Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 3,152

BearsEatBeets

Everyone's probably bored of Horizon photos but as I'm playing it again for the first time in years I'm still blown away by how beautiful and detailed it is. Here are a few shots from my new game+, ultra hard run.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets They who are bored of Horizon shots are bored of life! Excellent work; your machine shots are particularly good, given how difficult they can be to capture.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Cheers @RogerRoger, yeah timing a good machine shot while also being able to get the camera in a good position is tricky. That Glinthawk one came when I was actually on top of a Tallneck.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Some great shots there, once I finish the game I’ll post some of the ones I’ve taken too!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Some shots of Anthem. There is no photo mode and I've missed out with some nice shots as the UI will flash up with a message sometimes. It does this cool thing if you don't move your character and it will sweep the camera round. It zooms onto your character but does make the scenery all blurry.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Wow, those sweeping "screensaver" moments are really cool (and obviously, it's one heck of a looker)! Thanks for sharing; glad to see somebody, somewhere, is having fun with the game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger It has it's fair share of problems, mostly the dull missions, enemies, gun combat and the type of game it is. Flying round in your suit does feel cool (although strangely it does feel you are not moving that fast at times) and the couple of different Javelins I've tried do feel quit a bit different to play. It's been a decent distraction until TLOU2 comes out.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

andreoni79

I bet I'm not the only one playing this old game right now...
Shhh!
Untitled
I wish I could play this...
Untitled
Who's the cutest here?
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder On the strength of your screenshots alone, I might be tempted for a fiver. As you say, it'll probably fill a gap between more important things. Cheers!

@andreoni79 If there's one thing you can expect from a Naughty Dog game, it's stunning visuals!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Some more Anthem pics. Decided to turn off the quest log on the HUD so it doesn't look so cluttered.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Got a whole more bunch of Anthem pics! I've tried to get a few more action shots to show the excellent lighting, but it is proving tricky. I will keep on trying!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Wow, those are good! The big tree and the flaming... er, whatever the heck is flaming, in that last shot, those are my favourites! Pictures do really say a thousand words, as what you've posted on this page thusfar has me infinitely more interested in picking up ANTHEM someday.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks! The big tree is a lookout point which brought up that view. That big explosion thing is one of the bosses being destroyed. The lighting effects are really good, especially at night in the game when you can seel all the lights on your Javelin as you are flying around. It is something I probably would have never bought, but as it was available on EA Access I thought it would be worth a shot.

RogerRoger

Some shots (screen and literal) from the DOOM 3 remaster on PS4. I've refrained from uploading some of the really gory stuff, even if the game's graphical age results in everything looking like a bunch of ketchup-smeared waxworks by today's standards.

Untitled
Ah, the traditional calm before the storm.

Untitled
'ello, beastie!

Untitled
Goodbye, beastie!

Untitled
Fists versus a chainsaw... yeah, this is gonna end well...

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

Some images from phantom pain, first up, three guards in a row (no idea how I managed this lol)

Untitled

Then a picnic with Quiet:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And finally, a new logo to show my love for my second in command Master Benedict Kazuhira Miller, whilst striking fear into my enemies on the battlefield:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 You just reminded me to upload my shots!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Thrillho

I've been playing with photo mode on TLOU1 as well..

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

A shot of my character experiencing true heartbreak and a couple Fashion Souls shots from Dark Souls 2

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Haven't looked at this thread in a while! Man there's quite a lot of stuff I missed! Some nice The Last Of Us 1 & 2 shots, Metal Gear Solid V, Horizon, Bioshock & even Anthem screenshots.

And not to mention some Dark Souls 2 shots. Good lord ness I feel your pain regarding Raime, The Fume Knight and his slither of health

Anyway here's my screenshotties of the PS2 Western themed JRPG (cult) classic Wild ARMs 3

Untitled
Leading lady Virginia in first class (Though you can rename her and all the protagonists as there's no voice acting in game)

Untitled
A train robbery in a western?! Completely unheard of!!

Untitled
When I first played this I did think selecting the character here meant I'd be playing as that character for a lot longer then 20-30 minutes, going through the set of events that lead that protagonist to the train before choosing another.

Untitled
So you've seen already in all the other pictures but the game has a filter across it that gives certain objects an almost shaded in like quality. I quite like it myself and Virgina's dress (and all the clothing really) seems to get a nice a bit of texture from the choice.

Untitled
Because of course the first creature you can fight are a variation on goblins... or rather Gob's as they're called. Whilst it doesn't add anything to it, in battles all the characters and enemies run around the field to make it look more dynamic

Untitled
Virgina backstory completed!

Untitled
I also legitimately forgot that there's actual puzzles in this! Jet here having a boomerang he can throw (and somehow guide after throwing for a bit) to hit the switches (that are now red) not to mention the monkey bars that you hoist yourself on top of and have to choose the correct way to progress. I think each character has 3(?) different tools in total

You'll probably see them anyway but here's a tag just in case @crimsontadpoles

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic