Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 3,153

FullbringIchigo

just 2 today, the ReMind DLC for KINGDOM HEARTS III added a new photo mode where you can set up characters and pose for pictures so i was trying it out

Squa...i mean Leon is back
Untitled

as is most of the gang but sadly Cloud and Tifa are still M.I.A
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That's a cute mode, allowing for a kinda family group shot like that! Nicely done!

More from Horizon: Zero Dawn, as Aloy rides out into the wilderness alone...

Untitled

Untitled

...before teaming up with Varl to kick butt and take names!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Varl is one of my favourite characters. I wish he was in more of the game.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger Fine pictures once again both.

In my efforts to keep Uncharted from getting boring, I've been thoroughly enjoying revisiting OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast.
Annoyingly, but also fortuitously - the memory card I have doesn't have a save, and while I still have the PSP save data, I need a copy of the game to transfer it. So I've started from scratch, which has been great.

So here, in all of their off-screen and poorly captured glory are some shots! 😁
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Wait, that's a PSP game, running on PS Vita, captured on... what, your phone? They're really great shots for so many degrees of separation!

The graphics are real detailed for a PSP game. How good is the PS Vita at upscaling PSP games?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON you know i never understood why you couldn't take pictures of PSP games on PSVita, it has the functionality to take screen shots but for some reason they blocked it on PSP and PSX games

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah, no, sorry.
This is the PS2 version. Running on my silver fat PS2 over component at 480p.

I got the pictures with my Sony QX10 (WiFi 'lens' camera) connected to my phone.

The PSP port was very, very good - but obviously graphically stripped down a bit. The games could share saves over a USB connection, but you had to do it with both games running while connected. I still have the PSP but not the UMD.

The Vita runs PSP games quite nicely in general though. There's the option to use the 'PSP colour space', which does a decent job of emulating the PSP LCD on the OLED.

I would hammer this on the Vita had I bought it digitally - not sure if it ever had a digital PSP release though 🤔

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
I think, as with many things of a legacy Sony emulation nature, it probably comes down to some sort of licensing.
Or possibly just that the baked in emulators just don't play nice 🤔

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah, that makes more sense! I was thinking it looked far too good for a PSP game.

Despite having a large collection of physical PSP games, I have often considered doing a digital double-dip and getting some of them on PS Vita, if only in case my PSP breaks someday and sourcing a new one becomes difficult. Similarly to how I recently splurged on the PS3 Store, before Sony shut it down, I might have a browse later and see if a handful of favourites are available. Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Not a bad plan at all.

I have a couple of my PSP favourites on the Vita.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Just depends on what's available, as you say. I seem to recall looking for Sonic Rivals and its sequel before, but coming away disappointed. I think the Star Wars: Battlefront games are available, though, as are the Metal Gear exclusives.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Rivals and Rivals 2 are there 👌🏽

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Really? Wonder when that happened, awesome! Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Grab them while you can.

I still regret not grabbing one of the PSP Ace Combat games while it was on the store.

mookysam

The Vita is great for PSP emulation. I've started getting digital versions of my games where possible.

Super Mario Odyssey

Untitled

Untitled

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam On a list of things I expected to see today, Mario dressed as a clown with a pigeon resting on his nose is definitely something towards the bottom!

Excellent shots!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I should've looked at this thread sooner! Holy hell there's some great snaps here!

Never owned a Vita or even seen one in action... Uncharted: Golden Abyss looks quite good and no doubt much better on a smaller oled screen @KALofKRYPTON!

Great Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey and Twilight Princess @mookysam pics... I quite like the Cloud and Bayonetta one... and is that Link on a pikmin level or something? Either way I love it!

Plus sign me up for the things I didn't expect to see today with that clown Mario picture!

And I know you won't see this for a while @RogerRoger but good gravy those Horizon shots. I can't believe how good those look... You're seriously talented with all those photo modes!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
If it weren't for the PSP, I'd definitely put it at the number 1 handheld of all time for me. Great little thing.

I've been rather lax in the Uncharted play through these past couple of weeks, so I finished up Golden Abyss tonight. Here's the final batch of shots 😁

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

HallowMoonshadow

I dunno what it is about those stalagmites and stalactites but I really like shots 4 & 8 @KALofKRYPTON.

10's pretty nice too!

I've never had a PSP either (Though I was always quite interested in one)... My only handhelds have been Nintendo and even then I was still a bit lax with them lol

I never really did get fully into handheld gaming

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'd say that 8 is probably the best the game ever looks 🤔

I've always loved a handheld. Whether or not they ever even leave the house! 😂

Had quite a few, but PSP was the glory days. Spent a few shifts one January while I was working in pubs playing through Killzone Liberation in co-op, only pausing to serve the rare January customer 😂

HallowMoonshadow

It's pretty good for a handheld back in 2011/2012 @KALofKRYPTON. Not quite PS3 heights for graphics but not quite PS2 era either and again probably looks much better on the smaller screen

And seems like a good use of time too back on those lonely pub shifts with ya PSP 😂

A few screenshots of my own from

Untitled
Robin's spanner/wrench hairdo is pretty... unique

Untitled
I love these little tutorials with a cartoony robin for the controls

Untitled
Less then five minutes in and already we're fighting a boss!

Untitled
Well how else was you going to learn the protagonist's backstory? Agent Black (And Agent White) is on the case... ours!

Untitled
Working without a license from the religous governmental faction is a very serious sin and crime in Iconoclasts... But that flat surprise from Agent Black just made me chuckle 😅

Untitled
Escaping jail with your new best bud Mina, a shotgun totin' pirate thief...

Untitled
... She totally jinxed us though!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic