Forums

Topic: Books You're Currently Reading?

Posts 1 to 20 of 876

KidRyan

Note: Please don't discuss what comics/manga etc you are reading. Light Novels are okay though.

I'll start us off ^_^.

I started reading Artemis Fowl Book 04: The Opal Deception, I'm really loving this nostalgic trip into my childhood (I was obsessed with the series when I was a teen).

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Beaston61

Reading is so underrated

Currently reading;
• Game of Thrones - George RR Martin
  ~ the TV series just isn't enough GoT for me
• The Diet Trap - DR John Briffa
  ~ interesting spin on weight-loss. Full of science - the question is, will it be as successful as it claims to be? Only time will tell.

Currently Playing: ---> MGS V: PP (PS4) - Until Dawn (PS4) - Dota 2 (PC) & Loads of Indies! (long live the Indies)
PSN / Steam ID: Beaston61

"remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

PSN: Beaston61

Reverend_Skeeve

Game of Thrones...amazing...want to finish the books before I watch the show.

Also, I'm reading "The Dark Tower, part 7" at the moment, parallel to GoT...I constantly read something, often more than one book at a time. Yes, I read a lot.

Reverend_Skeeve

Victor_Meldrew

I'm saving reading for my old age if I make it. I enjoy reading Richard Dawkins and any books relating to the Marx Brothers. I was in the middle of Richard Dawkins The Extended Phenotype but I haven't touched it in months.

Victor_Meldrew

k_andersen

I'm currently reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy, which is really beautiful, but super heavy and SUPER violent. Like, ten times more violent than any game I've played - it's pretty ridiculous.

News reporter - Push Square

Twitter:

Doctor_BK

I'm currently reading Dragon Age: The Masked Empire (all of the David Gaider Dragon Age books are fantastic even if you are not into the game), The Way of Kings, and Searching For God Knows What. All great books so far.

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd

KidRyan
Reverend_Skeeve

Game of Thrones...amazing...want to finish the books before I watch the show.

Also, I'm reading "The Dark Tower, part 7" at the moment, parallel to GoT...I constantly read something, often more than one book at a time. Yes, I read a lot.

Nice to see another fellow reader on here hehe .

Btw, bravo on reading Dark Tower series, I loved reading that when I was younger.

(I still need to read book 8, but will prob have to re-read books 1-7 first)

Tasuki

I use to read alot beck in high school and even after it a bit afterwards.  Then the whole real life thing happened and now during my down time its either reading books or playing video games.  You can probably guess which one I picked. 

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

get2sammyb

I'm reading Twelve Years a Slave. I haven't seen the film, but the book was uber-cheap on the Kindle Store, so I decided to give it a go. I'd love to say I'm enjoying it, but it's frankly very depressing. Eye opening, though, and a reminder of how scummy the human race can be.

shingi_70

I'm reading the play fences for class, and great expectations by dickens. That's not including my weekly comic pull list.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

PSN: shingi_70

Kage_88

If anyone is interested, I just got my first novel published. It's a fantasy called The Tarinn Fables: Kwennsefulass, and it's available in both Kindle and hardcopy!

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Tarinn-Fables-Kwe … n+Fab%3Bes

Hard Copy: http://www.amazon.com/Kwennsefulass-Kri … 0992394023

I'd really appreciate it you fellas checked it out!

As for reading, well, I'm currently reading Ghosts by Hanz Holzer, and the Witcher series.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

get2sammyb
Kage_88

If anyone is interested, I just got my first novel published. It's a fantasy called The Tarinn Fables: Kwennsefulass, and it's available in both Kindle and hardcopy!

As for reading, well, I'm currently reading Ghosts by Hanz Holzer, and the Witcher series.

Wow, a huge congratulations to you!

rastamadeus
get2sammyb

I'm reading Twelve Years a Slave. I haven't seen the film, but the book was uber-cheap on the Kindle Store, so I decided to give it a go. I'd love to say I'm enjoying it, but it's frankly very depressing. Eye opening, though, and a reminder of how scummy the human race can be.

Both the book and film are heart-breakingly brilliant. There's a bit in the film (can't remember if it's in the book and is hardly a spoiler) where some white guys who work for his first 'owner' tie a noose around his neck and hang him, but with his feet just able to touch the ground as long as he stands on his toes. Obviously that's horrific but in the film you can see it's done for real with Chiwetel Ejiofor struggling to keep his feet on the ground. It's all done in one continuous take with the camera not budging an inch and goes on for three, maybe four minutes with only the sound of his feet touching mud and his gasps for air being heard. In the background after around a minute the rest of the slaves carry on with their work and ignore him. Such an incredibly powerful and hugely uncomfortable scene. Fantastic film, well worthy of all it's awards.

As for what I'm reading, I've just read through 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro for must be the hundredth time. My favourite book. Will soon be moving on to 'Drive' and 'Driver' by James Sallis (Drive is my favourite ever film). Then I shall finally start with 'Game Of Thrones' as I've got in to the show now I have Sky and have watched all thirty-eight episodes in the past week and a bit. Last weeks was incredible, I sat there for around five minutes unable to speak or even think.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

Kage_88
get2sammyb
Kage_88

Wow, a huge congratulations to you!

Thanks for the kind words, Sammy! Actually, a big influence in my writing were the worlds of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm actually playing the former again right now...

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

KidRyan

I finally completed Artemis Fowl 4: Opal Deception, and I also read and finished both Books 05 and 06 of the series (Lost Colony and Time Paradox).

My next goal will probably be to buy both Books 07 and 08 before my vacation in September starts (my family will be renting a "cottage house" near the coast for 9 days).

CanisWolfred

I think the last time I read a book I got two chapters into Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (over the course of two weeks) before I just couldn't get up the energy to pick it up again. That was 2 or 3 years ago, I think...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Cron_13

Currently reading The Leopard by Jo Nesbø... Absolutely love his books, highly recommended for fans of crime dramas. Been switching between his books and Harlan Coben books for quite a few months now, but I think I might go for Inferno next, so be interested to see what you think about it Sanquine (read all his previous books and enjoyed them).

| PlayStation Network ID: Cron_13 | XBOX Live: Cron13 |

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic