Forums

Topic: Repeat installs?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

C-Olimar

Hi, I recently bought a PS3 off a friend. It had a couple of games downloaded to it.
There is a PSOne game... I install it, it says install complete, sends me back to the menu and when I select it again, it still wants me to install! I've tried this a few times.

I have the same problem with the DLC in Skyrim Legendary Edition.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

There is also one called Dust 514... I selected that and it crashed my system. Anyone know the deal with that?

C-Olimar

daveisbored

RE: the constantly wanting you to install problem
It might just be that it's installed somewhere else. As a PS3-newbie myself I had something similar happen. Scroll through your game list and you should see it. The installation file can be deleted once you're sure the game is on your system.

Edited on by daveisbored

daveisbored

Twitter:

C-Olimar

Thanks, I think it's also the case with the Skyrim DLC that the install file is seperate from the actual game file. So even though it lets me install it multiple times I don't actually have to...

C-Olimar

Fire-and-Water

You kidding? That's really an average thing to happen with PS3s. Try restarting or if it's the phat one just kick it a couple of times.

What to expect: Constant crashing while browsing the internet. Applications with similar issues. Constant updates.

It does everything.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ … p/37322987

Edited on by Fire-and-Water

Fire-and-Water

Victor_Meldrew

I have no idea, perhaps need to activate as your primary ps3 console?

Victor_Meldrew

C-Olimar

I'm new to PS so I had no idea what to expect. Hopefully I get used to it. Wish my internet was faster though. The Wii U seems to have more extensive background download/install options, plus you can set it to search every hour or so for new updates. Could use something like that on this; it takes about 20 minutes to download 36MB of data!

C-Olimar

Squiggle55

I've never had that issue. You aren't talking about downloading the game and then having to install it after that are you? Or perhaps you install the game from the install "bubble" and then after it's installed you need to launch the game from the actual game file that is created after install, not the same install bubble that you tried before.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

C-Olimar

Yeah, I figured out the install bubble system in the end. I'm not sure how the Skyrim DLC works, but I'm pretty sure it's been applied to my game.

C-Olimar

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.