Forums

Topic: Need advice on a fighting game for Vita

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Scollurio

Hey folks, need some advice.
I really want a fighting game on my Vita but from all the choices I am not sure what would fit me best. I am a big Mortal Kombat fan and the game does look great on the Vita. Only, I have it already on PS3 so I am not sure if I'll feel a burnout or something. I think I'd also be open for something new. I am not that type of fighting guy who will learn FRAMES of animations and make an ART of fighting (pun intended). I've read that BazBlue games are quite complex so maybe that's out of the question. I am also not sure if I like the overall BOOBISH presentation of Dead or Alive 5. So, what options do I still have? Please share your experiences!

Thanks in advance!

(I might end up with MK after all, which is fine, but I want to evaluate all the options out there)

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Gamer83

I'd recommend Mortal Kombat or, if you're a DC fan, Injustice: Gods Among Us. If you're a Plus member, Street Fighter X Tekken will be free in Feb. I own the first two games and I've played SFxT, all are great choices and I think Injustice is on sale right now for $21 on PSN, or at least it was as of last night. Great deal for a game with tons of content.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

ShogunRok

It's true that BlazBlue can be incredibly complex, but it's worth noting that they do feature a "stylish" setting which allows you to pull off more advanced combos with just a few button presses, rather than having to learn the full inputs. If you're looking for single player content, it's worth a shot if you can live with using the previously mentioned control method.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

Blazblue is excellent, and absolutely worth sinking time in to.
MK is great, but looks a little bit ropey compared to the PS3 version, it plays the same though.
SFXT is actually, pretty amazing. If you like the SFIV engine, then you'll be right at home with it. It looks and plays very well.
I find, in fighting games, there's as much depth as you want to find. There's always someone out there counting frames.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Victor_Meldrew

I didn't like blazblue but then I didn't make time for it. I'll come back to it eventually for another shot. I absolutely love mortal kombat on the vita. Still my favourite game so far. I want very much injustice gods among us. Can anyone recommend the soul calibur PSP game on the vita, is it any good?

Victor_Meldrew

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.