Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 501 to 520 of 613

nessisonett

Tried Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Extreme Survivor mode that makes you only save at campfires. Unfortunately the beginning of the game features several insta-kill set pieces before any sort of checkpoint. Suffice to say after losing 30 minutes of progress after a rock landing on my head, I restarted the entire game on a lower difficulty.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

KratosMD

Started playing Braid with Xbox Game Pass and it's a lovely game thus far! It's clear though that the game doesn't want you to 100% all the levels on your first run, as there are puzzle pieces everywhere you cannot get until you unlock new abilities (I'm assuming). It's also cool that you can't die in this game since there's a rewind feature. But the best thing about that is that it's actually integrated into the gameplay. For example, some platforms won't revert to their original spots even if you rewind time. This makes for some excellent puzzles!

Can't wait to play more of this game!

KratosMD

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett Had you played before starting on the Extreme mode? 😲

@KratosMD Braid looks really nice! I'll remember to recommend it to my mate at work with Game Pass.

I've continued the Uncharted play through and finished a run through Golden Abyss tonight.

I'd forgotten a lot of the game having only been through it once on release.
It does hold up as a rilliant handheld Uncharted experience, the atmosphere, story, script and performances all hit the right marks. Gameplay does suffer a little for being on Vita; the generally imprecise nature of Uncharted games carries over to the handheld and there are several moments of frustration along the way - but it is thoroughly Uncharted.

On to Uncharted 4 next 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nessisonett

@KALofKRYPTON I’d just finished the first rebooted Tomb Raider and I like a challenge so the Extreme Survivor mode was tempting. It’s really badly implemented though, the campfires are quite unevenly spread out.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

LaJettatura

Watchdogs 2

Not a gear up for Legion at all, but a second time through is just as fun as the first. The 3D printer lets you make some cool gear. Your Phone is the key to unlimited possibilities. As with Hitman you have to take out the manbun guy...

LaJettatura

KratosMD

Been playing a lot of My Friend Pedro and Super Lucky's Tale on Xbox One. I'm almost done with Pedro, so I'm looking at completing it soon. In the meantime, I decided to start up Lucky since I've been in a mood to play a platformer. This game seriously doesn't mess around, it's a really difficult to play and the controls can be quite finicky to get used to. I rage quit as early as the first level, lol. But I decided to give it another try and I managed to complete the first world at least. I'm definitely not going to try and collect everything like I usually do in platformers. But I'm going to try and finish the game at least.

Next game I'm going to be trying on Game Pass is Snake Pass (fittingly named, lol). I've been on the fence on getting this game so instead, I think I'll just try it out on the service instead of buying it. Also, it's apparently on its way out in the Game Pass so I should hurry and try it ASAP.

KratosMD

LaJettatura

@KratosMD Did you enjoy My Friend Pedro? I thought is was a great game had a lot of fun, fresh different gameplay, especially later levels...

LaJettatura

KratosMD

@LaJettatura It definitely surprised me with how great it was. I just decided to boot it up on a whim and I was met with an extremely fun game with lots of varied levels and addicting (as well as cool) gameplay. So yeah, I really enjoyed my time with it, it's definitely an indie game one shouldn't miss out on experiencing at least once!

KratosMD

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Lucky's Tale isn't difficult to play :')

Although, if you're playing the Xbox version, I heard that sucks compared to the Switch version in terms of controls and camera.

Great game I thought, love the music too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Yeah the Xbox version isn't good at all compared to the Switch version. I played a demo of the Switch game and it was fantastic! Played the same level on Xbox and I kept dying, lol. You don't have full camera movement and Lucky doesn't come to a complete standstill when you let go of the control stick. Since some of the later levels really require precision jumping, it can get quite frustrating.

But I've started getting used to the wonky controls and I'm liking the game more now. I did want to play the Switch version, but I can't find a physical copy anywhere, so I thought I might as well just play the game for free on Xbox One. I'm definitely not buying an Xbox One copy of the game, that's for sure lol.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Currently playing some more Super Lucky's Tale but also Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Finished world 2 in SLT and I liked this world way more than the first one. I honestly think this game is another case of game designers working on separate levels and not being able to make them coherent to each other. For example, the 3D platforming sections are totally fine, but the 2D side-scrolling ones are difficult as hell. Some bonus levels (that are separate from the main levels) are also ridiculously hard, while the puzzle levels are laughingly easy. It's like they assigned four completely different teams to work on each type of these levels and couldn't make the difficulty coherent. It's just all over the place. Oh and the reason why I liked world 2 more is because it had way fewer side-scrolling levels, lol.

Also started up Gears of War on Xbox One and man, I've seriously missed this series. I didn't realise that the XB1 version completely overhauled the graphics, the game looks and feels much better than the 360 version. Everything about this game is just fantastic. The gameplay feels so nice and responsive, not to mention satisfying. Getting kills with the Lancer Gun, Gnasher Shotgun and Frag Grenades just feels so good. And I can't forget the Hammer of Dawn! Boy have I missed this weapon.

Also forgot what a great cast of characters this game had. Marcus, Dom, Baird and freaking Cole Train man. Love these guys! They really make the story that much more enjoyable, which is already great in of itself. Lots of crazy stuff going on and it really is hard to stop playing once you start. Can't wait to play more (and rack up some achievements!) soon!

As a side note, it feels like I've been playing on my Xbox One more than I've ever done during the past five years I've owned it, lol.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Playing Snake Pass now on Xbox One and I really have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand it's incredibly charming with gorgeous levels and lots of collectibles to find. On the other hand, it's basically Snake Simulator, which makes for the most frustrating controls I've ever encountered in a game like this. There are so many different inputs to keep in mind when traversing the levels and more often than not, the snake does not perform the correct movements that you want it to do. This isn't an issue when you're simply collecting the three main collectibles of each level, but when you go for the optional ones, which are in hard to reach places. Every time I play a level, I'm always combating the controls as they feel like they're working against me. For example, I'm telling the snake to wrap around a pole in one direction and then he moves in the opposite and then falls to his death.

Not to mention that the levels crank up in difficulty really fast. You really need to know how to control the snake decently at the end of the first world, otherwise you're not even going to make it past the second one. And just to show how difficult this game is, based on the achievements, 78% managed to clear the first level, 39% the second one, 8% the first world and only 1.7% have cleared the second world. And there are still two more worlds to go, lol. With statistics like these, I think it's fair to say that something went wrong with this game. If not even 2% of the player base can get past the second world, then the game is just poorly designed. It could've probably been better if the developer didn't make it so difficult with the level design.

So I'm honestly just going to clear the rest of the game without focusing too much on getting the optional collectibles because at this point, the game is just frustrating to play and the developer really shouldn't have released it like this. It's not a well designed game at all.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Started playing Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360. I admit that I'm not a huge fan of CoD games but I have been interested in playing the campaigns of these games and so I bought Ghosts, Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 2 a while back. The story of Ghosts has been absolutely captivating thus far, I can't believe that it's this good. It's set in a post-apocalyptic world where South America has invaded North America. The game's opening sequence is set in space where hostile forces have invaded your space station and taken over a satellite that is able to shoot a laser beam from orbit. These forces decided to use this weapon against the Americans and destroyed a lot of the country's major cities, and that's how the war started.

Moreover, the gunplay is really tight and responsive, I can see why these games are so addicting to play. It just feels so satisfying and you feel like a pro even though you're still a newbie.

All in all the game is really fun and interesting so far and I can't believe that the only thing I knew about it was the dog memes when it was coming out back in 2013.

Untitled

The dog is actually a neat addition and you get to play as him a lot. Can't wait to play more of this game!

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

nessisonett

Been playing some Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou. It's reeeeally weird since it's the same guy that did LSD, one of my favourite games and one that I probably should have submitted for that box-art poll. Anyway, here's some 2007 footage that sums up Eastern Mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyDwfeYaDIM

Edited on by nessisonett

LaJettatura

Halo Master Chief Edition PC via Steam.

Having great time with the game. Will recommend for sure.

Can only play Halo Reach Campaign at this time Co op and MP, SP

It is dialed no hiccups so far...

I will confirm that cross play with xbox campaign co op and MP work without any issues or lag.

Only played 1 and 2 on PC before they decided to not release any other Halo games on the computer, and it's great to finally revisit new and reminisce...

LaJettatura

KratosMD

Been playing some more games on Xbox Game Pass lately. First I managed to finish world 3 in Super Lucky's Tale and also managed to collect all the clovers in it, which was a first. I seriously feel like this world was much easier than the previous one. Anyway, I'm at the last world right now so I'm hoping to beat the game during the weekend. It's becoming more fun the more I play, which is good.

Second I started up the Xbox 360 game Ninja Gaiden II which was recently added to Game Pass and I'm actually quite surprised at how fun it is! Granted it is quite difficult even on the easiest setting, but the linear levels along with the brutal sword-fighting has got me hooked. Will definitely be playing more of it soon, it's so good!

KratosMD

beavis64

world of tanks - i'm a long-time player.

beavis64

RogerRoger

Got my partner Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch) for Greetings Card Company Shareholder's Day and have been playing it (in short chunks) ever since. Its charm carries you through what is otherwise an insultingly-simple platformer, although I'm missing a lot of the optional collectibles (and when I say "missing" I don't mean "just running through and choosing to miss", but more of a genuine "Wait, there were six of them? Where the heck were the other three?!").

But given Nintendo's reputation for inventiveness and esoteric mechanics, I was expecting the crafted element to be a little more in-depth than a clever graphical style. There's no option to build solutions, or design anything with materials you find; it's just cute when you roll paper along the path in front of you, and enemies burst into confetti when you throw eggs at them.

Having no prior knowledge of Yoshi's games, perhaps my expectations were set too high. Rather than admire its cover from afar, all playing it has done is balance the scales in favour of the perception that Nintendo makes simplistic games for single-digit children.

Which is a shame, as I'd just started to shake that notion. Ah well.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

RogerRoger wrote:

...for Greetings Card Company Shareholder's Day...

I always called it Florist and Chocolatier Appreciation Day.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Celebration of People Getting Massacred Day

Or

Everything is Less Then Half Price the Next Day Day

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic