Forums

Topic: Slim PS3 HDD Upgrade Question

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

KidRyan

I was just wondering if it would be worth it for me to pay extra for a 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, or am I better off just grabbing a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD for my PS3?

Note: I rarely download/install anything from PSN (prefer physical/retail copies whenever possible).

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

MadchesterManc
ToddlerNaruto

I was just wondering if it would be worth it for me to pay extra for a 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, or am I better off just grabbing a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD for my PS3?

Note: I rarely download/install anything from PSN (prefer physical/retail copies whenever possible).

It's probably not worth going for the 7200RPM as you wont really notice the speed boost much with not installing or playing many digital games, you may notice a slight boost on the XMB tho (I did when I swapped out my nephews). A decent 5400RPM drive would give a boost anyway over the standard drive if it had a higher cache etc. Then again 1TB may be a little moot too if thats the case as you won't make use of the extra space unless you pack the drive with music & movies. Such dilemma It may just be best to go with a 1TB if its cheaper, especially if its a decent brand as you'll get a slight boost in speed anyway plus it gives you more breathing space with regards to storage

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

KidRyan
MadchesterManc
ToddlerNaruto

It's probably not worth going for the 7200 RPM as you won't really notice the speed boost much with not installing or playing many digital games, you may notice a slight boost on the XMB though (I did when I swapped out my nephews). A decent 5400 RPM drive would give a boost anyway over the standard drive if it had a higher cache etc. Then again 1TB may be a little moot too if that's the case as you won't make use of the extra space unless you pack the drive with music & movies. Such dilemma . It may just be best to go with a 1TB if it.s cheaper, especially if its a decent brand as you'll get a slight boost in speed anyway plus it gives you more breathing space with regards to storage

Thanks mate. I guess I'll purchase the 1TB Toshiba 5400 RPM HDD I saw for $60 New on Amazon.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.