out has replaced gaming in my life. Futhermore, starting my master on the university of Amsterdam ( Economics) and the best news met a girl 4 weeks ago and now since 2 weeks she is my girlfriend. I almost forget, i'm moving to Amsterdam and im so excited for that.

Life couldn't be better.

Serious Kudos to that! *tipping my hat*

#supportindies

Sanquine
Scollurio
Sanquine

Life couldn't be better.

Serious Kudos to that! *tipping my hat*

Thanks, same for you. Life isnt simple.. I also can't stand chaos maybe it's smart to follow your example.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

sinalefa

I just try not to do some things because everyone else does. During many years in my life I questioned mostly everything: religion, politics, human relationships, lifestyles, etc. I came to the conclusion that some things that fit most people won't necessarily apply to me, so the best thing to do is to try to find out what works for you and stick to that.

The thing is, we as people change our way of thinking based in our life experiences, so what works for me today may not work in the future. So as long as you understand that things don't last forever, you should do fine. Staying open minded has been the way I try to do things in my life.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Scollurio
sinalefa

I just try not to do some things because everyone else does. During many years in my life I questioned mostly everything: religion, politics, human relationships, lifestyles, etc. I came to the conclusion that some things that fit most people won't necessarily apply to me, so the best thing to do is to try to find out what works for you and stick to that.

The thing is, we as people change our way of thinking based in our life experiences, so what works for me today may not work in the future. So as long as you understand that things don't last forever, you should do fine. Staying open minded has been the way I try to do things in my life.

You seem to be a very clever sympathic person. I guess we're kinda in the same boat in how we approach things then. Lovely!

#supportindies

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.