Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 3,153

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It can give a pretty good stab at PS2 quality within reason, but only the most skilled and Sony backed dev's got anything close to PS3 looking. Killzone: Mercenary being the best example of that; Stripped back KZ2 engine and some clever direction and resolution handling.

Iconoclasts looks really nice! It's on my 'was fee on Plus so play it!' list.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

I've heard a lot of praise for Killzone Mercenaries from vita players... It actually uses the KZ2 engine? That game was undeniably good looking so that's quite a feat

I won a code for Iconoclasts in a contest @KALofKRYPTON so it's 100% free for me! šŸ˜‚

There's quite a big focus on story (it could be a teensy bit clearer on some points at times though) and chracter arcs too for a platformer (with a smidge of metroidvania elements) and the bosses are pretty fun. Music's pretty nice too. Done by one person too which is always impressive to me

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Tell a lie, it's the Killzone 3 engine. Heavily engineered, but the engine was built to run on variable platforms. So it wasn't as tough a port moving to the Vita architecture.
It really is a very good game - even holds up well on PSTV!

Here's the DF article on it pre-release: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-inside-kill...

I checked on the Store, I do have Iconoclasts!
I'm pretty scheduled up - but it does looks worth a go.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Lunchtime system hopping in Elite šŸ¤˜šŸ½
Untitled

HallowMoonshadow

A few more screenshots

Iconoclasts first

Untitled
Cactus Snake?

Untitled
My first gun upgrade!

Untitled
The logical dialogue choice

And some NieR: Automata shots next

Untitled
The City Of Rust

Untitled
The Goliath

Untitled
Falling... With Style

Untitled
A Moment's Respite

Untitled
Falling... With Style: A Reprise

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

Another round of excellent Uncharted shots @KALofKRYPTON. No. 8 in particular is very nice!

Cute Iconoclasts and brilliant Nier Automata shots @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! How do you get rid of the HUD in Nier?

Thanks @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. Yep, that's one of the Pikmin stages. Part of it is on a muddy slope so when there's a deluge of rain - which occurs every few minutes - the fighters need to be careful not to slide into the mouth of a hungry bulborb waiting at the bottom!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

Thanks @mookysam! NieR: Automata has a dynamic HUD so it automatically goes off after a while.

But seeing as 2b is an android she has a processor chip (or whatever) and you can actually take HUD elements off her as well if you want (or more importantly add various upgrades to her as you expand her memory)

And I thought it was... Never played any Pikmin games but I think that stage is in Super Smash Bros Brawl too?

I'm not the best with all that cpu, gpu talk but I got the gist of it and that really is quite an impressive fest of engineering with Killzone Mercenaries @KALofKRYPTON!

A Few more NieR: Automata shots

Untitled
Stacked Oppurtunity

Untitled
City In A Dry Land

Untitled
Sea Of Sand

Untitled
A Clownish Family

Untitled
A Ride To Remember

Untitled
Fumbilng In The Dark

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett

Is there an easier way of getting my PS4 photos in full resolution or is it just simpler to scrounge up a USB stick from somewhere?

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett as far as i'm aware sharing to twitter from the PS4 puts them at full res but using a USB is probably the best option

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

Thanks @mookysam
Uncharted 4 ones will be incoming soon enough!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
I'm sure I'll get around to Nier someday. It does look quite nice!

@nessisonett I'm not too sure. I was using USB to grab mine most of the time until the photo contest. Then I started posting them to the activities section and grabbing them via the PS App.

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo @KALofKRYPTON Cheers, Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be a USB somewhere in the house. They seem to just turn up.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You won't get full resolution as the PS4 will downgrade it when you take a photo. You can make the image quality a bit better by changing the format to PNG.

From the main page of your PS4, scroll on over and select Settings

Next scroll down and select Sharing and Broadcasts from the settings menu

Once you are in the Sharing and Broadcasts menu, select Screenshot Settings

Now select Image Format

And switch your Image format from JPEG to PNG

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I also posted this awhile back but you might have missed it.

So I've just found out a way of how to upload photos on your ps4 to a device (like a phone or tablet) if you don't have a Twitter account and so you don't have spam your mates on PSN.

1. Go to the photo and click the Share button.
2. Choose the 'Activities' option.
3. You can then select the privacy options (I selected 'Friends'), any players you want to tag in and a comment for the photo.
4. Click on 'Post'. This will then appear to in your 'What's New' tab on your PS4.
5. Open up the PS App on the device you want to save it to.
6. Double tap on the photo, and click on the three dots in the top right hand corner to save the photo.

There is a bit of a delay in the the photo appearing on the wall, but if you refresh the screen after a minute or two they should appear.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Ooh brilliant, nice tips! I should be able to post some of my Star Wars photos soon in that case!

KALofKRYPTON

Some pre-Uncharted 4, unplanned Sonic Forces purchase pictures!

Not a bad game really.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

nessisonett

Turns out I do not understand Twitter. Next time, Iā€™ll get it.

Edited on by nessisonett

nessisonett

Right, time to get this bloody thing working.

Untitled

nessisonett

Brilliant, this has been a bigger headache than I imagined lol.

nessisonett

Cal really doesn't take good selfies

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

After 203 hours I have finally finished AC Odyssey and it's DLC. So here some shots to commemorate the occasion.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic