Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Boop!

Untitled

Untitled

Started it up just to make sure all my settings were correct and ended up playing the first four levels. Here's hoping you enjoy it; looking forward to the shot comparison and will be interested to hear your thoughts on the game overall.

Also grabbed a couple moments from LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Will be starting Knights of the Old Republic in a bit, but will try and limit the screencap spamming, at least to begin with. Love seeing everybody else's shots!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha! Brilliant.

I'm quite looking forward to playing it. Watched a bit of video and read the odd review. The clincher was Indy being able to lose his hat, and then pick it up - which is a pretty ridiculous reason to want a game all told, but y'know, two quid...

Have fun with KOTOR!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RR529

@KALofKRYPTON, it was pretty fun (Blaster Master, that is).

Anyhow, here are some of my own DQXI comparison screens (as a disclosure, the village shots were taken during the evening on Switch, and day on PS4).

Top: PS4
Bottom: Switch

Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

Really impressed with how good it looks on Switch. It looks a bit rougher in motion, compared to PS4, but still a feat. I need to convince myself not to double dip, lol.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 I love a good comparison. Nicely done!

How come you'd be convincing yourself not to double-dip, though, if you've been able to take screencaps from both PS4 and Switch versions...?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, the Switch screens are from the demo.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RogerRoger

@RR529 Ah, neat. In this day and age, I'd almost forgotten demos were a thing!

At least you know it'll run well when you eventually cave in and buy it.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Hmm it does look rough on the TV and is blurry in handheld mode. It's hard not to notice those differences after spending so long playing the PS4 version. I'm tempted to double-dip to play in glorious 2D mode.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam I can relate; playing a bunch of old favourites on PC lately, I can immediately see the difference because I was obsessed with their PSone, PS2 and PS3 counterparts, but I'd imagine a more casual eye would find them comparable.

And yes, I don't think I know anybody who's played Dragon Quest more than you!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Dragon Quest XI S is genuinely gorgeous on Switch. The fact that there's not a huge gulf between the PS4 and a docked Switch when playing the game is huge on its own, but even in handheld mode, despite the sub-HD resolution, it still looks quite nice, and the game didn't seem to stutter at all when entering Heliodor.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tjuz

@Thrillho Ah, that's an useful tip. I'll definitely look into that in the settings. Thank you!

@RR529 I love the shot with the... big lava baddie? I don't know what his name is!
@RogerRoger That first shot of LEGO Star Wars is cool especially.

Tjuz

RR529

@Tjuz, yeah, his name escapes me at the moment, but I believe he shows up in Thor: Ragnorok in the movies.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

FullbringIchigo

just a few today and first off Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2

Dabbing!, seriously Gohan that is SO 2015
Untitled

".....Here we go again"
Untitled

"put em up"
Untitled

and of course as it was released today ONE from Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

".....Whatever"
Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

Just a couple PC shots from me today.

This is Bynx, my character from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He's a scoundrel-type who I'm playing as mostly Dark Side, because I have a sneaking suspicion that I can see a particular plot twist coming (thanks to playing BioWare games in reverse).
Untitled

He's also good at swooping, apparently.
Untitled

We also found this lonely rancor. I think he just wants a hug.
Untitled

Elsewhere, behold the glorious chaos of LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.
Untitled

It's great to finally get some of the in-jokes and references, too. As part of the "Legacy of Terror" level, when your group meets the Geonosian Queen in her underground lair, Cody points out a potentially-useful piece of kit just resting in the back of the shot.
Untitled

Alas, it isn't actually useable.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Great shots!

Is that a power loader?!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON If that's the official name of the yellow mech suit Ripley wears at the end of Aliens, then yes, it is. The parallel in the story is quite direct.

LEGO games always have the very best references / sight gags.

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@RogerRoger Is this Bynx character the result of a character creator? If so, he turned out really well. Love the first close-up shot.

I've got some shots from Ratchet & Clank which I started this evening after finishing The Council.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I must say, this is a really, really pretty game.

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

FullbringIchigo

so first off some pics from Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2

"lets see if you can handle this!"
Untitled

"Never underestimate the Saiyans of Universe 6"
Untitled

and now (and i'm sure it will make @RogerRoger happy to see them back) FINAL FANTASY this time VIII Remastered

sat at the usual table
Untitled

Sure Laguna LEG CRAMP, well all know what that really means
Untitled

That's a Harsh thing to say about your Dad Squall
Untitled

Squall Fashion Show

Cadet Unifrom
Untitled

SeeD Uniform
Untitled

Casual Wear
Untitled

and i thought Noctis had bad travel safety
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Tjuz First up, your shots from Ratchet & Clank are excellent. Such a pretty game! Makes me wish I'd captured a few more back when I played it.

And alas, no, Bynx isn't customised to that degree. Knights of the Old Republic may be a BioWare game, but it's from the PS2 / Xbox era (a time before decent facial construction) so I just had a dozen pre-set faces to pick from. I simply thought he was the most handsome!

@FullbringIchigo I had a sneaking suspicion we'd be seeing Final Fantasy VIII Remastered screencaps from you this week...!

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Is it a decent port?

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger honestly it's probably the best version of the game to play

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Wow, high praise!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic