Forums

Topic: Left Behind - Spoiler Discussion

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Scollurio

To not s(p)oil the other big thread to TLOU,
share your opinions/experiences here.

I have to say I fully enjoyed it and ND just continued to bring the awesome. One thing was a little odd though, in the whole main game I never ever tought that Ellie was sexualized, being a young girl I think ND really handled it with care to not make her a typical video game trope. I always felt like it was my duty to protect something like my daughter. In the DLC though, I found it a bit odd that - to me - Ellie was given lots of "girlishness" and a tad of sexy. Yes, the innocent kind of sexy and I am not offended or anything, but it started with her wearing the least in all of her adventures, almost showing some pre-puberty side-boob here and there. Then that one comment, actually about her boobs? Sprinkling water at each other, and then in the photo booth, you could clearly feel the romance, especially, later too with the kiss... I mean, its as always brilliant storytelling and top notch acting, I totally enjoyed the joyful tone and the interaction of those girls that at no time felt "acted" or out of place to me as a whole. I think it was done in such a delicate way that i was nice to see the most innocent sort of love blossom im a young girl, even though it contradicts the portrayal of Ellie's character in the main game. Also it does underline the hardships she had to go through and further emphasis the shift in personality she experiences after all the adventures in the main game, from a cheerful young girl to a roughened up survivor.

Hm.
Well again Im not offended or anything and I still think ND handled the portrayal of a growing-up-girl wonderfully elegant, still I felt a bit like a dad realizing his little girl is growing up. Anyone else felt like this?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Splat

The girlishness had more to do with her being around her BFF and just being able to be her self IMO.

She couldn't or wouldn't act like that around Joel or anyone else. She let's her guard down around Riley which was really cool to see.

I didn't really take it as ND trying to make her "sexy" just more comfortable in her own skin.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Scollurio
Splat

The girlishness had more to do with her being around her BFF and just being able to be her self IMO.

She couldn't or wouldn't act like that around Joel or anyone else. She let's her guard down around Riley which was really cool to see.

I didn't really take it as ND trying to make her "sexy" just more comfortable in her own skin.

Hmm nice take on the theme of the DLC really.
I probably am too rotten by society already for mistaking "being herself, guard down" with "slightly sexier tone" or I don't know.
One way or another it was brilliantly handled and a true delight of DLC, going to play through it multiple times to get all those trophies!

The next uncharted, even though not directly comparable by genre, will have a really hard time living up to this type of quality imho.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Splat

Yeah, I loved the DLC. My two favorite parts was messing around in the costume/Halloween shop and Ellie playing the arcade game with Riley doing the play by play just awesome.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Fire-and-Water

I think it's a backwards, patronizing business mentality in general. It's a sex-obsessed culture, and there's no breaking out of that loophole. People think it's profound and liberating, and they eat it up. The more that happens the less lines you're gonna have to blur to get a scene from Idiocracy.

Also, the writing was mediocre. I saw the story arc coming in a cab on 18th street. People are forgetting it's a friggin' zombie game! I thought the characters were harrible. Ellie had harrible lines, and a harrible personality. Am I the only one on this? Probably. She was pretty much a filthy-mouthed, dumb version of Stewie Griffin minus the comedic intent with a different accent. You play a hired gun who speaks in one word sentences, coupled with the charm of one of the rapist flesh eaters from The Book of Eli. The rest of cast is mostly deranged hillbillies. If it was well-written this is what the Ellie-Jak2 story will look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3wLG5DwFN0

Fire-and-Water

Scollurio
Fire-and-Water

I think it's a backwards, patronizing business mentality in general. It's a sex-obsessed culture, and there's no breaking out of that loophole. People think it's profound and liberating, and they eat it up. The more that happens the less lines you're gonna have to blur to get a scene from Idiocracy.

Also, the writing was mediocre. I saw the story arc coming in a cab on 18th street. People are forgetting it's a friggin' zombie game! I thought the characters were harrible. Ellie had harrible lines, and a harrible personality. Am I the only one on this? Probably. She was pretty much a filthy-mouthed, dumb version of Stewie Griffin minus the comedic intent with a different accent. You play a hired gun who speaks in one word sentences, coupled with the charm of one of the rapist flesh eaters from The Book of Eli. The rest of cast is mostly deranged hillbillies. If it was well-written this is what the Ellie-Jak2 story will look like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3wLG5DwFN0

Did you even play the main game? It's a bit more than "a zombie" game. You saw the story arc coming? Really? Well everything except the kiss (which was obvious halfway through) was already well known from the main game and Ellies additional lines of text. While I agree that the dialogue was a bit better in the main game, what did you expect? Naughty Dog portrayed 2 young girls at the start of their teenages in a horrible post apocalyptic world. Did you ever fool around or have you ever been a kid? I think it was shown in a very good way that Ellie still has a long way to become the bitter survivor she becomes in the main game. She is a kid, she does silly stuff with her best friend. Outside of the conversations with Riley there wasn't much dialogue for her anyways except the random insult for one of the hunters, what did you expect there? Shakespeare?

No personal offense but I think what you expected from the game as a whole and what it really is differs in a big way and you're probably better off with something like Dying Light, which IS a proper zombiegame.

#supportindies

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.