Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 1,765

Gremio108

@themcnoisy No worries - technically I missed the 10pm cut off so it can't be counted anyway. I was going to do it Sunday morning but thought, 'nah, I need more time'. Went out for the day and the screen on my phone broke! Didn't quite get home in time! It wouldn't have changed the winner anyway - guess I'd better play Horizon then!
Thanks for doing this competition, it's been a pleasure from start to finish, not just the voting stuff, but reading everyone's comments and side-debates along the way.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ApostateMage

I really enjoyed the super slick and stylish Persona 5 at the time but even though I played through it twice, I honestly can't remember much about it. Comparing that with my playthrough of Persona 4 Golden, I remember most things from that game. Each of the gang's persona confrontations, the school trip, the beach day out, the part time jobs, the festival, the skiing trip, poor cute Nanako, Kanji being Kanji. 'Every day's great at your Junes'.
Apart from the presentation and ultra slick combat, P4G had the much better cast, humour and stories, in my opinion.

ApostateMage

Fight_Teza_Fight

@LieutenantFatman Seems that way. I'd put Persona 3, 4G & 5 over pretty much most mainline Final Fantasy games (not played 8, 9 & 10 yet).
FemShep it is!

@Octane The Definitive Worst Game of All Time Forum Megapoll?

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Sorry I didn't vote as much toward the final stages, I struggled a bit to keep up with it if I'm honest 😬

Same here! It got a bit listy for my liking and found it a bit overwhelming.

I think it's a disgrace that The Witcher 3 didn't make it in the top 10. I hope you are all happy with yourself lol. And two persona games in the top 10, no bias then?

Good stuff @themcnoisy, thanks for all ya hard work. They say to go out on a high which you have done.

JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder You Witcher fans haha. I was going to award Witcher 3 most divisive game award! To be fair out of 40,000 games finishing in the top 50 is an achievement.

@LieutenantFatman @Fight_Teza_Fight Absolitely. Persona is amazing however the calender system can be quite stressful! Final Fantasy can make a comeback, Squeenix need to get back to developing proper anime esque storylines with a sense of humour like the ps1 games. Its all a bit too serious.

@ApostateMage I love P4G, @kratos highly recommended it. I like playing a jrpg once a year anyway and when I finally got round to p4g last year it somehow got its claws into me. I think theres a character for everyone and the chilled backdrop and amazing npcs like Dojima and Akechi really aid the game. P5s City backdrop and laughs didnt quite hit me the same way and the bad guys were cliche, I want more power damn it!

@jaz007 Rule to self - never ever view the comments on Game faqs. I think we are a bit more mature here and open minded. Thanks for joining in bro!

@Gremio108 Yeah I jumped the gun a tad. However in my defence I had driven over 600 miles on Saturday and Sunday so needed to get the results out before I fell asleep! Thanks for joining in mate you comments made me laugh.

@WanderingBullet If only it was rigged and Final Fantasy 8 would be running away with the prize lol. Thanks for joining in.

As for the multiple rounds and rules, it is the only way to run the competition and keep it going. That said we still had 30 votes (and @star-lord abstained) in the last round, we peaked at 36 users in one vote earlier in the cup. Thats incredible really, I remember a few years ago it was @wesker @tasuki @BAMozzy @ShogunRok @adf86 @gamer83 @star-lord @lieutenantfatman @kyleforrester87 and Sammy who voted and then the odd random. I used to stretch out the votes to get more votes. How times have changed!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Th3solution Haha I never seen this comment as I was reading the comments backwards. Weare bang on the same page and it was so close. Thanks for being part of the cup mate!

@DerMeister you really have to. HZD is not perfect but what it does well is absolutely astonishing. After playing HZD other games enemies are like pussycats and the environments sterile. I cant wait for the sequel.

Wazeddie22

Horizon Zero Dawn at top and Persona 5 2nd place?Hell yeah!How did two of my top games end up there?Shows most people here have great taste in gaming
Still,looking at this list is quite depressing in a way,out of 50 of these games i have played and complete 39 of them!I really ought to get a life lol
But fantastic job at arranging and keeping this forum going @themcnoisy even through your bad days.I'm not one for forums usually or taking part in much but had a blast with this so cheers!

Wazeddie22

PSN: Inherentdragon

Scrummer

Well, even if it's not my favorite, I can't necessarily say I disagree with the community choice for Horizon Zero Dawn. Of course, I haven't really played it all that much, so maybe I should get on that

Scrummer

Star-Lord

I've played 30 from top 50 hmm. @themcnoisy I'm gutted I didn't vote in final round as I have 5 backlog games in top 10 oh well, now I really need to play HZD asap and get Yakuza 0! 😉

Star-Lord

PSN: Drax-UK

mookysam

Thanks @themcnoisy this has been a lot of fun! It's been interesting to see what games other people like and what they think of them. I might even have to play this "Horizon Zero Dawn"! Great top 50, with a good spread of series and genres.

It's very surprising to see two Persona games in the top 10. Surprising, but awesome. Obviously they're still niche among the wider market but it's great that so many here have played and enjoyed them. As for supplanting Final Fantasy I guess Persona is now one of the last turn based JRPG series still around. There's still a lot of fondness for the older Final Fantasy titles, but as more time goes by it stands to reason that younger gamers will not have played them - or if they do, view them through the cold cruel lense of 2018.

Switch FC: SW-7078-8737-1884

PSN: mookysam

Dichotomy

The Persona series getting a combined 624 pts is a win as far as I'm concerned for that franchise. I don't personally think HZD is deserving of its position, but then I've come to accept my tastes in gaming aren't the same as the current trends would imply the majority of people's are (give me a well structured and paced game over open world busy work any day). Still, I do think, as mentioned earlier, if this poll was run even a year later it would not be number one as games like GoW and TLoU2 will fill the positions of modern favourites, such is the fickle nature of the gaming public .

Seems I've played 45 of the top 50 and three of the games I haven't played I intend to at some point. Mostly the list reflects some of the best in series games around, although I'd personally make the odd change like swapping out A Link to the Past for A Link Between Worlds (it was just a more enjoyable version of essentially the same base game for me). Overall a very good top 50 list that I'm sad I missed the early nomination part of, if for no other reason than to see if anyone else had any affinity for some of the older games I judged to be classics.

So I'll finish with a thank you to @themcnoisy for all the efforts that went in to running this (and previous) best game lists. Great job and hope you can spend the time from your retirement of running these votes by doing some gaming!

Dichotomy

RogerRoger

Fantastic result. It'll be interesting to see whether, if run again next year, Horizon is displaced by any of the upcoming Sony exclusives (God of War and Spider-Man being the obvious) because there's always something to be said for recent memories, which many share and still discuss, versus nostalgia, which is different, unique and personal for everybody (at least, that's my excuse for putting forward The Phantom Menace on PSone).

EDIT: I should read others' comments more carefully before basically repeating what some have said.

And it can't be said enough, despite it probably destroying his inbox with mention notifications; @themcnoisy is a hero and a gentleman. Huge thanks!

Edited on by RogerRoger

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

LieutenantFatman

Video game sequels are often a big improvement over the first game, so I can only imagine what the reaction will be to H.Zero Dawn's sequel when it eventually arrives. High expectations for sure!

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@Wazeddie22 Me neither until I started posting on PushSquare. Glad to hear you like the end result, pretty phenomenal top 50 games. Thanks for joining in.

@Scrummer @Star-Lord HZD starts well and then has a dip about 3 hours in (when the world opens up) once you are past that section its absolutely awesome again. Thanks for your votes! You really need to play the full game, its about 30 hours to do everything.

@Dichotomy I think HZD will stand the test of time for Playstation heads. 2017 was a stellar year and will probably be remembered until the next huge year in games at the very least. Ive played 41 games on the list - namely missing SOTC, Im gonna hunt down the other 8. Thanks for throwing your choices in!

@mookysam I think P4g being the top rated game on Vita has helped the series a lot. Especially in this forum. Persona 6 will be a huge release, even bigger than P5. But yes you really have to play HZD. Thanks for the votes man.

@RogerRoger No doubt the positions would change, i would be doubling down on Mass Effect 2 and forcing people to play that game lol. Thanks for your input in the poll and long may it continue!

Dichotomy

@themcnoisy Don't get me wrong, I don't think it'll drop out of the hearts and minds of people, just that I don't think it'll keep that top spot. As I say though I'm pretty sure I'm not the person to judge whether a game should be top of the charts for anyone other than myself (and even then I can have wildly different experiences with a game depending on my mindset going into it) so I could be completely wrong. I'm not wrong that Persona technically won though - no sour grapes here

Dichotomy

themcnoisy

@Dichotomy Persona 5 won best Japanese game. P4G won best Vita game. So it defo won something!

themcnoisy

Ok so here is my last post and final rundown from the forums Best Game of All Time Forum Mega Poll 2018.

1 Horizon Zero Dawn
2 Persona 5
3 Uncharted 2
4 The Last Of Us
5 Shadow of the Colossus
6 Persona 4 Golden
7 Super Mario World
8 Bloodborne
9 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
10 Mass Effect 2

11 Final Fantasy 7
12 Resident Evil 4
13 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
14 Chrono Trigger
15 Metal Gear Solid
16 The Witcher 3
17 Uncharted 4
18 Final Fantasy 6
19 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
20 Batman Arkham Asylum

21 Street Fighter II
22 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
23 Metroid Prime
24 Ratchet & Clank
25 Knights of the Old Republic
26 Super Mario Galaxy.
27 Bioshock
28 Yakuza Zero
29 Sonic the Hedgehog 2
30 Grand Theft Auto V

31 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
32 Valkyria Chronicles
33 Tomb Raider 2
34 Half Life 2
35 Portal
36 Nier Automata
37 Red Dead Redemption
38 Metal Gear Solid 2
39 Kingdom Hearts 2
40 Final Fantasy 9

41 Metal gear solid 4
42 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
43 Dark Souls
44 Fallout 3
45 Grand Theft Auto 3
46 Super Metroid
47 Mass Effect
48 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
49 Goldeneye
50 Tekken 3

Awards
Horizon Zero Dawn - Best European Game
Uncharted 2 - Best American Game
Persona 5 - Best Japanese Game

Final Fantasy 7 - Best PS1 Game
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Best PS2 Game
Uncharted 2 - Best PS3 Game
Horizon Zero Dawn - Best PS4 Game
Persona 4 Golden - Best Vita Game

Super Mario World - Best Nintendo Game
Yakuza Zero - Best SEGA Game
Resident Evil 4 - Best Capcom Game
Batman Arkham Asylum - Best Game originating in other media

@get2sammyb you are free to use that info in an article should you have a slot to fill.

Thanks everyone for joining in this year and the previous tournaments. 2 months of work and now its done. Hopefully I can now have a bit more time to game with you all and errr play some God of War!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic