Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,152

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i see Lara is doing her best Spider-Man impression

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I may have given that screenshot a caption to similar effect when posting it on a couple PS4 communities, yes.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger '.... as Lara woke up and realised it was all just a bad dream.'
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh, very good.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

A variety of shots!

Assassin's Creed Origins

The Aten

Untitled

This is a glitch where Bayek started falling through a mountain. It's kinda artsy looking though.

Untitled

Untitled

God of War

This is untouched. It looks pretty cool I think.

Untitled

Uncharted 4

Untitled

Dragon Quest XI

Burly Men at Sea

Untitled

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam These are awesome!

That one of Bayek falling through the map looks like an old Hitchcock movie poster from the 50s or something. I always forget to hit Share when I get glitches like that, well-timed!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

i have some Spider-Man shots to share

"This joint is expensive but the view is nice"
Untitled

"Just your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man on patrol"
Untitled

"I must remember to restock my Web Cartridges next time"
Untitled

now i do have 2 more Spidey shots to share BUT they are from the end game so do contain SPOILERS so i'll just ask, do you want me to share them?

and now of course FINAL FANTASY, this time Dissidia NT

Cloud ready for action
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Tried not to look too much at the screenshots because I don't want to spoil it too much for myself, but some of your screenshots look even better than most of the official shots released to promote the game. Man, is that game even prettier than I expected.

Is that specifically the Photo mode and you carefully directing the scene, or is the game really on par with a game like Horizon?

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That second shot, in particular, is amazing.

As for spoilers, I've been careful about what I've shared from Shadow of the Tomb Raider and only posted up shots of her with the environment behind her largely out of focus, or of smaller sections of optional locations which don't give away major plot points. I'm gonna wait a while before posting up anything from a big story mission or anything; I think it's only fair.

Either that, or you could spoiler tag the screenshots? Would that work?

@Kidfried All of my shots come from Photo Modes or are cropped to remove HUDs; I rarely, if ever, take from cutscenes. Horizon really still is in a league of its own, but the benefits of Shadow being "linear-plus" is that every inch of it is designed for maximum impact; it's a stunning, stunning game, especially in terms of the environment.

Not only that, but the cutscenes often have a little extra filtering or graphical power, beyond me zooming the camera towards an in-game character model and messing with the focus. The Photo Mode is functional, but it isn't the most in-depth I've ever seen.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Two more Shadow shots from me today, which hopefully aren't spoilers since they show a returning feature from Rise, but I thought I'd keep them out of a tagged post all the same.

Untitled

Untitled

I'm gonna have so much fun with this in New Game Plus.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger unfortunately you can't spoiler tag photos, at least it didn't work the last time i tried

i'll leave them for the time being then

FullbringIchigo

SPIDER-MAN

"Just fix your damn breaks man"
Untitled

"Hey guys, how's it HANGING!"
Untitled

the comic suit and comic frame together are awesome
Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha, brilliant! I didn't know that was a thing!

@FullbringIchigo That costume is the most interesting thing about the game to me!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON There were more classic outfits / models in Rise (because it was the 20th Anniversary PS4 release) but they've ported over three for Shadow if you've got a save file from the previous games on your console. There's the one pictured above, Bomber Jacket Lara from Tomb Raider II and Angel of Darkness Lara. They make cutscenes weird.

@FullbringIchigo Holy cow, that cel-shading looks outstanding! Shame you can't make the entire game look like that; would be neat if you could. Great shots!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah, cool.

Yeah - if Insomniac ever released that as DLC, I'd probably be all in!

RogerRoger

Some further offerings from Shadow of the Tomb Raider, as I start New Game Plus and finally surrender to my obsession with Photo Mode.

Very Minor Spoiler Warnings!
Some shots may contain background details of major locations found in the game.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I've got tons more, but I'll be kind and space them out.

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 'old jungle saying...' - never rip off the Phantom's Skull Cave!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I think Lara happily ignored that saying after she'd seen identical caves in Disneyland Paris, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and half a dozen other films, television shows, games and comic books!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Haha yes I see what you mean. It does remind me of those artsy film posters from the 50's. Awesome Tomb Raider shots by the way. It's making me want to play it! The classic Lara skin is particularly awesome.

@FullbringIchigo Wow I love the cell-shaded Spider-Man costume. Can you add the cartoon captions in the photo mode?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger They're all guilty! The Ghost Who Walks will have his vengeance!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic