Forums

Topic: Has sony given up on the PS Vita?

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

Enobmah_Shards

After the disappointment of E3 Playstation conference and other websites such as gamefaqs already say they are giving up on the vita, do you think this is the end for the vita?

I would like to think that there is just a glimmer of hope, but I feel like Sony isn't doing enough to support whatever it can to make it flourish. One user on gamefaqs who I won't mention is giving up on the vita and angrily said not so good things about Sony as a company.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited on by Tasuki

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

There's so many times i can repeat myself before people accept reality, so heres goes: I called it when the year 2014 started.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

PSN: lengendaryboss

Sanquine

Yep, only games you will be getting is Japanese stuff and indie's ( Which is fine for me but not for the many others who bought it as console gaming on the go xD)

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Victor_Meldrew

I love it but they should dump it and make vita 2, make it backwards compatible and completely compatible for remote play with all ps4 games.

Victor_Meldrew

fushimushi

I haven't really seen the E3 Conference and I'm planning on buying the Vita somewhere around November or December... so, regarding all this sad news, should I just drop the Vita and wait? There's a lot of good anime games out there for the Vita that I'd really want but if Sony drops the Vita... then It'd be sad.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection

PSN: distantwolfx44 | Twitter:

Enobmah_Shards
Jazzer94

At this point it is dead.

Hold the phone here, Final Fantasy Type 0 HD is coming for the vita. Looks like a system seller to me.

Edit: Awww it is incorrect!

Edited on by Enobmah_Shards

PSN ID - EnobmahChoas
3DS Friend code - 4468-1036-4376
NNID - EnobmahShards
Check out my YouTube channel www.YouTube.com/user/EnobmahShards

PSN: EnobmahChoas | Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84
Jazzer94

At this point it is dead.

It was dead long before, people have finally seen the light tho.

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

Gamer83

It's over, was fun while it lasted but with Sony shifting the focus completely to PS4, I don't look at this as a bad thing. The device isn't selling, it's time to move on.

Gamer83

eaglebob345
distantwolfx44

I haven't really seen the E3 Conference and I'm planning on buying the Vita somewhere around November or December... so, regarding all this sad news, should I just drop the Vita and wait? There's a lot of good anime games out there for the Vita that I'd really want but if Sony drops the Vita... then It'd be sad.

It is sad that they are not really trying with the Vita, but there is no denying that it has some good games. I would suggest getting one when you can, as will I. I probably won't be getting one this year, though because my Wii U and 3DS are getting a lot of games this year, and next year... Ok, so Vita for me in 2016, maybe?

eaglebob345

Punished_Boss_84

It is time to face the reality, i warned you all about this months ago.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2190 … etwork.php

Edit: off-topic i love my new avatar!

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

Sanquine
Punished_Boss

It is time to face the reality i warned you all about this months ago.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2190 … etwork.php

Edit: off-topic i love my new avatar!

I also love your avatar..
Well, Sony ! You can **** off when you ever introduce a new handheld Nintendo handhelds it is

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

Victor_Meldrew

Plain lazy. They just haven't bothered to market the vita properly.

Victor_Meldrew

rastamadeus

The problem is Sony just don't get handhelds. Throwing out a more powerful machine doesn't win in handheld gaming. Nintendo's machines are always less powerful than their competition and no-one ever gets close to them. I've been saying this since I joined this site and I was called all sorts when I said it. Now people are realising what I said wasn't anti-Sony nonsense but just the truth so kinda feel vindicated a wee bit. But there's still stuff for Vita to make it more than worth owning. Sadly by this time next year I don't think they'll be even a handful of new games incoming. Oh well. Fun while it lasted and at least IA/VT Colourful is out soon n_n

Punished_Boss

There's so many times i can repeat myself before people accept reality, so heres goes: I called it when the year 2014 started.

Called it back in March 2012 haha.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

Scollurio

Don't be so negative people, there's still plenty to play on Vita with the J-stuff and indies coming (hell, broforce alone is a reason to get a Vita if you haven't already) and yes, I have to agree, Nintendo RULES the handheld market, BUT what I really HATE about Nintendo is that their handhelds ALWAYS have some major flaw, like the 3DS' missing second circle pad, gimicky 3D etc...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

rastamadeus
Scollurio

Don't be so negative people, there's still plenty to play on Vita with the J-stuff and indies coming (hell, broforce alone is a reason to get a Vita if you haven't already) and yes, I have to agree, Nintendo RULES the handheld market, BUT what I really HATE about Nintendo is that their handhelds ALWAYS have some major flaw, like the 3DS' missing second circle pad, gimicky 3D etc...

It's not a flaw it's a feature you want. Until my 3DS broke I never noticed the lack of a second circle pad. "Quirky 3D" isn't a flaw either. Was a feature that no-one utilised but when they did (Super Mario 3D Land) it really adds to the experience. I'd say the lack of support by Sony themselves, the near-useless Near and stupid memory cards are major flaws in Vita and more major than a missing circle pad. If Sony make a third handheld they need to serious re-evaluate everything if they want a success rather than a device a few people own and love.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

Scollurio

It's my personal take on it rastamadeus. No offense. I love to play Monster Hunter on my 3DS but it would be much easier (especially underwater fights) if it had a second circle pad. And really I wouldn't call it a feature just having ONE. There is no benefit to it. 3D is a matter of taste, I'd rather have a bit higher resolution instead of the 3D effect. Also, but thats just me, I wouldn't even want/need the second screen.

In my dream world Sony would make a new handheld, reasonably priced, compatible to standard SD cards and Nintendo would develop games for it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

get2sammyb

The Vita's a really weird one because the hardware doesn't sell, but I'm led to believe software sales are generally very good. To be honest, I don't think you're going to see the situation change much from where we are -- a handful of 'big' games, and lots of little ones.

Jazzer94
Scollurio

It's my personal take on it rastamadeus. No offense. I love to play Monster Hunter on my 3DS but it would be much easier (especially underwater fights) if it had a second circle pad. And really I wouldn't call it a feature just having ONE. There is no benefit to it. 3D is a matter of taste, I'd rather have a bit higher resolution instead of the 3D effect. Also, but thats just me, I wouldn't even want/need the second screen.

In my dream world Sony would make a new handheld, reasonably priced, compatible to standard SD cards and Nintendo would develop games for it!

If MH was such a problem underwater you should of got a circle pad pro.

An ideal world is Nintendo making games for their own hardware which they know inside out.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

Scollurio
Jazzer94
Scollurio

If MH was such a problem underwater you should of got a circle pad pro.

An ideal world is Nintendo making games for their own hardware which they know inside out.

The circle pad is abysmal and ugly and I played over 250 hours of MH well without it. Just as an afterthought, I thought it's on Nintendo to "foresee" the use of a second circlepad.

#supportindies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.