Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,645

LieutenantFatman

Final Fantasy Tactics
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2
World of Warcraft
Marvel vs Capcom 2

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@adf86 @KratosMD 9 @Doopliss @Wesker @DerMeister @ReanSchwarzer7 @Fight_Teza_Fight @BAMozzy @LieutenantFatman @Wazeddie22 Thanks for the early votes everyone!

Kratos, Mario Kart was amazing when it released. Its hard to think back but we were playing the likes of hang on, chase hq, lotus turbo challenge and those weird 3d angled racing games which are zero fun. It was an instant classic in comparison. Its a bit crap now, yet I can still have a quick blast and enjoy it alot when I do. I also miss the small tracks from vanilla mk, you learnt the courses quickly and became more about planting sneaky bananas and getting good lines through the coins to speed up. Is it great now? Tough to say, still my most played on snes mini though.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

Final Fantasy Tactics
World of Warcraft
Fear Effect: Retro Helix
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Bring back Legacy of Kain. A remake, please!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

Mother 3
-
Mario Kart SNES
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Star Fox 64

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

melaneil

Final Fantasy Tactics
Black

melaneil

WiiWareWave

@themcnoisy Road Rash (Arcade) "1990" was the first good racer imo, but Super Mario Kart followed shortly after and left Road Rash on the side of the road burned.

I did like all three Genesis ports of the Road Rash arcade games, though nothing compares to the Mario Kart series. It's basically the Final Fantasy of the arcade racer sub-genre.

Edit: Oh wait! Was there only two Road Rash's on the Genesis/Megadrive?

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Gamer83

Mario Kart SNES
Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Gamer83

Kidfried

I feel like such a Nintendo fanboy now. Oof!

Mother 3
Mario Kart SNES
Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Mother 3 doesn't stand a chance here, but it should. It never got an official English release, so I doubt many here on the forums played it. I nominated it, because it is so well written. It handles difficult themes (like losing a beloved) in a way only video games can, but it's also very funny in a way that only video games can. And it's really strange at times, which is a good thing. Certainly we need more strange games.

I know there's probably people on here that loved Undertale. To them I'd say: give the Mother series a try. It's not the same or anything, but there's a lot to love if you liked that one.

Mario Kart Both Mario Kart and World of Warcraft were such influential games. Thing is, personally I had a lot more fun with Mario and having people pay 10 pound/euro a month to play your game just never sat right with me.

Kidfried

crippyd

Black
Mario Kart SNES

crippyd

themcnoisy

My picks;

Black
Mario Kart
Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Im abstaining from the first battle. FF tactics is like the poor second cousin of Disgaea, I couldnt enjoy it at all. So I would be disingenuous voting against Mother 3 when Im pretty sure I would prefer it.

themcnoisy

@ReanSchwarzer7 There are some great early racing games like Road Rash 2 (I think there are 3 Road Rash games on the megadrive I definitely played 2 and 3). And yes I agree that was possibly the best racing game at the time.

Micro machines. Chase HQ, Buggy Boy, Outrun etc were also around. But they arent really racing if that makes sense. Your fighting the course rather than the competitors.

ApostateMage

Final Fantasy Tactics
World of Warcraft

ApostateMage

DerMeister

@Kidfried I've always wanted to try the Mother series at some point. Like many my age, I remember playing Melee and looking at Ness going "who's dis?". After seeing the love the series has from many gamers, I put it on my bucket list. However, the only fully functional Nintendo system I have is a 3DS, and I haven't checked to see if any of the games are on it's services.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

@DerMeister Earthbound released on 3DS Virtual Console. But that's only for people with a "New 3DS". Just another one of Nintendo's dumb decisions. I sold my 3DS as a result. But if you have a New 3DS you can buy it on the Virtual Console. It's a great game if you want to play a very classic RPG gameplay wise, but set in a totally different world.

I've been replaying Earthbound (Mother 2) on my SNES Mini the last few months and it's great. I completely forgot how long this game is, as I'm about 40 hours in now. The game isn't anywhere near perfect, but it's just got a lot of great and memorable moments.

Mother 1 is alright, but it's really rough. I wouldn't recommend that to players new to the series. And Mother 3 is very much like Earthbound, but it tugs at your heartstrings way more. It's a bit more similar to Undertale.

And I learned about Mother through Smash Bros. as well!

EDIT: Oh, and I totally forgot. For those who are wondering if they would like the Mother series. Games like Paper Mario and such obvious took a lot of inspiration from the game's writing.

(Sorry, I just can talk about Mother games for ever and ever)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

My votes for the current round are as follows:

Black
Mario Kart SNES

I'm afraid that I can't vote between Final Fantasy Tactics and Mother 3, nor Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Lylat Wars, as I've never played any of those games (well, I might've played a round or two of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 but I can't say for sure, as I can't tell any of those games apart, and there are so many of them).

The vote against Pokémon is a teeny bit of a protest. I've tried a few of them over the years, including Silver, and they just really, really aren't my kinda game. I know that there's likely gonna be a few of them that sail through to the finals, and that's great, but personally speaking I find the constant grind, random encounters and nonsensical rules all a bit much. It's also another of those Nintendo properties that I feel hasn't evolved enough (pun semi-intended) to warrant the fever-pitch anticipation and excitement that comes with each release.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@KratosMD But it was Super Mario Kart that started the trend. Street Racer, Wacky Wheels, Sonic Drift, Atari Karts, Xtreme Racing. All from before Mario Kart 64 and so clearly inspired by Super Mario Kart. The game sold 9 million copies, it wasn't an insignificant game in any way. (And I think Mario Kart 64 streamlined way more than it innovated.)

Also the fact that they got all characters from the Mario universe together in a mascot party game was pretty exciting at the time.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@KratosMD I read your post and didn't interpret it as such. No worries! And it's completely fine to think Super Mario Kart isn't a very special game. But I probably would've voted on it regardless, because of the subscription fee for WoW which I really dislike.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

DerMeister

@Kidfried That's... a bummer. I have an older 3DS, so I can't get it. Shows how in tune I am with Nintendo. It's that special FE Awakening designed 3DS as well, so I blame myself for getting distracted by the pretty pretty.

Oh well, I'll find a way to play it. There's always a way.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.