Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 721 to 740 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Perfect timing on that Injustice shot of Bats taking down the Joker!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah that took a few goes i can tell you

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo The only mid-fight shot I've been brave enough to manage is this one:

Untitled

...because, as you'll know, time slows right down and there's a big build-up towards it, which made the timing easier (although it still took a few attempts).

I wouldn't even begin to try and grab what you grabbed. Very nice work!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger sometimes you have to do the same thing over and over to get just the right shot

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Noctis is now available on Dissidia Opera Omnia

Untitled
Untitled

RR529

Some more Spider-Man.

Why don't you hang out here for a bit?
Untitled

Being a hero isn't always glamorous.
Untitled

Talk about an Infinity Mess.
Untitled

Helping the police arrest some bikers.
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Awesome spidey shots! Are you gonna enter the PushSquare 2018 Screenshot Competition? There's a PS4 Community all set up and ready to go; submissions between the 10th and the 20th of December, any five screencaps you've taken this year, from any games.

Just one from me today.

"Well, this seems like a nice neighbourhood," he said obliviously.
Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

The adventure begins in Spyro: Reignited Trilogy...
Untitled

...with some awesome lighting to be seen along the way, of course.
Untitled

Gnasty Gnorc is about to be gno more...
Untitled

...and one more, just because I like the colours.
Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

Sonic Unleashed is now available to play on the XB1 via the BC program as a huge Sonic Fanboy this pleases me as my 360 is now completely dead

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

also i gave DC Universe Online a go on XB1 and emm, well

Untitled

i don't think this is how it's meant to look

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 i know, goodness knows what happened but the entire game was running like that, even quitting and restarting didn't do anything

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yaaaaaaaay, Sonic Unleashed! Awesome!

As for Superman, yikes...

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah but it doesn't happen on the PS4 version though which is strange

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Very strange. He's less "Man of Steel" and more "Man of Play-Dough".

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger and yet strangely still looks better than Superman 64

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That's not difficult.

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Started up Yakuza Kiwami recently. I'm not big on the core combat (or maybe I just suck at it, lol), but I'm loving the setting and smattering of addicting side content.

A new tale begins in the neon lit streets of Tokyo.
Untitled

An impressive selection of goods.
Untitled

Maybe I should pick up some reading material (You actually can select a number of magazines here to get a close up look at the cover).
Untitled

You can even grab a bite to eat at a burger joint.
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

Right, I apologise in advance for this, but a discussion elsewhere means I'm gonna share some pretty awful screencaps from Just Cause 4, which suffers from some seriously downgraded graphics on PS4.

Untitled

You can tell that objects aren't just caught in some kind of texture pop-in bug, because this image is used on one of the loading screens, meaning it's obviously something Avalanche felt representative of their game and worthy of looking at whilst you start a new mission. That truck in the background is common of the level of detail found on many in-game objects, from grass to buildings.

Untitled

The lighting is all over the place, and often exposes poor character model detail.

Untitled

And finally, there are bugs and glitches that go beyond "we cheaped out on the graphics". When I was flying this plane at mid-range cruising speed, it had a constant motion blur effect applied.

Untitled

Although that's nothing compared to how they get off the ground in the first place.

Untitled

Like I've said elsewhere, the gameplay is awesome, but a lot of these bugs and issues just remind me of the first Just Cause, which was severely compromised in order to be released on PS2, resulting in a wacky nonsense of a game which was fun for all the wrong reasons. Don't expect anything near the level of quality you've seen in the pre-release marketing, at least not on console.

@Th3solution and @JohnnyShoulder tagged as promised.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Hmmm... hard to tell from a screenshot, but although doesn’t look unplayable, I do see the representative issues that you’re referring to.
And that airplane taking off makes me chuckle. 😄 It actually looks more like it is being pulled up by an alien tractor beam.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic