Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,982

Ralizah

@KratosMD I wasn't a huge fan of SMO until I got to the post-game content. The main campaign is a bit easy for my liking, but the huge amount of post-game content, and the exploration that went along with it, really made me appreciate its design more than I did previously.

Especially the hugely nostalgic Mushroom Kingdom.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yay! Another fan. We do exist!

And I say that as somebody who kinda hates touching the screen. I also play in the dark, so when it asked me to hold the PS Vita up to a light, I was more than a little inconvenienced. Regardless, it's a cracking game from start to finish, and a highlight in a series packed with highlights.

Gotta agree with practically everything you wrote. Glad you had fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Playing more of Disco Elysium. This game honestly blows my mind, it makes SCUMM look like kiddy play. Nothing has captured being a detective this well before, you really are in charge of your own destiny. I’m excited to see what you’ll all think when it comes to PS4.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett What is SCUMM?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder SCUMM is the engine LucasArts used in the 90s to create Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc. It was a revolutionary way to create adventure games at the time and now Disco Elysium has evolved on those concepts to create a truly new type of adventure based RPG.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oh yeah I remember now. It was referenced a lot in those games, like some kind of joke product placement.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

Fancied a little break from Uncharted this afternoon so threw OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast in the PS2.
Absolutely sublime game!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@nessisonett Have you played Obra Dinn? I thought it was amazing how it actually made me feel like a detective, albeit in a different way from Disco Elysium (which I have not played yet!)

Kidfried

themcnoisy

2 lads on the train helping each other on BOTW. Pretty cool. I want to join in but they might think I'm weird.

Plus I don't have our switch on me.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@Kidfried Oh yeah, Obra Dinn was absolutely fantastic, there’s just a great satisfaction to be had acting your inner Sherlock!

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy In similar circumstances, I once saw a couple kids playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss on PS Vita and they were stuck on a puzzle I knew quite well. Thanks to our dog-whistle culture of fear, I forced myself to stay put and just looked out of the window. Mercifully, they got it just before my station.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I reckon my red line would be seeing someone play Resogun or Rogue Legacy. Give me the switch Boys there's a pro coming through!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Yeah, if they'd have been playing something Star Wars, I might've stepped in, too!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@KratosMD I totally get what you mean about PQ. Personally I love the Etrian Odyssey games and like a good challenge in my RPGs but it was plain to see that it was gonna be a frustrating game for a lot of people.

Rudy_Manchego

Well I have spent most of my gaming time this weekend on Metroid Fusion on GBA and I had my first rage quit moment of the year (which was nice). There is a spider boss that can easily grab you and take 1/3rd of your health and when it does, it instantly grabs you again. Made some progress but boy oh boy was I terrible at this boss. Dreading going back to it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Phew - glad it wasn't just me! Feels out of keeping with most Metroid bosses which are normally all about weakness discovery. I can keep out of his way for a couple of rounds then always foul it up! Grrrrrr.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

nessisonett

Tried Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Extreme Survivor mode that makes you only save at campfires. Unfortunately the beginning of the game features several insta-kill set pieces before any sort of checkpoint. Suffice to say after losing 30 minutes of progress after a rock landing on my head, I restarted the entire game on a lower difficulty.

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett Had you played before starting on the Extreme mode? 😲

@KratosMD Braid looks really nice! I'll remember to recommend it to my mate at work with Game Pass.

I've continued the Uncharted play through and finished a run through Golden Abyss tonight.

I'd forgotten a lot of the game having only been through it once on release.
It does hold up as a rilliant handheld Uncharted experience, the atmosphere, story, script and performances all hit the right marks. Gameplay does suffer a little for being on Vita; the generally imprecise nature of Uncharted games carries over to the handheld and there are several moments of frustration along the way - but it is thoroughly Uncharted.

On to Uncharted 4 next 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nessisonett

@KALofKRYPTON I’d just finished the first rebooted Tomb Raider and I like a challenge so the Extreme Survivor mode was tempting. It’s really badly implemented though, the campfires are quite unevenly spread out.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Lucky's Tale isn't difficult to play :')

Although, if you're playing the Xbox version, I heard that sucks compared to the Switch version in terms of controls and camera.

Great game I thought, love the music too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic