Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,645

mookysam

Tekken 3
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Grand Theft Auto III

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

Kidfried wrote:

Why Metal Gear Solid 2? It's a game with balls...

Actually, if you cartwheel nekkid Raiden and pause it at just the right moment, you'll see that MGS2 has many things but balls ain't one of 'em.

Puerile observations aside, MGS2 is one of my all-time greats and I'm overjoyed to see it getting so much support (especially up against Zelda, a franchise that can apparently do no wrong). I've completed it many times over, on PS2, PS3 and PS Vita, and I've found new things to enjoy in every playthrough, whether it be a new perspective on Mr. Kojima's complex-yet-beautiful story or simply a new way to screw with the hapless guards.

Plus, you can slip on bird poop. It has everything.

Congratulations to all who saw their games go forward in the megapoll. Many of my choices in Round 1-A crashed and burned, so here's hoping for more success this time out. My votes are below.

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Another World
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Despite coming from a MegaDrive background, I've never played either Shining Force II or LandStalker, so don't feel qualified to pass judgement.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Another World
Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward

AdamNovice

Twitter:

SKC_Diamond

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Grand Theft Auto 3

The other 4 I have no idea what they are lol

SKC_Diamond

PSN: SKC_Diamond | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Shining Force 2.

@themcnoisy I will be away from PSN for a few days because my TV shorted out and my new 50 incher won't arrive until Friday. Please let everyone in the Calm Chatroom know why I can't chat with them outside my website for the time being.

Three of the five winners were games I voted for yay!

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Th3solution

Well, since I am too lazy to try to calculate what 10 PM UK time is locally, I better just get this vote in now

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
(- and I’ll abstain on the last pair)

The tough one for me is the two zero escape games head to head. VLR is the more intricately realized plot and more detailed puzzles. I feel like it should be the superior game, and I liked it immensely, but 999 was more impactful to me. I just liked the characters and the setting and how the story was unveiled better. I also preferred the graphical presentation. Granted, I played them both on the Vita as part of the Zero Escape: The Nonary Games bundle and so the version I played was the improved updated version that had the flowchart implemented into 999. If I would have played it on the DS then I might have given the vote to VLR due to that mechanic alone.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gamer83

Tekken 3
Grand Theft Auto 3

Gamer83

Wesker

Tekken 3
Grand Theft Auto 3

Wesker

Ralizah

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Shining Force 2

Almost finishing up my first ever playthough of Twilight Princess, actually! It's OK. Better than I gave it credit for at first. It's still not as good as the other 3D Zelda games I've played, however, and it's CERTAINLY not better than Kojima's masterpiece.

I enjoyed 999, but VLR is just on another level for me. Probably my favorite game of the 2010's thus far (in close competition with Danganronpa 2 and Breath of the Wild).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@ReanSchwarzer7 Will do mate. Get your tv sorted!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

crippyd

I won't be voting for any of these as I've never played any of them.

crippyd

Nei

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Ohhhh noooooo not Dragon Age Origins

I feel you. And to Pokemon to boot.

Ultima Online
Metal Gear Solid 2
Another World
9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Shining Force 2

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

kyleforrester87

@Feena I was joking, I hate DA:O :') Sorry!

Edit: WAIT, It's inquisition I hate. Origins I've never played, but I hear it's great. My bad. Thanks for publicly shaming me.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JJ-firl

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA III

Haven't played any of the games in the last 2 matches.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

clvr

Round 2 - my picks:

-TLOZ: Twilight Princess
-GTA III

Just like last time, I’ll just stick to games I’ve actually played (preferably when I’ve played both games competing).
Also, interesting and ironic that 999 is up against VLR. I have played both but only for a couple of hours total, so I don’t really have an opinion on what’s better, but it’ll be interesting to see how it goes

Clover.

PSN: clvr51

ApostateMage

Ultima Online - Fantastic mmo. I remember some random dude just giving me his in game house because he was quitting to play Everquest. Right time, right place.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - I didn't particularly like Raiden but it was a great game.

Another World - The animation was jaw dropping at the time. I used to sneakily play this in the I.T room at school.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Pretty good. I never did finish this, though

ApostateMage

melaneil

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Shining Force 2

melaneil

Wazeddie22

@themcnoisy That comment you made about the tortoise thing in Shining Force 2 made me laugh...God he was the worst character in the game...until suddenly he wasn't.lol wasn't his name Tarquin or something??

Anyway back on topic..I haven't played all the games so will just pick the vs I have..

Zelda: Twighlight Princess
Grand Theft Auto 3
And...dammit,Shining Force 2 over LandStalker by a fraction!..can't we have them both?

Wazeddie22

PSN: Inherentdragon

themcnoisy

@Wazeddie22 You name the Tortoise yourself. So you must have called him Tarquin! Rofl.

Theres Chester, Sarah (starting team) Jaha (stops you leaving at the gate) Kazim (master dies and joins) Slade (Rat who stole the gem) Tortoise, Peter (the phoenix), May (centaur with a bow and arrow) and then it goes into a blur. Ive played the opening section about 20 times!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Gremio108

Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Grand Theft Auto III
-
Shining Force II

Me and my mate played the heck out of GTA III at the time, happy memories. And Shining Force II, what a game that was.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.