Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 461 to 480 of 3,154

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I keep being told to play VII, but I'd like to wait and see if the Remake (if it ever happens) is a viable alternative to grabbing the original.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed bits of IX before, and have always been interested in X.

I'll keep your recommendation in mind, thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger FF7 is a good game but it's game play is very similar to FF6, apart from the Materia System of course and 10's battle system changes and story are good too and you could substitute any of them for FF9, i just think FF9 has a better complete package overall with one of the best cast of characters and worlds in a FF game

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, my fond memories of IX will make me play it someday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger The anniversary remake of IV on the PSP (also available on Vita) is also an excellent starting place for the traditional style games. I particularly like its length and snappy pace. It's the only Final Fantasy I've completed more than twice because it is so easy to get into and doesn't require a significant time investment. The redrawn graphics are lovely also. The anniversary remake of I is also nice, but so much of that game is essentially "go to this random place to get that item". It's interesting to see where the series started though.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam i love that version of IV and it also includes all the sequel games too so it's the perfect package

on a side note The After Years was a pretty good game too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@mookysam Thanks for the tips!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

These are the continuing voyages...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I also called upon my considerable Microsoft Paint talents to shove screencaps within screencaps, just purely for my own amusement after noticing that the viewscreens are always disappointingly blank.

First, a temporal paradox...
Untitled

...and then a simple rendezvous.
Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Excellent shot! Especially the Galaxy Class one.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks! I can't wait for them to update the Galaxy-Class with an accurate hull. Expect more screencaps if they do!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger WAIT! are they updating the Galaxy Class? when did they announce that

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Sorry, my bad, that's a half-guess. I did say "if" there!

When they updated the Excelsior-Class and Excelsior-Refit, they collaborated with digital artist Tobias Richter (who also did the new DS9 for Victory Is Life, and is responsible for much of the awesome fan artwork you'll find of almost every Starfleet vessel) and said that they'd love to work more with him in the future. I've got my fingers tightly crossed that they wouldn't have added that last bit if they weren't planning on doing so, and the next hero ships in line for an update would either be the Ambassador-Class or the Galaxy-Class.

They did the NX-Class, the Constitution-Class, the Constitution-Refit, the Miranda-Class and now the Excelsior-Class. That's looking like a systematic, chronological update schedule to me!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

"You are going to like me, You are going to like me" Rinoa Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i would love it if they redid every ship because some do look quite bad to be honest

anyway on topic and BIG post incoming

Dante and Nero have a heart to heart DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Untitled

SUPER HERO LANDING!
Untitled

That's another off my target list Devil May Cry HD
Untitled

Ryo sees something strange Shenmue HD
Untitled

An epic tale of revenge begins
Untitled

No captions needed
Untitled

and now of course FINAL FANTASY screenshots, this time Dissidia NT

"She pays that Dog more attention than me"
Untitled

Rinoa is wondering just how Cecil gets his hair to look so damn good
Untitled

The Villains arrive
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Going for the classic 4:3 in Shenmue, I see!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger of course, that is how it's meant to be played after all

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I'm thinking of doing the same (whenever I get around to it; picking up my copy yesterday and putting it straight on my shelf was a wrench). I often find with 16:9 conversions that you see things off to the side that you weren't supposed to see, and it breaks the immersion.

All of your shots are great, by the way! DmC looks very pretty!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

A pair of shots from Submerged, the game that proves that beauty is in the eye of the programmer you put in charge of lighting effects.

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I'm in a bit of a random mood this week, it would seem, so last night I snapped a few more screencaps from Batman: Arkham Knight (because apparently over 500 of them aren't enough)...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...and then earlier today I made the most of the Nimbus System in Star Trek Online, having taken a few screencaps there before and found it to make for quite the pretty backdrop.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger shots looking great as per!
@FullbringIchigo

Look who shows up in Star Trek Adversaries:
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well he did cameo in Star Trek Enterprise after all

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic