Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 1 to 20 of 738

Tasuki

Hey guys got this idea from the WWE 2K15 announcement article and it looks like we have quite a few wrestling fans here.

So I figured we can talk about anything wrestling here like our favorite wrestlers, matches PPVs etc.

So I was I am wondering who will be on the cover for 2K15, my co worker is thinking that Sting might be on it since he is now part of the WWE but honestly I think it my be either Daniel Bryan.  What do you guys think?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

Daniel Bryan was on the alternate cover of 2K14 but I still feel he will be in the running for 2K15. I don't see Sting being on the cover even if the rumors of him signing with WWE are true. That said just having him in the game would be awesome.

The Wyatt Family or The Shield would make for a pretty cool cover...

As for the actual WWE, I'm next expecting much out of the next PPV Payback. A couple rematches from Extreme Rules and there will sadly be no Daniel Bryan.

If Sting is indeed with WWE then it would be a great time to roll him on out and spark some interest.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

I think if anything Sting has a legends contract like Nash, Xpac or Edge.  Mainly so they can use their likeness in games, maybe a DVD or two and some appearances not so much in ring stuff.  Would be awesome though to see a Taker Sting match next WM.

My Backlog

Splat

I mean don't get me wrong I love The Undertaker but I hope WM 30 was his last match. He looked old and done before the match even started. As someone that literally grew up watching the guy, I found it painful to watch.

At this point I feel like Sting vs Undertaker would just end up being a disappointment.

Kage_88

Rasslin'!

@Tasuki - Sting hasn't signed a contract with WWE. He's only appeared in a couple of interviews for the WWE Network.

Still, I'd like to see Sting vs. Taker at WM (as much as I doubt it'll happen), if only for the awesome angle it would produce and how hot the crowd would be for the contest.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to WWE 2K15 in the slightest. The series is beyond stale, and it needs a major overhaul. Engine, graphics, gameplay... Everything needs to be dumped and remade, IMO. Even the TNA game from 2007 looks miles better than 2K14.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

Splat

All they really have to do is update the graphics and go back to using the control scheme from the great N64 wrestling games and they would have a winner.

Edited on by Splat

Gamer83
Splat

All they really have to do is update the graphics and go back to using the control scheme from the great N64 wrestling games and they would have a winner.

True, but people have said this for years and the developers don't want to do it. Sometimes the wheel doesn't need to be re-invented to have a great game.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Kage_88:  I dont know about that I have seen on their site pictures of the older "pre-crow" Sting as well as I heard that a Bluray is coming out here in September.  Sometimes they dont announce when they signed some of the older guys to a legends contract. 

Then again it could be Sting as well he might just want to fade away from the business and doesn't want the big deal coming if news of him signed with WWE came out.  His last couple of matches in TNA looked really weak I mean watching him was as sad as watching Taker during the Taker/Brock match.

If he appears as a character in 2K15 then we will know if he is signed with WWE.

My Backlog

Kage_88

@Tasuki - That's definitely possible.

There have been so many conflicting reports regarding Sting's WWE status. I actually do think he'll show up on WWE TV eventually. He said in a recent interview he's been watching RAW intently, and has stated in the past that he'd like to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Feel free to add me!

Tasuki

@Kage_88:  Yeah I have heard that too but as you said there are so many conflicting reports of him signing. 

Here's my view on it. (This might be a long post so I am warning now if it is)

Sting has said in the past that he didn't sign with the WWE (especially after WCW was sold) cause he felt that WWE wouldn't be able to portray the Sting character right.  Hence why he went with TNA after his WCW contract ran out.  Well if he is done with in ring activities either due to his own choice or a doctor or whatever he doesn't really need to worry about that.  If he wants to sit back and make money off of the Sting character due to DVDs or appearances in games he can do that with easy in the WWE.  Right now TNA is in such a financial mess who knows if they can offer someone like Sting that.  He can still be a part of the industry without participating in the ring with WWE.  So I can see him going with that.   I mean look at how many legends they have under contract yet we don't see them in the ring.  Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Kevin Nash and the list goes on.

My Backlog

Tasuki
Confused_Dude

I like this thread.

Push Ziggler.

That is all.

Totally agree Ziggler needs a big push.  I remember a few years ago he was starting to go somewhere but then pffffft nothing.  Not quite sure if he was injured or had some kind of backstage problem or what but  yeah they need to get him going again.

Of course I said the same thing about Wade Barrett a few months ago and now look at the push he got.  Hopefully Ziggler isn't too far behind.

My Backlog

Splat

Ziggler just had a great match with freaking Batista of all people on Smackdown. You would think that it would open some eyes of the powers that be but it won't. The guy has a good look he puts on great matches and is decent on the mic.

I don't know what else the guy has to do?

Edited on by Splat

Splat

A live episode of NXT is getting ready to start in about an hour...

NXT Championship Match
- Adrian Neville © vs. Tyson Kidd

NXT Women's Championship Match
- Charlotte w/Ric Flair vs. Natalya w/Bret Hart

No. 1 Contender Match for NXT Championship
- Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze

NXT Tag Team Championship Match
- The Ascension vs. El Local & Kalisto

Singles Match
- Adam Rose vs. Camacho

Edited on by Splat

Kage_88
SimonAdebisi

Funaki!!!

INDEED.

In regards to Ziggler, I think the reason why he's in the doghouse is because he said something in an interview last year that pissed WWE off. I'm not sure what it was, though.

Feel free to add me!

Splat
Splat

A live episode of NXT is getting ready to start in about an hour...

NXT Championship Match
- Adrian Neville © vs. Tyson Kidd

NXT Women's Championship Match
- Charlotte w/Ric Flair vs. Natalya w/Bret Hart

No. 1 Contender Match for NXT Championship
- Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze

NXT Tag Team Championship Match
- The Ascension vs. El Local & Kalisto

Singles Match
- Adam Rose vs. Camacho

This was really good. Charlotte vs Natalya was one of the best Diva matches I have seen in along time. I can't pick a favorite between Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze or Adrian Neville vs Tyson Kidd both were outstanding.

Edited on by Splat

Splat

My predictions...

Evolution over The Shield (Sadly)

John Cena over Bray Wyatt (meh, SuperCena and what not.)

Bad News Barrett over Rob Van Dam (I'm afraid I got some bad news RVD.)

Cesaro over Sheamus (King of Swing )

Paige over Alicia Fox (I hope.)

El Torito over Hornswoggle (I don't really care.)

Confused_Dude

Going to try and get round to watching Payback this evening, but if you guys haven't seen NXT Takeover yet, it was AWESOME.

Staff Writer. Former Push Square Video Editor and Podcast Editor.

PSN: Confused_Dude | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.