Forums

Topic: the DIABLO III Reaper of Souls PS4 thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 404

Scollurio

Hello folks,
since the game has released on the PC today I wondered when we will finally see it on PS4. Lets start the speculation leading up to the launch. I personally can't wait to play it, I always was a big Diablo fan but having seen the beta of Diablo 3 on PC back in the day I just skipped it. I think many of you know what was wrong with Diablo 3 on PC (almost everything) but since I heard its coming for consoles and then later played the demo for PS3 I told myself to wait for Ps4 release. I really loved the controls, the loot system, no auction house. Good old Diablo and I can live with the changes they made to leveling and skill-trees. So Im really stoked now to finally play a BRAND NEW GAME to me, that is Diablo III since I never played much more than act 1 in the beta and the demo on PS3. Anyone else stoked for it?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

NathanUC

I really really hated the PC control system so I never ended up buying it. I thought the PS3 version was over hyped and over priced, but I'll probably still grab the PS4 version just for the couch coop once it drops below $40.

It kinda depends when it actually comes out too. With Destiny, Drive Club, Watch_Dogs, FFXIV, FFXV, and possible Deep Down, it's got some steep competition. If it came be released during another dry spell like Tomb Raider was, it will easily win my money.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Reverend_Skeeve

Never played Diablo on PC, but I like action-loot-RPGs and, like you, I played the demo on PS3, liked it and decided to wait for the PS4 version. So yes, I'm quite looking forward to this one, although it's most probably not a day 1 for me, there's just too many other games that interest me more. Like NathanUC, I'd only buy this full price when it drops into the middle of a dry spell and I have a lot of extra money around.

But sometimes down the line, I'll get this, when it's cheap and/or used.

Reverend_Skeeve

Scollurio

I had the idea that its coming out not too far after PC version, maybe like early april. I would probably mostly play it with a mate on weekend couch coop so it wouldn't interfere with the rest of my gaming, but yeah Im also pretty much "booked out" with dark souls 1 (waiting for dark souls 2 to come to ps4, and yeah, it WILL come) still replaying the last of us here and there and of course there is that dreaded thing called real life. Self-employment is a really fullfilling (i.e. stealing all your time) endeavor...

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

MadchesterManc

The Ps4 release of Diablo 3 is one of my most anticipated Ps4 releases. The Ps3 version sounded like an improvement over the PC playability wise, so Im holding out for that graphical boost the game should have on Ps4 with the gameplay tweaks of the previous release. I hear it will also include DLC on Ps4, is that the case?

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Tasuki

I believe that it shouldn't be as long as the wait was for Diablo III to come from PC to console.  I saw that last November during Blizzcon they had demo stations set up for Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 and it looked very very good.  I also heard that they will be revealing more info on it at PAX so I am going to say maybe a late Summer/early Fall release.

As for wanting this game oh yeah I will be picking this game up for sure. I have the PC version of Diablo III but really the only reason I got was cause I got it for free cause of that World of Warcraft deal they did.  Like a few of you I am not big on the control scheme, preferring a controller over the mouse and keyboard.  Also another big factor I can play a coop game with my son without needing another console .

Honestly thought I think Reaper of Souls will be more of a game changer for the PC version, since the console didn't have to many problems compared to the PC version. 

And for all of you who do have it on PS3 Blizzard has said that Reaper of Souls will come to the PS3 and Xbox 360 (I am thinking as DLC) and if you still want the PS4 they also said that you will be able to transfer your characters from the PS3 version to the PS4 one.

But yeah going to be picking this one up day one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat
Tasuki

And for all of you who do have it on PS3 Blizzard has said that Reaper of Souls will come to the PS3 and Xbox 360 (I am thinking as DLC) and if you still want the PS4 they also said that you will be able to transfer your characters from the PS3 version to the PS4 one.

That would be freaking awesome if the made it available as DLC for PS3. I really want it but I don't want to buy the whole game again just for the expansion.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

@Splat:  I honestly can see them doing it as DLC, either as downloadable or on a physical kinda like Borderlands 2 or GTA IV.  I mean after all that is how the PC owners are getting it if they own the previous version.  I think the only reason they are doing an Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 is because the first part never came to PS4.  Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they also did an Ultimate Evil Edition on PS3/Xbox 360 for those who have never played it or did but traded in their copies, again kinda like how Borderlands 2 has a GOTY edition.

My Backlog

Victor_Meldrew

Yeah, not fussed about this at all really. I'd only be interested in a vita version and that ain't gonna happen.

Victor_Meldrew

Scollurio
SimonAdebisi

Yeah, not fussed about this at all really. I'd only be interested in a vita version and that ain't gonna happen.

Remoteplay!

#supportindies

Splat

I just watched the review for the PC version on IGN and Adventure mode sounds awesome...

Tasuki

Yeah I have been playing the PC version alot the past few days, I dont have the expansion yet, but I notice a big difference with the loot drops and the difficulty.  I do get more class specified loot dropped now that the auction houses are closed down and it does feel more like the console version, still though I rather use a controller then a mouse and keyboard.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So the release date is here for the PS4 version.  Which is in August I believe.  Looking really forward to this.  Anyone else look forward to Diablo III on the PS4?

My Backlog

Scollurio

Sure, I've got it on my radar ever since I heard there will be an improved console versions (the first version of it on PC, how it launched, was abysmal). So I can't wait for 27th of August. Wished it was earlier though as not soon afterwards there's Destiny and a few other big games coming. Decisions, decisions.

#supportindies

Tasuki
Scollurio

Sure, I've got it on my radar ever since I heard there will be an improved console versions (the first version of it on PC, how it launched, was abysmal). So I can't wait for 27th of August. Wished it was earlier though as not soon afterwards there's Destiny and a few other big games coming. Decisions, decisions.

HA I know what you mean, although I think I am going to go with Diablo III cause my son and I have been wanting to play that one for a long time now.

My Backlog

Splat

I was hoping Reaper of Souls would be made available as DLC for PS3 but it doesn't sound like that is going to happen.

I really didn't want to have to buy the whole game again but at least it's going to be $40 instead of $60 on PS3.

It is supposed to have it's own trophy list I believe. That would be a nice extra incentive for me since I only have one more trophy to get on the regular version.

Tasuki

Loving the PS4 exclusive content stuff, like TLoU and the Shadow of Colossus armor sets.  August can't get here soon enough.

My Backlog

Gamer83

August looks pretty solid. I'm definitely getting that inFamous: First Light, never really played too much Diablo but you can get into 3 without having really followed the 1 and 2 right? If that's the case I'm very tempted by this because everybody I know who played it tells me I have to get it.

Gamer83

Tasuki
Gamer83

August looks pretty solid. I'm definitely getting that inFamous: First Light, never really played too much Diablo but you can get into 3 without having really followed the 1 and 2 right? If that's the case I'm very tempted by this because everybody I know who played it tells me I have to get it.

Yeah you can get into Diablo III without playing 1 or 2.  I never played them 2 besides a couple hours worth of the PS port of Diablo and that was so long ago I dont remember too much about it, and I have been enjoying the PC version of Diablo III alot.  If you like dungeon crawler loot based games then you will enjoy D3 alot.  Also from what others have been telling me the expansion only makes it better.  I don't know that though since I dont have RoS yet due to money reasons and honestly I want to experience it with my son and we can only do that on the home console version.

My Backlog

Gamer83

Cool, to be completely honest, I've never really been a huge fan of the dungeon crawler genre but I also haven't really given many games in the genre a chance either. I want to try something different, this seems like something I could maybe get into if I really take the time and the PS exclusive content is a nice little bonus.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.