Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,769

adf86

Star Wars Arcade
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge

adf86

Twitter:

melaneil

Command & Conquer Red Alert
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King

melaneil

DerMeister

Final Fantasy 8
Smash Bros. Brawl

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

ReanSchwarzer7

Star Wars Arcade.
Final Fantasy 8.
Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Warhawk.
Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Members: 340
Articles: 5,890
Reviews: 610
Features: 210
Guides: 5
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

ApostateMage

ApostateMage

Fight_Teza_Fight

Only one vote for me this round.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

Super Mario Odyssey

Upvote Red Alert with a ZAKT Tesla coil sound please.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

Final Fantasy 8
Super Mario Odyssey
SoulBlade

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Dichotomy

Final Fantasy 8
Super Mario Odyssey
SoulBlade/SoulEdge

Dichotomy

Dichotomy

@kyleforrester87 It would never be C&C given EA took over and murdered Westwood along with a lot of other studios that were known for making timeless classics. One of the many reasons EA gets so much hate thrown its way. If they did decide to make a C&C game now you could guarantee it would be focus group tested and end up as some FPS hybrid that no one wanted - I'd prefer them to leave it to rest in peace than that.

Dichotomy

kyleforrester87

@Dichotomy they did do a FPS C&C, no? Might have still been Westwood in control back then, too. It was pretty pants.

As for EA, I tend to agree, BUT Generals was so so good. So, they have it in em.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

mookysam

Final Fantasy 8
Super Mario Odyssey
Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

PSN: mookysam

Feena

Bummed about Generations...seriously guys, COD?

Star Wars Arcade
Final Fantasy 8
Super Mario Odyssey

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Dichotomy

@kyleforrester87 Ah, there was, Renegades, but it was under EA and Westwood's last game in the C&C universe (and pretty much their last game bar an unknown MMO). While I might be completely wrong I would guess at this point EA were calling the shots on what Westwood would release so it kind of ties in with my thoughts on EA's intentions.

With EA focusing on 'live services' and seemingly upset by any game that doesn't hit 10 million sales I don't see much hope on a traditional C&C game being released short of them selling the license to a studio passionate about the old games. If you're really looking for something faithful in the C&C universe there is a huge mod to Tiberium Sun that has been worked on for the last decade that adds new units, campaigns and a third faction.

Dichotomy

themcnoisy

My picks;

Star Wars Arcade
Final Fantasy 8
Super Smash Bros Brawl
SoulBlade/SoulEdge

The first battle was tough. Howerever star ward arcade was amazing, probably the best arcade game at the time and you blew up the deathstar. I have great memories of c and c. Most other battles it would come out on top.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

Final Fantasy 8

I will never vote against a monkey island game. Well maybe if a Dark Souls game came up against it.

JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@Feena Cod mw 1+2 are great games with great characters. Unfortunately thats no longer the case with the series.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@Feena The Call of Duty games are meticulously crafted games and people take for granted a bit too often how well made they are, because of the games being released annually, but also because they are not interested in the shooter genre. But among all of the Call of Duty games, I think Modern Warfare is the most ambitious and ground breaking. It has a campaign that plays and is directed like an actual action movie and the multiplayer introduced many innovations within the genre. There is hardly any modern shooter that didn't borrow at least a few elements from either the single player or multiplayer component.

Pure shooters are not my favorite type of genre at all, but you'd have to put in a lot of effort to have played Modern Warfare in 2007 and not be completely blown away.

I understand why someone would choose another game over this one. And I'm not saying you're wrong for liking Sonic better. To each their own. But you shouldn't be surprised of Modern Warfare winning. I'm genuinely surprised that it won by such a small margin...

Regard my dear
It's all downhill from here

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic