Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,645

LieutenantFatman

Tomb Raider PS1 - Love this game, what an adventure, was totally blown away when I first played this

Mass Effect 3 - great stuff despite THAT ending, online co-op was excellent fun

Wolfenstein 3D - pretty good and led to the legendary Doom. Got to love Doom.

LieutenantFatman

Fight_Teza_Fight

Tomb Raider PS1
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1
Sonic The Hedgehog

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Meaningless chatter? I must have missed that between the votes and the related discussion as to why these games were chosen by various people, why they were important to them etc - the chat that was TOTALLY RELEVANT. As far as I am aware - that is NOT 'meaningless' and the thread itself does open itself up for 'discussion'

Meaningless chatter would be totally irrelevant to the thread but discussion about the games battling it out is hardly meaningless chatter!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Doopliss

Tomb Raider
Mass Effect 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Witness
Soul Calibur

Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking butt, but he's taking names!

Octane

@KratosMD I like the reasoning behind the choices. So I'm just curious how anyone would approach it if you don't have first hand experience with both games. For example, Wolferstein 3D vs Soul Calibur, I haven't played either of them, so I wouldn't even know where to begin! I guess I did play RtC and ET, but they don't play anything like 3D.

Octane

BAMozzy

@Octane I played Wolfenstein 3D but the reason I picked tat is that I cannot stand fighting games so I would never vote for Soul Calibre. Even though I have a long history of gaming and never limited to just 1 system per gen, I have probably played a LOT of the games that would be regarded as the best games and/or most influential games. However as the nominations are more 'personal' rather than critically acclaimed, there are certainly a number of games that I haven't played. I also don't enjoy some genres either (like fighting games for example). However if two 'fighting' games were competing with each other, despite hating the genre, I could come to some rational basis for picking one over the other. Street Fighter 2 would trump basically all because of its significance and impact for example. Even though I have Virtual Fighter 5 (don't ask) game on the PS3, I wouldn't necessarily pick that over a game I have not played. It would depend on what that other game was, its impact etc or maybe something more simple - like which game would I rather play.

Take the Sonic vs Mario Galaxy vote - personally I did own both but there are still a number of ways anyone could vote - even if they didn't play one or both. You could vote on the game that had the biggest impact on the gaming world and its importance to the history of gaming. You can't talk about the history of gaming without mentioning the Sonic the Hedgehog game. You could vote on the game you actually had (if only one), could vote on the game that you would rather play today. Even if you have little knowledge or experience of games from certain eras or platforms, you could treat each battle as just that - which game would you rather keep knowing the other would be 'binned' for eternity, which would you save? For me, sometimes I use that method and as I don't like fighting games for example, I would rather 'bin' these and wouldn't miss them so I vote to 'save' the other. Of course that's not the only method I use but it does allow me to vote on every battle and, in genres I am not that familiar with I do look them up, watch a review or game-play video to be better informed.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Kidfried

@themcnoisy

Tomb Raider PS1
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Witness
Soul Calibur

Kidfried

0ld_boy

Tomb Raider PS1
Mass Effect 3
-
-
Soul Calibur

0ld_boy

Wesker

@YummyHappyPills You can look up the solutions for the color based puzzles, and play the rest of the game, if you wanted to.

Wesker

Wesker

@YummyHappyPills Jonathon Blow designed it so you didn't have to complete all the puzzles. You can skip areas completely and still get to the end.

Wesker

Octane

@YummyHappyPills The color puzzles are less than 5% of the game. And optional. So yes, you can play it!

Octane

melaneil

Tomb Raider
Mass Effect 3
Sonic The Hedgehog
Danganronpa 2
Wolfenstein 3D

melaneil

themcnoisy

My picks;
Star Wars Battlefront II (Original version)
Sonic The Hedgehog
The Witness
Soul Calibur

Hope everyone in the forums is still with us after that MGS Survive review.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@YummyHappyPills The colour puzzles are mostly primary and secondary colours and they are spaced out. We have different colour blindness but It didnt affect me much apart from a few puzzles in a tower where you view through a coloured perspex type thing. It looked blue to me but my wife assured me it was a different colour. Honestly go buy the witness its awesome and you will love it.

@KratosMD just read your comment at 317. Thats a great post mate and exactly how I feel about these polls. The more votes the better. You can pick any way you want!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Lol, Yeah Metal Gear Survive should have been nominated to be in this poll based on a few of those comments.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Constable_What

My picks

Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)

Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)

Nier: Automata (PS4)

Demon's Souls (PS3)

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

Constable_What

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.