Forums

Topic: PS4 Watch Dogs PAX East 2014 The Downgrade???

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

banacheck

Obviously the 2012 Vertical Slice E3 Watch Dogs demo was running on a PC and i'm sure Ubisoft later on even confirmed that, but in 2013 thay did release more footage which was running on a PS4 Dev Kit. So for argument sake this is when the downgrade happened and not in 2014 as the internet would have you believe, a year too late. It was Gamespot footage of Watch Dogs that started the whole downgrade thing off. Anyway PAX East 2014 and as confirmed by Jonathan Morin on Twitter, the in-game footage was captured from a PS4 Dev Kit. It's around 4 minutes of off screen gameplay thats been posted on YouTube and other gaming forums, and graphics wise it has definitely not been downgraded from the 2013 PS4 Dev Kit footage. It's night time raining footage and it does look excellent with the train passing overhead casting lights on the street below as the carnage unfolds, the lights reflections on the rain soaked streets. There is a part where he zooms in as he is shooting you can even see the rain particles falling in front of you, he is at a set of traffic lights and by hacking the traffic lights he cause a crash. Like the one from the 2012 E3 footage the one thay were calling scripted, as this gameplay shows it's all totally unscripted. It also looks like thay've added and changed some things, the weapons wheel looks slightly different to me. Its now has somthing in the middle of it which i'm sure wasn't there before, and the icons look slightly bigger. Thay've added a way marker yellow arrows which display on the ground and on the mini map, which again i'm sure wasn't there before. Remember this is off screen footage on YouTube and the graphics look far better than one other set of footage i've seen, going off the 2013 PS4 Dev Kit footage this is definitely not a downgrade.

banacheck

ShogunRok

It's really a case where we're just going to have to wait and see. It certainly isn't going to look as good as that original gameplay we saw at E3 2012, but you might be right about that 2013 showing.

It's also worth pointing out that myself and Sammy saw a live demo of Watch Dogs running on PS4 at the Eurogamer Expo last September. It was incredibly rough compared to what was promised, and Sammy wrote a rather disappointed preview about it https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/09/ … ogs_on_ps4.

Still, it's clearly better than what we saw back then, but again, it'll be interesting to see how it fares next month.

Edited on by ShogunRok

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

Really looking forward to this game, but Ubisoft seems so cagey with it, it's getting quite worrying.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

Scollurio

I remember when I read about the lineup of Ubisoft, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed, that RPG thingy, Rayman, The Devision, The Crew and I am sure I forgot a few. I was thinking "what the livin' hell, how big are they?" - I do know that they consist of different studios, but still, my first thought was that this tight lineup is never going to workout, and so far, the signs are there that I was right. Delays and lack of quality across the board. I just hope The Crew doesn't disappoint, I was never interested in Watchdogs, would play it though, if it has a gripping story. And The Devision, well better get THAT right Ubi...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

JJ2
Scollurio

I remember when I read about the lineup of Ubisoft, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed, that RPG thingy, Rayman, The Devision, The Crew and I am sure I forgot a few. I was thinking "what the livin' hell, how big are they?" - I do know that they consist of different studios, but still, my first thought was that this tight lineup is never going to workout, and so far, the signs are there that I was right. Delays and lack of quality across the board. I just hope The Crew doesn't disappoint, I was never interested in Watchdogs, would play it though, if it has a gripping story. And The Devision, well better get THAT right Ubi...

Yea they sure are big and you can add Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed...
I think there s not much point in a debate about the graphics in Watchdogs since its a cross gen game I wouldnt expect too much but still seems a great game. Lots of overhype because people expected an 'next gen' game when it was never the case and some confusion about PC footage which obviously is better.
On the other The division is the real 'next gen' game people should expect more and I hope it holds its promises. Sounds a bit different since the trailer was shown as PS4 footage if Im not wrong?
My very humble opinion.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

banacheck

PlayStation Access is doing a week of Watch Dogs starting this week, brand new gameplay footage & a ton of info.

banacheck

Demi_God

I think the game looks really, really good.  I have it on pre-order and I'm going to play the hell out of it on the PS4. I honestly don't see why people are saying it's a huge downgrade when they've basically only have shown the night time part of the game.  Since you have more lights and reflection from puddles, it's going to look awesome no matter what.   This game has different times of day, so the afternoon will probably be really bright.   The majority of good looking videos I've seen were all during the evening and at night.  like in real life, there is much more colored lighting during dusk and everything pops at night while it's really bright during the day because of the sun. 

Either way, the game looks amazing.

Demi_God

banacheck

Watch Dogs PS4 Controls.
watch_dogs_dualshock_4.jpg

Watch Dogs - 9 Minute Multiplayer Gameplay Demo.

Creative director Jonathan Morin also revealed on Twitter that the trailer was captured from the PS4 version. "For everyone asking for the online video of #WatchDogs – Yes it was captured on a PS4 devkit (same pipeline as the others) cheers!"

banacheck

Demi_God

So, when you are playing the normal game, others can invade your game?   If so, that would be freakin sweet.

Demi_God

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.