Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,645

Th3solution

@Constable_What sorry bro, but we’re past the nomination stage and into the voting stage. But if it’s any consolation, I’m pretty sure all 6 of yours made the cut already. (Although I’m not 100% sure about FEA and Halo3)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Constable_What Yeah, see comment 142, 143 on page 8 for a list of the games that made it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

Current battles. Anyone left to pick still has 12 hours to get your vote in.

Tomb Raider PS1 vs Star Wars Battlefront II (Original version)
Mass Effect 3 vs Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1
Sonic The Hedgehog vs Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Witness vs Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Wolfenstein 3D vs Soul Calibur

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Dichotomy

Tomb Raider PS1
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Soul Calibur

Dichotomy

themcnoisy

Last few hours to vote. Thank you everyone so far! Sonic vs Mario is close any last votes can have a mass(ive) effect.

themcnoisy

Thank you @Star-Lord you are the last vote!

themcnoisy

VS Battles - D - Result

Tomb Raider - 23. Star Wars Battlefront II (Original version) 7
Mass Effect 3 - 11. Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 - 15
Sonic The Hedgehog - 16. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 13
The Witness - 8. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 12
Wolfenstein 3D - 8. Soul Calibur - 13

The blur blur wins out in a tightly contested melee battle, Clementine stabs Shepherd in the eye and kicks him/her down to Andromeda and a niche visual novel beats one of the best games ever devised. Great voting everyone! Thanks for joining in what a great round of games and votes!

themcnoisy

VS Battles - E - Voting closes at roughly 10pm on the 28th of February

Pirates! vs Project Gotham Racing 2
Fallout 4 vs Crash Bandicoot
Batman: Arkham Origins vs Fez
Goldeneye vs Super Mario Sunshine
Monster Hunter World vs Phantasy Star Online

Wesker

Fallout 4
Fez
Goldeneye
Monster Hunter World

Wesker

mookysam

Fallout 4
Goldeneye

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy

1)Crash

2)Fez, blatantly. The games gold. Up against a phoned in cash grab of a Batman prequel? DONT MAKE ME PHYSICALLY SICK!!

3) Goldeneye

4) I've played neither and I feel like it'd be MHW, but Phantasy Star Online has always been a game that I've been drawn to and I don't know why, so I'll abstain from that particular choice.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

Pirates!
Crash Bandicoot (Not a fan of either game, but Crash Bandicoot has the benefit of age. What's Bethesda's excuse for FO4?)
Batman: Arkham Origins (one of my less preferred Arkham games, but it at least didn't bore me to tears)
Super Mario Sunshine (Great game. No-brainer for me.)
Phantasy Star Online (Utterly legendary title in its heyday)

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

Fez - one of the best indie games.
Super Mario Sunshine - best 3D Mario game.
EDIT: Didn't even see this one: Monster Hunter World

Edited on by Octane

Octane

BAMozzy

Project Gotham Racing 2
Fallout 4
Batman: Arkham Origins
Goldeneye
Monster Hunter World

Easy choices!!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

DerMeister

Fallout 4- I don't think Crash 1 is bad, but it has aged poorly, especially compared to 2 and Warped, and just watching Fallout 4 I can tell you it's better than Crash 1. I actually hate how people remember Crash 1 more than 2 and Warped, two much, much more superior games, yet aren't as featured as Crash 1.

Batman Arkham Origins- Never played Fez, but I also didn't hate Origins. It has it's technical hiccups and can be too similar to City, but it also has one of the better stories and the best boss fights in the series. It's not bad on it's own.

Goldeneye- Never played Sunshine. Played Goldeneye at a friend's in high school and loved it, even though it's ancient compared to modern shooters.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

Pirates! - Classic game. Both the original and the remake. I have no idea which one we're voting for here, though.
Crash Bandicoot This is a vote against Fallout 4, to be honest. Fallout 4 was just a real shallow game compared to Fallout 3 and moreover the original games. Shouldn't make it into the next round. Crash on the other hand was a cool game for its time, although I doubt how much it would hold up nowadays. I still have to play the remake.
Fez OF COURSE. We should almost always pick new games over "just another sequel". And Fez deserves a lot of credit for being a very exciting puzzler, which is rare.
Super Mario Sunshine beats Goldeneye for me, but that is purely personal. I have a lot of fond memories playing Sunshine, especially the bonus levels. I wasn't as good at 3d platforming back then as well (13 years old), so I sank a lot of time into getting all the suns. I reckon a lot of younger gamers will cherish Odyssey in that same way 15 years from now.

I don't have enough experience with neither Monster Hunter World (watched a few streams) nor Phantasy Star Online (played it over at a friend's for an hour back then). But I never experienced the thrill of playing the games offline, which in both cases is just such an important part.

Kidfried

Wazeddie22

Crash Bandicoot (after all the fuss in bringing Crash back I thought there would be more votes for the original)
Batman:Arkham Origins
Goldeneye
Monster Hunter World (just based on the beta)

Wazeddie22

PSN: Inherentdragon

Octane

@themcnoisy I completely missed the last one, so I edited my post to include MHW, hope you don't mind!

@YummyHappyPills What's wrong with being a Nintendo game?

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.