Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 421 to 440 of 3,152

Kidfried

Does anyone use the use-your-own-wallpaper feature on the PS4? And if so, I wonder what you lot have up there!

Kidfried

mookysam

@Kidfried My theme is the free Tearaway one they gave away a few years ago, but the banner on my PSN profile is a cool screenshot I took of the cityscape in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I really liked the colours and geometry.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried yeah i do i have this as mine
Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

The Kingsglaive have arrived FINAL FANTASY XV

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I once made my wallpaper an extreme close-up of Sully's face from Uncharted 4, just long enough to capture and send to a friend for a joke. Unfortunately, despite loving some of the dynamic themes and wallpapers available, my OCD forces me to return to the dark-blue-and-black "Dual" theme every time (complete with default PS4 system music). I'm not brave enough to be unique.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Haha, I have that same theme for the exact reason. I'm still in love with it be honest, pure beauty.

Like you (I think?) I often wonder about changing it up, but apparently I am a conservative when it comes down to themes.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried It's the best, most simple and elegant theme, for sure. I tried going for something a bit more sparkly once, but it was too much!

I frequently peek at the themes on the PS Store and will grab the free ones I like, and have also purchased one or two (the Uncharted 4 ones, for example) and had them come in pre-order bundles (Crash Bandicoot). I'll apply them, take a look at them, go "yeah, nice" or "hmm, no" and then immediately change back to normal. In other words, yep, you're absolutely right!

Given that you asked the question of us, I was gonna ask what theme / custom wallpaper you have, but I guess you've answered that already!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I asked it because I am willing to switch things up, even for only a month, buy I just have a hard time finding a theme that really speaks to me.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

Star Trek Online
Ops what is this?
Untitled

Ready for departure sir
Untitled

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

SO this DOESN'T suit me then?
Untitled

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD

CHOCOBO!!!!!!!!
Untitled

RogerRoger

@Kidfried It's why I'm hoping for custom themes. Not just wallpapers; a slideshow of maybe three or four images, and let us upload and use our own background music, too. Since none of the themes ever grab me enough to counter my OCD, I'd love to be able to make my own.

I've always thought that the menu from Ground Zeroes, Snake sitting in Pequod with his cigar, would make for an awesome dynamic theme. Just the rotor blade sound in the background, too.

@FullbringIchigo Love your Anti-Time Galaxy-Class!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger What you describe would make a great theme. Love the atmosphere of the Pequod, being on route to wherever Snake is needed.

Whenever I boot my laptop, on which I have your heli screenshot set as my wallpaper, I often can't hell but say: "This is Peqhod. Arriving shortly at LZ." :')

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried ...except I just noticed my error; Pequod is from The Phantom Pain, not Ground Zeroes. It's Morpho in Ground Zeroes (who I'm assuming didn't survive the bomb). D'oh!

I just love how, in both games, Snake is totally chill. Barely moving, just watching, waiting and mentally preparing. It's the only way to travel, but it would also be really, REALLY easy to turn into a dynamic theme. They missed a trick there; I'd have bought it, for sure!

Darn it, now I wanna replay both games...

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well with Picard coming back i had too

FullbringIchigo

The Batman arrives Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Nice. I'd forgotten about Blackgate. Was thoroughly an OK game!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah it was decent enough although on my first play though i encountered a bug right at the end that meant the final door wouldn't open so i had to start all over again, but i finished it eventually

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Is that a screencap from your PS Vita? I always forget how to take them (or forget that I can altogether). Looks really decent, a well-timed shot!

I've platinumed Blackgate twice, on PS Vita and PS3. I adored it.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger Start and PS isn't it?
I only played through once. I always planned on re-adding it to the collection at some point.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON yes it is from the Vita, you just press start and the PS button at the same time to take a screen shot

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON @FullbringIchigo Thanks, guys. Where do the screencaps go? How do I easily get them off the console and onto my laptop?

I've been planning to replay a few Vita games for a while now. Screencaps may be incoming!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic