Forums

Topic: ADVICE: Should I get a vita

Posts 1 to 20 of 36

SethPuddle

Hi, I've been debating for a couple of days now if I should get a PS Vita or not. a lot of people don't have many good things to say but I have a high interest in the handheld. I thought I would ask here. what are the pros and what are the cons?. the library seems to be growing which is great, but advice would be appreciated. thanks.

also, does it integrate with the ps4 like it said it would? like off screen play, etc.etc. ?

SethPuddle

PSN: Sunny_Shores

Gamer83

Can't really say anything  about the PS4 interaction because I haven't tried remote play or any of that, but as for the Vita itself I'd say it's absolutely worth it. Got a nice varied library from games that portray a home console-like experience to ones designed for the traditional pick-up-and-play handheld exerience and the indie lineup is fantastic.The only negative about the Vita imo is the pricing on  memory cards, $80 is ridiculous for 32GB but if you can afford it, the Vita is a great system.

Gamer83

SethPuddle

$80 for a memory card. that's a bit much. is it necessary or can I manage without?

SethPuddle

Jaz007

You will have to manage what downloadable games you have the system, but you will get by with an 8GB alright. If you plan to go physical, then the Plus games will be your only memory concerns, but if you don't and don't plan to do Plus, then you won't have any memory concerns.

Jaz007

Epic

@Sunnychores You can live without it but if you plan to get PS+ or download alot of digital games you are going to need to be constantly deleting stuff/games from your Vita.

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

Scollurio

Hello mate. I was in the same boat a few months back. Guess what? I got a Vita and never looked back. I try to sum the Vita up as quickly and neatly as possible all from my personal experience:

PROS:
- power power power, that little thing has it
- the OLED display of the original Vita is stunning
- 2 analogue sticks (not like the 3DS that has only one)
- brilliant games if you don't need a TOP release every week
- niche games that hardly make it to any other system
- loyal fanbase
- PS4 integration so far works wonderfully as expected
- you can easily stream your music, pictures and videos (even H264 MP4) from your PC or MAC to the Vita over Wifi, awesome for bedtime watching
- lately getting awesome ports and Sony is pushing to make it more popular

CONS:
- my hands get a bit numb after extended play sessions (easily fixed by shaking them a bit)
- memory cards are expensive
- third party support is moot

Thats all i can say about it. At the bottom line I really love it. Games like Uncharted Golden Abyss, Toukiden, Killzone Mercenary, Mortal Kombat, Persona 4 and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal really keep me well entertained, add all the multimedia functions it has and you got yourself a true contender for your sparetime. You can even easily use your vita as a media player and/or tablet/webbrowser (not as elegant as a dedicated device but the browser aint that bad). And yeah there's also a youtube app...

If you have further questions, just ask!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

SethPuddle

@Scollurio

i'm liking thos pros. the cons are manageable. i'll prob just end up dropping the money for a memory card because I DO plan on downloading a lot as a psplus member. I also  like having a diverse library on the go. and the streaming music etc. from your pc is something I didn't know and love immensely. I think I may just go for it.

SethPuddle

Scollurio

@SunnyShores if you plan to get any of those games:

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
- Toukiden
- Killzone Mercenary
- Borderlands 2 (when its out)

and want to play them online with someone, please add me as a friend, PSN is same as username here.

Also, if you want a game that truly and fully justifies your VITA-purchase, get TEARAWAY, I cannot stress often enough what GEM that game is. If a game is tailor-made for the Vita its TEARAWAY. Im 99% sure you'll love it!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

SethPuddle

i'll add you when i get the vita. honestly, the reason i want the vita was because of tearaway

SethPuddle

Scollurio

Friendslist is across the whole Playstation family. Add me on whichever system you want, it will be the same friends list across all consoles!
Ah good man, Tearaway rocks so hard!

#supportindies

Scollurio

Awesome, glad to have you on my FL!

#supportindies

Sanquine
SunnyShores

I'm excited for it. i'll add you. my name is the same here

Be smart and get persona 4 golden and Ys memories of celceta. Guarantee you have 100+ hours of fun

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

LzWinky

Vita is good for some indie titles and niche support like JRPGs

Current games: Everything on Switch

Victor_Meldrew

After the Dreamcast its my fave console ever. Just buy it n try stuff out. I've had mine just about three months and I've already amassed a backlog of 20+ games. A bit silly really.

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

moomoo

The only real con is the memory card prices. I say to just deal with it and get the 32 GB. Once you get it, you'll be able to take full advantage of the insane value of playstation plus, which makes up for it. That, and it just feels really good to play games on it. The digital-only library of Vita games is top-notch stuff, with some of the best indie games on it now and to come. Lots of PSP and PS1 games too, and it looks like there will be a lot of JRPG support in the future.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

Squiggle55

The Vita is simply a fantastic piece of hardware. From day 1 it has been my go-to handheld. I simply can't help but pick it up first. Even though I have a gigantic backlog of amazing Nintendo games on my 3DS, I still pick up my Vita first. And I keep buying these indie games I've never heard of and playing whatever PS+ gives me instead of working on my 3DS backlog, because I like playing on the Vita.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

turtlelink
Unca_Lz

Vita is good for some indie titles and niche support like JRPGs

Yea pretty much this and if you'd like to prefer PS3 games on a portable device.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.