Forums

Topic: The end of PS MOVE?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

opal

Source: Amazon

From Amazon's Product Details

Product Details
Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
ASIN: B002I0J51U
Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 5.3 x 0.6 inches ; 2 pounds
Media: Accessory
Release Date: September 17, 2010
Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (100 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > PlayStation 3 > Hardware > Controllers
Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes

Seems like Sony is discontinuing the PS Move controller. What does this mean?

opal

Weskerb

I'm sure it's a simple mistake. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Weskerb

din_djinn

Hah!  Can one even buy a Move controller from Amazon.com online?  I've been trying to for over a month, but they're always sold out.  (Or their associate retailers have jacked the price way up)

If it's not a mistake, perhaps Sony is changing the SKU for some reason.

din_djinn

James

I'm in the process of investigating. More as it happens!

James

GiggleFish

There's no way this isn't a simple mistake or a SKU change.  There's too much invested in the move to give up within a year.

GiggleFish

Slapshot
GiggleFish

There's no way this isn't a simple mistake or a SKU change.  There's too much invested in the move to give up within a year.

My exact thoughts on this issue. They have been developing Move since the PS2 era, no way they would drop all that hard work in a few months time, especially when it's selling really well, and third parties are on board big time.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

PSN: crossed23 | Twitter:

lipnox

wow I really cant believe this is such a big deal. sony would have announced they are discontinuing move if they were. plus with Killzone 3, Little big planet 2 move support, and heroes on the move so close it would be dumb to discontinue the controller required to play the games.

Same as always. All bark, and no bite!

GiggleFish

I think we can all agree to call shenanigans on this story and move on.

GiggleFish

James

Shenanigans!

Still listed as discontinued, though. Probably switching to a new barcode/SKU, I would have thought.

James

RavenDeschain

I have heard about people having a few problems with it. Do you think it could be so that Sony can improve it?

Play until you drop!

KALofKRYPTON
RavenDeschain

I have heard about people having a few problems with it. Do you think it could be so that Sony can improve it?

The only problems with Move come down to the software/developers, as with Kinect. The hardware is spot on, and when used properly provides a great experience- see Sports Champions, The Fight, Heavy Rain, Tumble, EyePet. When it's not, then there are indeed issues- see Time Crisis: Razing Storm, The Shoot, HOTD Overkill.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

coroum

A turkish game named Quadratum Mortis with sword fights for move is being developed or is dead too?

coroum

Firejonie

I doubt it's discontinued. The Wonderbook is going to use it so it can't be discontinued between now and a few months after the Wonder Book launches.

Firejonie

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.